- Weight = 155
- Board = Best Armada 131x40
- Style = Oldschool hooked in riding
- Wind speed = First day about 13 to 15 | Second day about 14 to 18
- Kite = RS 12m set knots furthers out on kite for lighter pressure
Overall I was extremely impressed and a bit surprised by this kite's capabilities. A few things that really stood out
- Similar to a race kite, it grabs onto any little bit of wind it can utilize. I was shocked at this kites low end.
- Its one of the easiest relaunching kites I've ever used and would be perfect for a beginner. On the relaunch it didn't collapse (taco fold) like some kites do. It held its shape, rolled right on the edge, and stayed.
- The kite truly does read your mind. Its stability is beautiful and in the sky it completely behaves in accordance to your input.
- The boosting power and hang time are superb. I would put it up there with all the major players in boosting kites (XR, Rebel, Roca, Switchblade).
Aside from all that, my most significant criteria for a kite's performance is the degree to which I hit my tricks, especially tricks that are still new. On the stronger wind day I did a number of board offs. In particular I did a drill where i attempted 5 double front-roll board offs. I landed 3 of the 5 which is pretty good. What I noticed is that the kite is locked in position and awaits for your impulse. I also did a few board flips (varial ?) and could not believe how easy it was and how much time in the air I had. Inverted fronts were also pretty easy.
So the question that people have been asking, "how does it compare to the Roca and TS?" Its a fair question but tough to compare because the feel of the kite is entirely different. i'd say that it's probably a bit closer to the TS in its agility but boost and hangs like the Roca. Again though, it really comes down to the riders preference and skills.
My only recommendation is that they offer more sizes. An 11 and 15 are desperately needed for this kite. Yes, the bar too could probably use some additional enhancements but its comfortable, simple, and does the job.
Overall, the kite has a very strong, solid, and predictable feel. They definitely did a great job and will be curious to see what others think.
Last edited by lindseym
on Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:58 am, edited 2 times in total.