Recife to Fortaleza info please!

forum for kitesurfers

stakas
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Recife to Fortaleza info please!

Postby stakas » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:43 am

Next month we have a week long trip to kite From Recife to Fortaleza.If someone is familiar with that are can you please share some info. Good spots, interesting places, eateries, potential dangers, well known sharks....etc

guialbernaz
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Ilhabela and Araruama (Brazil)
Favorite Beaches: Pereque (ilhabela), Pontinha (Araruama), Praia do Forte (Cabo Frio) - all in Brazil
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Cabrinha SB 2017 11m

Re: Recife to Fortaleza info please!

Postby guialbernaz » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:31 pm

Hey how's it going?

I'm brazilian but Fortaleza and Recife are very very far from where I live. I don't have much info for you, but what I know is that you should go to Cumbuco (near Fortaleza), is one of the best places to kite in Brazil. Also, it is kind of far, but if you can, you should try to go to Jericoacoara and Atins. These places are amazing, with excellent kite conditions. I'm not sure how are the conditions in Recife, but over there is the only place you should worry a bit about sharks. It's not common, but it happens once in a while.

Weather is amazing, people are great, good food, excellent conditions for kite. You'll enjoy Brazil for sure!

If you need anything else, let me know. If I don't know, I can try ask some people about it.

stakas
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Re: Recife to Fortaleza info please!

Postby stakas » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:34 pm

Thank you Guialbernaz!
This will be my 9th trip to Brasil. Saying that this my favorite country to visit is an understatement.
We have been up and down from Fortaleza to Lencois Maranhenses many times. This is the reason that I would like to get some info about the area south of Fortaleza.
Maybe someone will read this and give me so firsthand info. We still have 3 weeks before we leave.
Thanks again for your response.
Steven

Return to “Kitesurfing”