Re: Fireball & Swivel Danger

Postby Bartolo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:38 pm

Faxie wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:52 pm
Bartolo wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:17 pm
Faxie wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:06 pm

Well, with annual recalls you should start scratching the back of your head about those testing methods...

There's a reason I don't use it. Tried it, don't care for it. Same for the recoil and overdrive bars. Works like shit. Kites are fine, but nothing special imo.
Fine.
But then again, I don't get it; Why so hysterically? You seem to invest a lot of (negative) enery into a brand/product you don't even use...
Why do you assume I'm being hysterical? Or are only positive opinions allowed? :roll:
Ofcourse not! :-) But, well, I think you make a big fuzz, pulling in all other kind of things related to Cabrinha bar, when there is ONE person having a problem with his bar and then ONLY when he's using thick gloves. When I read your comments it is as if Cabrinha is one big scam! Sorry, but that sounds a bit hysterically to me.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Faxie » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:20 pm

Bartolo wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:38 pm
Faxie wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:52 pm
Bartolo wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:17 pm

Fine.
But then again, I don't get it; Why so hysterically? You seem to invest a lot of (negative) enery into a brand/product you don't even use...
Why do you assume I'm being hysterical? Or are only positive opinions allowed? :roll:
Ofcourse not! :-) But, well, I think you make a big fuzz, pulling in all other kind of things related to Cabrinha bar, when there is ONE person having a problem with his bar and then ONLY when he's using thick gloves. When I read your comments it is as if Cabrinha is one big scam! Sorry, but that sounds a bit hysterically to me.
He's not the only one. It has been mentioned numerous times on numerous boards.

Slappysan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Gear: Wave Bandit Performer 4-10

Postby Slappysan » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:03 am

dejavu wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:42 am
Had my fireball setup for more than 50 sessions now. I would not go back to the old loop. Far better.
So are you careful to always grab hold of your QR with your palm and operate the swivel with your fingers?

Even if you are careful to use the swivel that way are you confident that if your kite broke a line and went in to a deathloop that the ball wouldn't spin? Because that's the worst possible time to have your leash caught up in your QR release pin.

On top of that the notion of having to firmly grab my QR all the time seems like a terrible idea. Often I like to unswivel while doing a bottom turn, mess up the turn while you've firmly grasped your QR to unswivel and there's a good chance you'll accidentally activate the QR.

Slappysan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Gear: Wave Bandit Performer 4-10

Postby Slappysan » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:45 am

In their latest video you can even see Matt has let his leash get wrapped 2x around his QR and that's without gloves on https://youtu.be/TEUultsuTRw?t=90

https://youtu.be/TEUultsuTRw?t=90

It's kind of frustrating because sometimes just looping your kite will cause the ball to rotate in the socket instead of twisting the lines so you have to be really vigilant and constantly check your QR for wraps.
Fireball_QR_Block_2.JPG
These users thanked the author Slappysan for the post:
Flipflop (Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:14 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Kitesurfing”