Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

North Click Bar

forum for kitesurfers

swampfox
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Botany Bay , Central Coast N.S.W also Mauritius
Favorite Beaches: Silver Beach Kurnell & Silver Beach Trou D'eau Douce ,Mauritius
Gear: Ozone Kites,Nobile Board
Brand Affiliation: None

North Click Bar

Postby swampfox » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:21 pm

Hi North Click Bar Kiteboarders
The North Click bar has been in service for over a year has there been any major issues with Click System . I am looking at purchasing a North Click Bar
for my foil and inflatable kites .
Thanks

Lokihel
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2050
Style: Yes
Gear: North Dice
Shinn Monk the One
North Nugget

Re: North Click Bar

Postby Lokihel » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:12 pm

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2393626

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keyw ... R&start=10

No major issues to report.
Slight problem with some wear on the center lines because of a piece of plastic on a Y configuration.
No problems with the mechanism itself.

xantos
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby xantos » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:10 pm

I have a full season on mine and love it. No issues whatsoever. I have been looking for wear on the center line as discussed in this and other threads, but have not noticed any. The bar may not be worth the extra $$ for everyone, but it has solved all my bar problems and cannot say enough good things about it. It has worn very well, super easy to use and has made a very positive noticeable difference in my use of power/de-power.

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Style: freeride/freestyle
Gear: All kinds.

Postby POACHER » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:37 pm

xantos wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:10 pm
I have a full season on mine and love it. No issues whatsoever. I have been looking for wear on the center line as discussed in this and other threads, but have not noticed any. The bar may not be worth the extra $$ for everyone, but it has solved all my bar problems and cannot say enough good things about it. It has worn very well, super easy to use and has made a very positive noticeable difference in my use of power/de-power.

+1

No issues for me either. The center line wear issue was only if you were using the high V connection if I'm not mistaken. I took all that crap off and have only run it on the low V for my Naish kites.

My only gripe is the Clicker is a little tough at times to turn when you are cold water riding and have thicker gloves. (NP trigger mitts for me.) But it's doable.

vannibombonato
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008

Postby vannibombonato » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:41 pm

+1 love it.
It’s obviously a luxury, nobody really needs it, but imh is worth the extra price (no twists in front alone is really cool)

andylc
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: JN PD3/6
North Jaime

Postby andylc » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:19 pm

Me too - love it, no issues, looking for centre line wear, none visible at the moment, I'm thinking I might be a new V splitter if need be but I can't see any sign of issues with the current one.

purdyd
Very Frequent Poster

Postby purdyd » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:17 pm

I just got a new 2018 click bar.

I think the vee spreader is a new part with a metal interior. I don't see any reason it shouldn't work well.

It is pretty nice bar. Good grips, nice winders. Color coding is a little odd. but consistent all the way to the kite. Even has color strands in the lines.

Still have to wrap my brain around push (release) to depower and rotate (pull) to power. Backwards of frontline system.

Some things that are different

You have to have the front lines including the main depower line all sorted out with no twists. You can't straighten this out after launch.

The power adjustment is in discrete increments of + or -. It is not infinite like in a cleat.l

I thought maybe the visible line adjuster string on the bar would be a nuisance, it is not.

The pu main line will feel sticky if you are turning and depowering/powering. I think it is the depowering that I notice the most as it requires a pushing action.

It is a fair amount of money for a bar.

Return to “Kitesurfing”