GTC
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Gear: Wainman
Brand Affiliation: None

Wainman Smoke owners, I need your help

Postby GTC » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:00 pm

Hi all,

I own a Wainman Smoke 2.0 which I love it for my riding style. I've always flown it with the stock bridles (w/pulleys) and I would like to try the single line connection. I've read the kite becomes more responsive (even more), slightly faster and with increased bar pressure. The problem is that I lost the mini bridles some time ago.
I wonder if someone could tell me the length of this single line connection bridle. AFAIK is a simple line with a loop and a knot on each end.

Thanks in advance! :beer:
Attachments
Captura de pantalla 2017-11-08 a les 19.07.03.png

sflinux
Frequent Poster

Re: Wainman Smoke owners, I need your help

Postby sflinux » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:26 pm

I had a similar problem with a gypsy. I would recommend contacting WH. If memory serves I was able to get the measurements from someone that works there. They may be able to sell you a replacement bridle as well. I only have gen.1, so I can't help.
I only fly my Rabbits with the direct bridle. I recommend experimenting with both attachments. The attachment farthest from the tailing edge will feel closest to the stock bridle. The attachment closest to the tailing edge, makes the kite super stable, and is my preferred setting for gusty conditions. I sold my Boss after trying the direct bridle of the smaller kites. :thumb:

GTC
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Gear: Wainman
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Wainman Smoke owners, I need your help

Postby GTC » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:38 pm

Hi Sflinux,
I already contacted WH but got no response...
Since it is a simple line, my intention is to use some spare bridle lines to make the new ones.
Regards

Return to “Kitesurfing”