Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Most durable kite bar and lines

forum for kitesurfers


Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 580
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:20 pm
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: North, Firewire/Tomo, Loyd, Ion
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Western DSA

Re: Most durable kite bar and lines

Postby Da Yoda » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:30 pm

toddsphresh wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:32 am
Looking to replace my tired 2008 flexifoil bar. Don't care the year or options just looking for a bar that I wont have to worry about breaking anytime soon that has the least maintenance. Something for those nuking 30+ knot days. Thanks for any and all advice
Core's Sensor2 Pro control bar could be a contender...
"Leave it to CORE to design the strongest bar ever. We engineered an internal, aircraft quality, grade 5 titanium alloy truss to reinforce the bar."
https://corekites.com/us/bars/sensor-2s ... 01fe4e2711
Core's proprietary Techtanium lines are supposedly really nice too!

toddsphresh
Medium Poster
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:54 am
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: folly beach
Gear: Flex Ion Two, Naish Torch , Slingshot Octane
Omega board
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Most durable kite bar and lines

Postby toddsphresh » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:08 am

650 $ for a bar. You guys 650 WTF!! It's cool that it's warranted for 6 years but 650 for a bar. How much could this thing possibly cost them to make. 650 for a bar does it come with a bar of soap

tegirinenashi
Frequent Poster
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:29 am
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: 3rd Ave
Gear: Cabrinha CO2 9.5m, Naish x2 14m, Litewave 161
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Most durable kite bar and lines

Postby tegirinenashi » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:43 am

toddsphresh wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:08 am
650 $ for a bar. You guys 650 WTF!!
I would nominate this for the post of the year award. I'm little puzzled why virtually every enthusiast forum on the web features permanent "Deals" section, but not here on kiteforum. Of course, there is a danger that such a forum can become polluted with salesmanship (like this $650 bar), but I think readers showing middle fingers and proper moderation policy can easily fix this problem.

Returning to the original question, no kite brand actually showed their homework. Except Switch:
phpBB [video]

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 582
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:39 pm
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Scheveningen, Domburg, Rilland, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Binnenschelde, Vrouwenpolder, Oostvoorne, Rockanje, Grevelingen, Borssele.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Switch Helium V1 18m Element V3 13m-7m V4 9m-5m Legacy V1 10m-14m Slingshot Fuel 2005
Switch MJComp V2 136x41.5 Firewire Hellrazor 6.1 timbertek Shinn Shinnster Nobile 555 125x38
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Most durable kite bar and lines

Postby Faxie » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:58 am

Da Yoda wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:30 pm
toddsphresh wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:32 am
Looking to replace my tired 2008 flexifoil bar. Don't care the year or options just looking for a bar that I wont have to worry about breaking anytime soon that has the least maintenance. Something for those nuking 30+ knot days. Thanks for any and all advice
Core's Sensor2 Pro control bar could be a contender...
"Leave it to CORE to design the strongest bar ever. We engineered an internal, aircraft quality, grade 5 titanium alloy truss to reinforce the bar."
https://corekites.com/us/bars/sensor-2s ... 01fe4e2711
Core's proprietary Techtanium lines are supposedly really nice too!
Gotta love it how Core gives everything a name that suggests it's some new kind of material. Tectanium lines are just Liros dyneema lines. They're good, but please just call it what it is Core :baby:

blu
Medium Poster
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:32 am
Kiting since: 0
Favorite Beaches: Cayo Coco
Gear: Ozone Slingshot Cabrinha Nobile Lift LF
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Most durable kite bar and lines

Postby blu » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:23 am


TonyC
Rare Poster
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:51 am
Kiting since: 2004
Gear: Core GTS4 8,10,12
Naish Monarch 135,138
Stallion V2
Slingshot Hoverglide NF2
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Most durable kite bar and lines

Postby TonyC » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:31 am

I would say any bar with sheathed depower lines will last way longer than non sheathed. I prefer cleats but if you want a bar to last the longest the strap system will have less wear. Some bars have a easy to replace depower line, but it can get annoying and expensive replacing it every 6 months. Coated flying lines will also last longer than standard, they help keep sand grains from getting into the weave. I really like the Core, Cabrinha and Ozone bars. All of them have sheathed depower plus really nice swivel systems.

User avatar
cleepa
Frequent Poster
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 4:43 am
Kiting since: 2008
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Most durable kite bar and lines

Postby cleepa » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:28 am

Personally, I would much rather have unsheathed lines. It means that you can easily see when they wear out. It also makes them easier to replace.

iblocalsurfer
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 814
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 5:34 pm
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Imperial Beach
Favorite Beaches: For kiting: Imperial Beach, Raul's, San Quintin, Strand, Pico
For Surfing: Imperial Beach, Baja Norte
Style: surf
Gear: Blade, North, Liquid Force
Firewire
Location: Imperial Beach, CA

Re: Most durable kite bar and lines

Postby iblocalsurfer » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:16 am

Second the Slingshot Compstick. Seems like the lines and bar never wear. You give up a little comfort on the bar though(less cushy).

User avatar
ShaveTheWhales
Frequent Poster
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:28 pm
Kiting since: 2008
Gear: Naish, Epic, F-one, Shinn
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well and fun to fly

Re: Most durable kite bar and lines

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:43 am

tegirinenashi wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:43 am
toddsphresh wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:08 am
650 $ for a bar. You guys 650 WTF!!
I would nominate this for the post of the year award. I'm little puzzled why virtually every enthusiast forum on the web features permanent "Deals" section, but not here on kiteforum. Of course, there is a danger that such a forum can become polluted with salesmanship (like this $650 bar), but I think readers showing middle fingers and proper moderation policy can easily fix this problem.

Returning to the original question, no kite brand actually showed their homework. Except Switch:
phpBB [video]
Yes I agree theres alot of bullshit when it comes to bar claims and $$$ - fancy light bars are great until they break. If Core and the rest of the Mob have nothing to hide, why dont they post gear strength videos like switch ???
I bought 2 switch bars for a custom setup.. that I can trust not to break when high wind do or die riding. The grip sucks and someone at switch should be Shot :cool2: cut it off and replace with ebay $2. soft bike grippy foam grips (yes 2 dollar grips that last) and you can rock hard in comfort allll day.
Attachments
20170630_065336.jpg
20170630_092352.jpg

toddsphresh
Medium Poster
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:54 am
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: folly beach
Gear: Flex Ion Two, Naish Torch , Slingshot Octane
Omega board
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Most durable kite bar and lines

Postby toddsphresh » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:54 am

I also don't really want all that Crap going through the center of my bar. Who still uses a single depower line going through the middle with above bar trim. All I want going through my bar is 1 single depower line and one center line safety rope leash attachment point does no one offer a simple tough bar.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bartolo, Bing [Bot], TommyDelly and 22 guests

cron