Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Moving from F-one Bandit V to... Dice, Evo or Rebel?

forum for kitesurfers

jeromeL
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Longisland NY
Style: freestyle
Gear: Fone Bandit 2014 12m^2, 2015 9, 2015 7, 2015 14
Best GP 2015 9m
Star Sirius V2 12m
Nobile Fity/50 138cm
Naish Apex bindings.
Zeeko Green and White + Shinn El Stubbo
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Moving from F-one Bandit V to... Dice, Evo or Rebel?

Postby jeromeL » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:07 am

ldmelo wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:59 am
BigBafana wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:19 pm
I went from f-one to North (for the same reason as to just try another brand) and there were so many North kiters and reps where I live that I sort of got convinced to get one. But I wasn't too happy about my choice at the end of the day.
Afterwards I got myself a CrazyFly Sculp and was pleasantly surprised and was having real fun on the water again. Have a look at them. Really nice kites and in my eyes they're undervalued and not talked about enough. Flies just as well as a f-one, goes upwind really well, has really good hangtime and very competitive pricing too.
Interesting.. Never heard about CrazyFly. Buying a kite nowadays is much like buying an android phone.. there are too many manufacturers and models, difficult to research them all.

Anyway... their website redirected me to a US online shop and the price for the sculp 9m is 1990usd with the bar.. not cheap at all.. Am I missing something?

I managed to try the rebel today for a few minutes (old model, 5 lines). It is a completely different game. I could jump higher, and a super hang time! Very different feeling. Sadly, I couldn't try anything more aggressive (the owner didn't let me LOL) . . But I found it also a bit too slow, it was like an old lady moving from one side to the other. Must be great for starters though, or for those really focused on board offs, etc.
Going away from Bandit a lot of things are going to feel slow ;) especially on 12m and up .
I havent tried many kite but he latest switchblade were acrually much faster than pre 2015.
Havent tried the dice but should feel a bit more nimble if you are set on north.
What size are you considering anyway?

BigBafana
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Moving from F-one Bandit V to... Dice, Evo or Rebel?

Postby BigBafana » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:57 pm

Interesting.. I never heard about CrazyFly. Buying a kite nowadays is much like buying an android phone.. there are too many manufacturers and models, difficult to research them all.

Anyway... their website redirected me to a US online shop and the price for the sculp 9m is 1990usd with the bar.. not cheap at all.. Am I missing something?

I managed to try the rebel today for a few minutes (old model, 5 lines). It is a completely different game. I could jump higher, and a super hang time! Very different feeling. Sadly, I couldn't try anything more aggressive (the owner didn't let me LOL) . . But I found it also a bit slow, it was like an old lady moving from one side to the other. Must be great for starters though, or for those really focused on board offs, etc.

CrazyFly is probably better known for its boards but their kites are just as good. They're a Czech company and produce them locally too thereby saving costs I guess. Too bad that they're so expensive in the States. For example I had just gotten an email from them with an offer for a 2017 9m Sculp kite, bar, board, bindings and pump for €1380, which is somewhere around $1600...

Return to “Kitesurfing”