Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kite companies - please stop the wakestyle hype!

forum for kitesurfers

LetsFlyaKite
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Aggressive
Gear: Nothing Yet
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Kite companies - please stop the wakestyle hype!!!

Postby LetsFlyaKite » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:22 pm

alexeyga wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:10 pm
LetsFlyaKite wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:33 pm
Anyway, all bullshit set aside, I think the reason why wakestyle is featured everywhere is because it is the most extreme form of kiting there is. When you see an ad, do you want to see someone killing it in the air being upsidedown with the handle behind them? Or would you rather see someone standing on a foil board doing nothing? The only people that i ever see complaining about wakestyle are the people who can't do it
Dude - like I've said - whatever floats your boat. If you believe that wakestyle is the pinacle of the sport - good for you. Nobody argues that it's easy and doesn't require a great deal of athletic skill. Though - it might come as a surprise to you - but not everybody are into fat chicks...

My point remains the same though - wakestyle looks uninteresting and has no visual flow in videos. There's really no point in being fed that much of it from kite companies.

B.t.w. has anyone noticed that most female teamriders can't jump or loop for sh@t? All they do - some awkward-looking handle-passes without any grace or style?
Wakestyle isn't about grace, nobody doing it cares about that shit. It's about landing your trick before you hit the water. And it's so fast that most of the time it's hard to see the flow of it. That's why even I get bored of watching it too, because it's too fast for me to even comprehend most of the time. But when you're actually doing it, it's more fun than it looks.

I saw a video recently with slow motion wakestyle which by the way was awesome because it was smoother and easier to figure out what the rider was doing.

But to me it just sounds like you don't like it and want kite companies to advertise whatever style of riding you want, because you must think that everyone should have your taste in kiteboarding. No man, we don't...

jeromeL
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Longisland NY
Style: freestyle
Gear: Fone Bandit 2014 12m^2, 2015 9, 2015 7, 2015 14
Best GP 2015 9m
Star Sirius V2 12m
Nobile Fity/50 138cm
Naish Apex bindings.
Zeeko Green and White + Shinn El Stubbo

Postby jeromeL » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:53 pm

pj sofine wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:00 pm
All I know is the wakers get the hottest chicks.I'm not big into wakestyle,but I carry around a board with boots for the "social" advantages. Carry on
THE guys at Horue hydrofoil seems to be doing well too on that end ;)

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Any gear is good gear as long as it has nothing to do with EPIC!

Postby alexeyga » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:33 pm

LetsFlyaKite wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:22 pm
But to me it just sounds like you don't like it and want kite companies to advertise whatever style of riding you want, because you must think that everyone should have your taste in kiteboarding. No man, we don't...
I could throw the same ball in your direction, just because you like wakestyle - do you seriously think that everybody else does?

My gripe with kite companies is in the fact that they are feeding waaay too much of wakestyle - which is only of interest to a really small minority of riders and it doesn't even look good. I'm not telling them what to do, I'm only saying that they are seriously over-doing it on the least visually-appealing end.
Last edited by alexeyga on Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Style: freeride/freestyle
Gear: All kinds.

Postby POACHER » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:30 pm

we wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:07 pm
I second this. I want to see more "mowing the lawn". That's my favorite style. Or better yet, underpowered sloggy mowing the lawn, that what I do best. Kind of like pushing the lawn tractor when it's broke down.
YES! Survival Sailing is my jam!
Seriously.........the shitty conditions we have, I am a fist pumpin' fool just to make it back to the beach some days.

On this whole thread:
Why do people care what others do? I sure don't give a shit.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:24 pm

POACHER wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:30 pm
On this whole thread:
now that's the golden question!

I always wonder why some people add a hate comment on here, FB or Insta when they see my tricks...but, if you google jealousy, you will find the answer why!

Just do your thing and enjoy it!

LetsFlyaKite
Very Frequent Poster

Postby LetsFlyaKite » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:59 am

alexeyga wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:33 pm
I could throw the same ball in your direction, just because you like wakestyle - do you seriously think that everybody else does?
No, and I honestly could not give a shit. You don't see me bitching and whining on a public forum asking companies to "stop with the boring hydrofoil, it's making me sick" like a little baby. No, I'm glad not everyone is into the same kind of kiting that I'm into, and I hope it stays that way.
alexeyga wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:33 pm
My gripe with kite companies is in the fact that they are feeding waaay too much of wakestyle - which is only of interest to a really small minority of riders and it doesn't even look good. I'm not telling them what to do, I'm only saying that they are seriously over-doing it on the least visually-appealing end.
Yeah, that's it. Every single kite company should stop advertising wakestyle and advertise something else all because of you. The kite industry should evolve around alex, because he doesn't like the way the ads look.

Your prissy attitude makes me believe you were pampered as a child...

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Any gear is good gear as long as it has nothing to do with EPIC!

Postby alexeyga » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:15 am

LetsFlyaKite wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:59 am

Yeah, that's it. Every single kite company should stop advertising wakestyle and advertise something else all because of you. The kite industry should evolve around alex, because he doesn't like the way the ads look.

Your prissy attitude makes me believe you were pampered as a child...
Hey, whatever floats our boat dude.

Like I've said - around here - only a handful of people can read, everybody else only see what they want to see. Cheers!

LetsFlyaKite
Very Frequent Poster

Postby LetsFlyaKite » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:32 am

You're the one who made the thread

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:50 am

LetsFlyaKite wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:59 am
No, and I honestly could not give a shit. You don't see me bitching and whining on a public forum asking companies to "stop with the boring hydrofoil, it's making me sick" like a little baby. No, I'm glad not everyone is into the same kind of kiting that I'm into, and I hope it stays that way.
viewtopic.php?p=958074#p958074
viewtopic.php?p=958146#p958146

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1970
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:18 am

POACHER wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:30 pm
we wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:07 pm
I second this. I want to see more "mowing the lawn". That's my favorite style. Or better yet, underpowered sloggy mowing the lawn, that what I do best. Kind of like pushing the lawn tractor when it's broke down.
YES! Survival Sailing is my jam!
Seriously.........the shitty conditions we have, I am a fist pumpin' fool just to make it back to the beach some days.

On this whole thread:

Hm,

I'll repeat what I wrote before:

You would give a s.ite if wakestylers slam kites on someones head. All the time. We talking unhooked moves in the landing zone. This is where the most flat water is, and no, no one else slams the kite there with hooked moves.

I've been in a nasty situations too many times, ie:

- unhooked move, slams the kite in front of me. I am now between his lines, and the guy is having trouble with his boots in shallows. My kite crashed now and powering up, I can't even see it and control. After good 10 mins (felt like it), I say to the guy that I'll cut his lines to free myself. I am now in 10cm of water, not seeing my kite which is on the beach, powered. The guy threatened me that he will cut my head off, obviously not local.
I am so powered, my lines under his kite and me struggling with my kite, did not notice his line sliced my ankle. Finally, I managed to go under his fully powered kite and free myself.

Like it is OUR fault if you, wakestylers, crash your bloody kite on top of us.

This is a disaster waiting to happen. One powered kite on someones neck, and than what? It is you, wakestlers, to think of the consequences.

Face it, do you or do you not slam the kite more often with unhooked moves? If you personally don't, how many others do?

Do you think that it is fair what THEY DO to the other riders?

Return to “Kitesurfing”