Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2018 Naish Slash

Forum for kitesurfers
Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Sylt
Style: Freeride, jumping, waves, foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil
Has thanked: 0

Re: 2018 Naish Slash

Postby Dirk » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:58 pm

Had my 7m Slash out today in St. Peter Ording in 27-30 to 40 knot gusts with a TT. Jumps really nice, good lift, good height, of course less hang time than the Pivot, but not too bad. Now and then I had it fully depowered (73kg, with a Naish Motion 134), it still flew well and was nicely responsive to the steering. Carving in flat water and on the waves of course was super fun with the kite. It was a bit rough, but I felt really comfortable. Last year I had a 6m Pivot and 7m Slash for some while with a lot of overlap. I think this season I will just use the Slash in these small sizes.

Pellesurf
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Haverdal, Sweden
Style: Freeride TT, strapless foil and wave
Gear: Naish Pivot 9,12 Nash Slash 5,7
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Pellesurf » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:52 pm

Dirk wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:58 pm
Had my 7m Slash out today in St. Peter Ording in 27-30 to 40 knot gusts with a TT. Jumps really nice, good lift, good height, of course less hang time than the Pivot, but not too bad. Now and then I had it fully depowered (73kg, with a Naish Motion 134), it still flew well and was nicely responsive to the steering. Carving in flat water and on the waves of course was super fun with the kite. It was a bit rough, but I felt really comfortable. Last year I had a 6m Pivot and 7m Slash for some while with a lot of overlap. I think this season I will just use the Slash in these small sizes.
About depower. I get a little confused when I see this
[youtubehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBXL2zTqHoo][/youtube]

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil

Postby Dirk » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:13 pm

I mean having the trim adjuster fully pulled in (Naish Torque BTB Bar)

topmick
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sunshine Coast
Favorite Beaches: Cotton Tree
Style: surf
Gear: Switch
FireWire

Postby topmick » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:13 am

clint2070 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:08 am
topmick wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:23 am
clint2070 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:57 am

Im just stoked ! read my other posts . I don't just have Naish gear. I do think their kites are the best though. I have a 2016 17.5 Solo thats good for what its worth. Im selling it though. My surfboards are all Tomo,Firewire and Ford ! My 6m kite is a BWS Noise but thats probably because no one will buy it off me ! haha My Hydrofoil is the Zeeko Spitfire with the Large Slingshot Dwarf Craft. I also want the large Naish surf foil but I can't afford it right now. My harnesses are both ride engine ! Dynbar is always my go to spreader bar. I use the best short leash. Don't really know why they still make long ones. I used to buy anything if I thought it would be better than what I've got but over the past 3yrs the Pivot and Slash have come through for me ! Ive grown tired of losing money on surfboards like the lib tech puddle jumper I posted about. Just put in clint2070 and see what comes up. I don't hide behind fake names and BS I My name really is Clint ! Im not a great kiter but I love the sport !
Ok, great to know your just another stoked Kiter like myself.

Apologies for thinking otherwise mate,
cheers mick
Try new gear whenever you can ! I see so many people that just get stuck on the same gear for ever. Your gear might be holding you back and you don't even know it. I try everything every chance I get ! What kites are you flying now ?
I'm on Switch Element 5,s (7&10) - I'm not saying these are the best wave kites in the world to date. But did have an 8m Slash demo for a week & didn't like it.

stefarius
Medium Poster
Local Beach: ijsselmeer
Style: freeride, wave, foil
Gear: all kind

Postby stefarius » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:15 pm

topmick wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:13 am
clint2070 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:08 am
topmick wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:23 am

Ok, great to know your just another stoked Kiter like myself.

Apologies for thinking otherwise mate,
cheers mick
Try new gear whenever you can ! I see so many people that just get stuck on the same gear for ever. Your gear might be holding you back and you don't even know it. I try everything every chance I get ! What kites are you flying now ?
I'm on Switch Element 5,s (7&10) - I'm not saying these are the best wave kites in the world to date. But did have an 8m Slash demo for a week & didn't like it.
Why?

topmick
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sunshine Coast
Favorite Beaches: Cotton Tree
Style: surf
Gear: Switch
FireWire

Postby topmick » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:08 pm

I found the Slash slow turning & also had too much pull through the turn (I was on a 5'3 Evo) - drift was great thou.

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,

Postby clint2070 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:31 am

clint2070 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:52 am
Craz Z wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:09 pm
Personally I think the Pivot is the best kite in existence...so top 1 for me, but I have not tried all kites. :thumb:
I second this! I did get a chance to ride the new slash. I think it would be good if I got more used to it. For me i'm moving into full on foiling. Supposedly wave kites are excellent for foiling. For me I didn't find that the slash worked as well as the pivots do for foiling. They tend to sit back further in the window then what I like. Some say this is good for foiling so you don't outrun the kite, but i found it was kinda holding me back compared with the pivot.

drift is good, responsiveness is ok, relaunch was good. I think for surfing it would in fact be a great kite, foiling not so much for me.
The pivot works exceptionally well on the snow and foiling, so for me that's what i'm using currently.

What i really think is going to be a great addition is the quadtex I really really think this material is going to be much more durable in the long run we'll see.
the wind here is only going to be good enough to foil tomorrow so I guess I'm going to try the 12m Slash instead of my 12m Boxer. Im using the Spitfire foil thats a canard. Im expecting since its a rear footed foil that the constant power through the turns will help me. I guess I'll find out. I love my boxer but the spitfire turns really fast ! Faster than the Boxer can keep up with. In 9mph it seems like sacrificing a fast turning kite for one that doesn't fall out of the sky is key. Hopefully the slash isn't too heavy for light wind foiling.
foiled w it yesterday and was great . i filmed my buddy riding it too.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/sdkiteboarders/

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,

Postby clint2070 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:33 am

Dirk wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:58 pm
Thats good to hear. That's been my only question is the wind range of the slash. Ive foiled on my 12m in 7-12 and strapless surfed with it in 11-18 while it was blowing 18 i pulled in the rope 2" I haven't flown it in anything more so Ive been worried at what point it won't work. The pivots wind range is insane ! I flew a 9m pivot in gusts of 50mph in La Ventana last year and it flew perfect and I wasn't even over powered. Hopefully the slash is similar. I have a 2017 10m slash for sale if anyone wants it

Pellesurf
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Haverdal, Sweden
Style: Freeride TT, strapless foil and wave
Gear: Naish Pivot 9,12 Nash Slash 5,7

Postby Pellesurf » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:59 am

topmick wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:08 pm
I found the Slash slow turning & also had too much pull through the turn (I was on a 5'3 Evo) - drift was great thou.

Do you compare Slash with the Element then? Great drift and some pull in turns are characteristics that are recognize, but slow turning?

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dirk » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:52 am

Do not know about the larger sizes but 5 and 7 are really quick and so far I have ridden them in the middle setting with 22m lines. German test Gleiten TV https://gleiten.tv/index.php/video/acti ... /page/347/ stated very quick turning for the 5 and 7 also and they only had the 24m bar for the test. Other wave kites they tested were Neo, Drifter, Religion, Section, Reo. Power through the turn they found somewhat similarity to the Neo with lot of depower to shut it off.

Return to “Kitesurfing”