Razor 9m
Best armada
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Question about kite bar

Postby adrianmillon » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:05 am

Hello!!
I have de AP BAR (airush) 2015 with 19m lines.
The question is that i had the extensions but one day a took off and I forgot on the beach so if I buy a new set, Will i feel diferent?
I feel ok with the 9m but when I change to the 11m the kite looks overpowered.

Thanks!!

dylan*
Very Frequent Poster
Gear:

Re: Question about kite bar

Postby dylan* » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:48 am

The wind window is smaller with smaller lines, so it doesn't have as much room to fly around. This can be good for waveriding or whenever you just want the kite to get around the window quickly. The shorter lines also make the kite react faster since your movements don't have as far to travel.

Some kites just don't fly well with shorter lines though imo. My LF Envy works well when I take my extensions off, and my 9m Fuel felt great with 20m lines, but I absolutely hate the best TS with anything shorter than about 23m. So it can depend on your preference and the particular kite you are flying. Some sizes work better than others with different lengths as well.

Mostly you just need to try it and see if you like it or not.

MrWolf
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: Woodies Point
Gear: 2016 North Vegas + 2016 Airush Razors
2016 Airush Livewire 140 + 2016 North Wam
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Question about kite bar

Postby MrWolf » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:59 pm

adrianmillon wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:05 am
Hello!!
I have de AP BAR (airush) 2015 with 19m lines.
The question is that i had the extensions but one day a took off and I forgot on the beach so if I buy a new set, Will i feel diferent?
I feel ok with the 9m but when I change to the 11m the kite looks overpowered.

Thanks!!
When you say "overpowered" do you mean that its backstalling?

If the kite is looking over powered on the 11m, you might have to double check your lines to see if they are all equal and that the 5th line has tension on both kites.
You might not feel it on the 9 because you are out in fairly windy conditions but when you drop down on the 11m it might be in lighter conditions.
Those 11m lighter conditions would show the backstalling more so than in 9m windy conditions.

the extensions would affect responsiveness and use of wind window as well as the slack but first check your line lengths first and try both kites.

Return to “Kitesurfing”