Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Moving from F-one Bandit V to... Dice, Evo or Rebel?

Forum for kitesurfers
eenzwemvijver
Rare Poster
Weight: 80
Local Beach: Oesterdam - The Netherlands
Favorite Beaches: El Gouna - Egypt
Kappalady lagoon - Sri Lanka
Mauritius - le Morne
Style: old school
Gear: North Orbit 12 m2 2023
Core XR7. 9 and 7 m2

DSD intel stallion 5,2
Boardschmiede 135 x 40 , Duotone Jaime textreme 133 x 40 , S6 Boards 134 x 40
Groove foil board and Fab foil
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Moving from F-one Bandit V to... Dice, Evo or Rebel?

Postby eenzwemvijver » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:47 am

tried the both last We side by side again in about 18 knots on sunday and past WE the winner was ( my brother and mine opinion ) defiantly the EVO !
After 6 sessions with the rebel and 4 with the EVO i can tel that the low end off the EVO is better than the rebel for sure !
The EVO is the most fun kite as long as you are light till well powered to do everything you want from jumping to tricks , very fast and smooth !
The Rebel is a wonderful kite too but its strengt is when you use it in well powered to overpowered situations ! It needs the power to excel in that area where he is the king ..... JUMPING !!!!

So they both have there area , but as a quiver i will choose a EVo for the 11 oe 12 m2 and a Rebel for the 9 or 8 m2

ldmelo
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Fortaleza
Gear: F-One Bandit V 9m
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby ldmelo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:14 pm

I created this topic last year and found it buy accident today... So I decided to come back to tell my decision.

After demos and etc, I ended up buying the bandit. The evo was very nice, but, well.. I am not a rich a guy and the evo was much more expensive than the bandit here in Brazil (+30%).

I went one size up on the new kite (from 9 to 10m) and I saved some money to buy a used smaller kite for those windy days..

lindseym
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tampa
Favorite Beaches: Islamorada
Style: airstyle, oldschool, freeride
Gear: Rebel 15, 12, 9
Brand Affiliation: Duotone

Postby lindseym » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:12 am

ldmelo wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:14 pm
I created this topic last year and found it buy accident today... So I decided to come back to tell my decision.

After demos and etc, I ended up buying the bandit. The evo was very nice, but, well.. I am not a rich a guy and the evo was much more expensive than the bandit here in Brazil (+30%).

I went one size up on the new kite (from 9 to 10m) and I saved some money to buy a used smaller kite for those windy days..
Makes sense. You guys in Br get screwed with price. Ultimately, either option would have been great. I absolutely hated older versions of the Bandit (5 and 6). Now it seems like it has really developed into a solid all around kite but to me there is no substitute for the Rebel's solid feel in the air. I don't like kites to be too "twitchy" so it works for me. If you can, give us a review on your thoughts so far about the Bandits you purchased - even better - posted some vids of you doing tricks with them :D .
Cheers,
Lm

Return to “Kitesurfing”