Favorite Beaches: Islamorada
Style: airstyle, oldschool, freeride
Gear: Rebel 15, 12, 9
Brand Affiliation: Duotone

Re: Eleveight RS: My Review

Postby lindseym » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:56 pm

Kite-4-Life wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:43 am
I've known Lindsey for a (very) long time & he's a straight up guy and a great kiter. He's a guy you WANT trying your gear and giving feedback- seriously.
With regard to Eleveight, it seems the US dealer and rider network is staying in tact and that's all I care about when it comes to buying gear- supporting good people.
Thanks for the review, LM. Looking forward to trying them out & catching a session with ya!
Thx bro. Looking forward to seeing you out on the water again soon. Sunday looks killer...hope it holds.

Bartolo
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: WIjk aan Zee Netherlands
Style: old school jumping / wave
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight kites

Postby Bartolo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:38 pm

john a
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freestyle, airstyle, freeride, snowkite
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight

Postby john a » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:18 am

Nice review, say it well! One Launch does a good job on reviews!

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby clint2070 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:36 am

Best kites were my first good kites I owned. I loved the Waroo, Nemesis and Kahoonas. The 14m Nemesis was my light wind kite for a while and the 10m Nemesis scared the crap out of me in a good and bad way I guess ! When I moved on to the rabbit kites and the Fatlady I just never looked back. I heard good things about the Cabo and Roca but never tried them. I wish him luck. I started flying Best in 2010 when everyone was bashing them and I didn't understand cause I loved my kites ! I wish Eleveight the Best ! Just wondering if he started from Scratch or are these new kites just last years Best kites with a new paint job .

ChickenD!ken
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: It’s MY beach.
Favorite Beaches: Empty ones
Style: Sodomite Stance/Forbidden Footjob
Gear: Your mother aka “My Unholy Armada”
Brand Affiliation: Corporate espionage’s Inspector Clouseau
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby ChickenD!ken » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:49 pm

I’ve had my eye on Eleveight for a little while and am enjoying reading the reviews on their different models. This RS review is certainly positive. Looking through their 2018 catalogue I’m a bit puzzled by some of these indicated wind ranges. Makes me question durability..
Attachments
BCEF8C6F-4295-49F8-86CD-F77433976F9D.jpeg

Bartolo
Medium Poster

Postby Bartolo » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:15 pm

ChickenD!ken wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:49 pm
I’ve had my eye on Eleveight for a little while and am enjoying reading the reviews on their different models. This RS review is certainly positive. Looking through their 2018 catalogue I’m a bit puzzled by some of these indicated wind ranges. Makes me question durability..
What's your point?

ChickenD!ken
Frequent Poster

Postby ChickenD!ken » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:23 pm

Bartolo wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:15 pm
ChickenD!ken wrote:
What's your point?
If you tell me I can buy a 10m that flies at 6 knots, my only (two-fold) question to you is, “so what is it made of and how fragile is the material?”

We always talk about stability vs. agility but equally important is performance vs. durability. But I’m always open to having my mind blown on the water if these FS, RS & PS reviews are as good as they claim to be..

Bartolo
Medium Poster

Postby Bartolo » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:52 pm

ChickenD!ken wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:23 pm
Bartolo wrote:
ChickenD!ken wrote:
What's your point?
If you tell me I can buy a 10m that flies at 6 knots, my only (two-fold) question to you is, “so what is it made of and how fragile is the material?”

We always talk about stability vs. agility but equally important is performance vs. durability. But I’m always open to having my mind blown on the water if these FS, RS & PS reviews are as good as they claim to be..
Haha, I had been thinking "what does this guy mean, what is so strange" and indeed I ended up with that lower end of 6m :-) Maybe an 8 year old can fly the kite at that windspeed, but you can argue offcourse the kite would fall from the sky from it's own weight. I don t know. All I know is most companies use these charts and they don't always match my reality when on the water.
I have been using the Eleveight WS 7 and 9 m for a couple of sessions now and I have to say so far the Elev. windchart is quite realistic to me, at least for the sweet spot in the windrange, the darkest points. The rest I usually ignore. I wouldn't take them too seriously.

ChickenD!ken
Frequent Poster

Postby ChickenD!ken » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:25 pm

Bartolo wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:52 pm
ChickenD!ken wrote:
Bartolo wrote:

What's your point?

Haha, I had been thinking "what does this guy mean, what is so strange" and indeed I ended up with that lower end of 6m :-) Maybe an 8 year old can fly the kite at that windspeed, but you can argue offcourse the kite would fall from the sky from it's own weight. I don t know. All I know is most companies use these charts and they don't always match my reality when on the water.
I have been using the Eleveight WS 7 and 9 m for a couple of sessions now and I have to say so far the Elev. windchart is quite realistic to me, at least for the sweet spot in the windrange, the darkest points. The rest I usually ignore. I wouldn't take them too seriously.
Ha! What I wouldn’t give to have the lightness and flexibility of an eight year old kid..

Goes without saying, marketing material should always be JUST a first look with the real first impression coming at an eventual demo. But let’s take the W Series you’ve tried out, I’m a big Core user and their 9m wave kite (Section2) flies at 12kts (their claim of course). The Eleveight WS 9m flies at 6kts (according to the pdf dealer booklet), so that gives me reason to question it’s construction. We can talk all day about how lightly shaded the dot in the figure I posted is, but bottom line: if you put a dot in that 6kts column, I will hold you to it, even if my 6’3 82-85kg frame stands zero chance of utilising that low end. I will know what the capabilities are once i’m working the kite (most experienced riders will), also for much lighter riders. 9m anything in 6kts when I’ll be on my 19m light wind kite definitely feels like smoke up my ass, even if it’s indicated for 75kg riders.

Eleveight is a brand I’m really interested in demo’ing asap and I’m not at all turned off by the promotional jargon (it’s always the same from all the manufacturers) so if you’ve got some helpful impressions, please do tell..

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby iriejohn » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:53 pm

ChickenD!ken wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:25 pm
Bartolo wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:52 pm
ChickenD!ken wrote:

Ha! What I wouldn’t give to have the lightness and flexibility of an eight year old kid..

Goes without saying, marketing material should always be JUST a first look with the real first impression coming at an eventual demo. But let’s take the W Series you’ve tried out, I’m a big Core user and their 9m wave kite (Section2) flies at 12kts (their claim of course). The Eleveight WS 9m flies at 6kts (according to the pdf dealer booklet), so that gives me reason to question it’s construction. We can talk all day about how lightly shaded the dot in the figure I posted is, but bottom line: if you put a dot in that 6kts column, I will hold you to it, even if my 6’3 82-85kg frame stands zero chance of utilising that low end. I will know what the capabilities are once i’m working the kite (most experienced riders will), also for much lighter riders. 9m anything in 6kts when I’ll be on my 19m light wind kite definitely feels like smoke up my ass, even if it’s indicated for 75kg riders.

Eleveight is a brand I’m really interested in demo’ing asap and I’m not at all turned off by the promotional jargon (it’s always the same from all the manufacturers) so if you’ve got some helpful impressions, please do tell..
Given that you know that "promotional jargon is always the same from all the manufacturers" wouldn't it be sensible to treat it as such rather than interpreting a faint blob on a page literally in order to negatively question the quality and strength of a product from a manufacturer which is a competitor to the manufacturer with which you are affiliated - namely Core Kites?

Return to “Kitesurfing”