Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

How to make a kite

forum for kitesurfers


User avatar
LiquidXtasy
Frequent Poster
Posts: 299
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:03 am
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: The beach that's closest to my house.
Favorite Beaches: The ones with sand and water.
Style: 2 Feet on the board, 2 hands on the bar
Gear: I'm not driving right now, but when I drive I always start out in 1st.
Brand Affiliation: Your mom
Location: Florida

Re: How to make a kite

Postby LiquidXtasy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:45 am

downunder wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:26 am
^
You know what? I would never call one Lankan an Indian.
Wow that's racist, you just said Lankan instead of Sri Lankan.

User avatar
downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:16 am
Kiting since: 1970
Gear: building my own
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: How to make a kite

Postby downunder » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:17 am

^
Yep, Aussie is for Australian. We love to shorten the words you know. How is your geography? ;)

You're more than welcome to try to shout Turks is Greece (and vice versa). Try it, might be fun.

I'm surprised by your ignorance to accept wrongdoings tho, it's takes a courage and manhood to accept it sometimes.

james
Frequent Poster
Posts: 461
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:18 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot

Re: How to make a kite

Postby james » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:37 am

LiquidXtasy wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:13 am
james wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:36 pm
LiquidXtacy
Watching a video and assuming just a bunch of Indians is at the very least stupid, backing it up with a total disregard for their nationality when presented with the facts, well that's where the race thing comes in.

Seeing a bunch of different colour faces and bundling them all tougher with an off hand comment isn't a particularly pleasant thing to do.

Hey all you white folks are the same right? Sounds stupid doesn't it?

Ok you didn't get taught Geography very well and fail to understand that Sri Lanka is its own country with its own people, that can be forgiven and we all make mistakes, just accept it, admit you were wrong and learn something.

Oh and wtf was your point about anyway?
No, you're the one that's wrong.

Sri Lankans are people of Indian origin, and there are even Indians in Sri Lanka, just look it up. And that's exactly how I described the factory workers, I called them by their origins. Did I ever say anything degrading about them or the quality of their work? No, I'm just dealing with a bunch of overly sensitive people who feel the oppertunity to make themselves look good by saying i'm racist for describing a group of people by their native origins. And since when does being called an "Indian" become degrading? The only people making it degrading are the people making a big deal out of it.

Man this forum is full of lame people

f*** me you are stupid, you know there are Indians in America right? By your same logic we could describe Americans as any other nationality merely by Somone living in that country that happens to have the skin colour you are looking for to support your f*** up.. Just look it up right;-)

Oh while we are being lame, wtf is liquidXstacy😂😂😂

I assume your a grown adult? What's with the super duper bad ass forum handle?

User avatar
LiquidXtasy
Frequent Poster
Posts: 299
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:03 am
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: The beach that's closest to my house.
Favorite Beaches: The ones with sand and water.
Style: 2 Feet on the board, 2 hands on the bar
Gear: I'm not driving right now, but when I drive I always start out in 1st.
Brand Affiliation: Your mom
Location: Florida

Re: How to make a kite

Postby LiquidXtasy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:57 pm

james wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:37 am
f*** me you are stupid, you know there are Indians in America right? By your same logic we could describe Americans as any other nationality merely by Somone living in that country that happens to have the skin colour you are looking for to support your f*** up.. Just look it up right;-)

Oh while we are being lame, wtf is liquidXstacy😂😂😂

I assume your a grown adult? What's with the super duper bad ass forum handle?
You just called some people in America "Indians", that's racist.

User avatar
tegirinenashi
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 519
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:29 am
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: 3rd Ave
Gear: Cabrinha CO2 9.5m, Naish x2 14m, Litewave 161
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: How to make a kite

Postby tegirinenashi » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:37 pm

downunder wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:26 am
If you call me an Serb I would react. If you call 'a bunch of Serbs' some factory people in Croatia, you would offend all of them. Same
with Greeks if you call them Turks (same origin, right?). Same with many many many nationals who actually care.
If you are speaking of respect of nationality, then let me be politically incorrect and question why nationalities/countries should get their respect unconditionally? When you see a delegation of 3 people of some forgotten island on Olympic opening ceremony, are you amused, entertained, annoyed? Or, perhaps, proud for them for boldly hijacking attention of 7 billion viewers? Let me be even more politically incorrect and suggest that my respect to a nation/ethnicity is directly proportional to the number of Nobel laureates they produced. From that perspective, alohas lost my respect with their 30 meters telescope ordeal. Ceylonese, on the other hand are fine; at least I'm not aware of them blocking any progress.

User avatar
edt
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 4945
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:27 am
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: ford lake Michigan
Gear: slingshot liquid force wainman pansh naish north cwb burton

Re: How to make a kite

Postby edt » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:07 pm

When I'm sleepy after a long night's rest, and want to wake up in the morning, the first thing I do is turn on my computer and log on to kiteforum. There's always a long hot steaming cup of racism with hints of bigotry that gets my blood boiling and wakes me right up. So for your next cup, make it a cup of kiteforum.com. Fill it to the brim . . . with racism.

User avatar
tegirinenashi
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 519
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:29 am
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: 3rd Ave
Gear: Cabrinha CO2 9.5m, Naish x2 14m, Litewave 161
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: How to make a kite

Postby tegirinenashi » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:36 pm

Racism, booo! That one magic word that ends the discussion.

Look, I know how complex the world is, and, sorry, one word doesn't cut it. Human genome is 99% identical to chimpanzee, and 97% to mouse. If anything, one has to respect billion years of evolution. Therefore, a respect is not something you can have for granted. People have to work hard to earn it (and to prove that this 1% genome difference matters).

User avatar
sabraxas
Frequent Poster
Posts: 244
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:40 am

Re: How to make a kite

Postby sabraxas » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:45 pm

LiquidXtasy wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:38 am
Just because a bunch of Indians are making their whole products in Sri Lanka doesn't mean their products come from India. Their original products come from Germany...
:o :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
sabraxas
Frequent Poster
Posts: 244
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:40 am

Re: How to make a kite

Postby sabraxas » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:48 pm

LiquidXtasy wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:12 pm

Oh it's not? It looks like a small island off India to me.

Image
:o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
sabraxas
Frequent Poster
Posts: 244
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:40 am

Re: How to make a kite

Postby sabraxas » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:49 pm

LiquidXtasy wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:38 am
Just because a bunch of Indians are making their whole products in Sri Lanka doesn't mean their products come from India. Their original products come from Germany...
:o :lol: :lol: :lol:


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: downunder, Matteo V and 27 guests

cron