Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Your support to kitesurfing innovations

Postby Toby » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:36 pm

Jay News:

Your support to kitesurfing innovations

Hello DYNABAR users, do you remember 10 years ago when this adventure started?
I think you do, it has been another improvement to the kitesurfing sport and the proof is that in 2018 almost all brands have a flat spreaderbar with rope and some also the replaceable hook.
The fact that "all have" shows that this is the right direction, that is kitesurfing needs a sliding system. I've seen freeride kiters using DYNABAR doing all kind of tricks, wave style kiters doing strapless tricks without any problem.

In 2014 we knew competitors were working on it, so we started designing harnesses and the first was the JAY XT-XX ABS with the option to replace battens inside the harness's back and change stiffness. But few months later the China factory making our harness, and other major brands, did the same feature plus sliding feature for very big competitors, so we had to move production to Italy.

in 2016 we designed the JAY XTC FlexTech 2.0 harness based on a fully rigid back but we also added an innovative assembly technique SEAM-LESS to keep 5 different parts connected using as less as possible seams. The result was great (check product page) and the benefits for end users and resellers is another key point.

But we underestimated the commercial power of brands like Mystic, ProLimit, ION, RideEngine and our sales are going down to a no-return limit.

Our last chance is to ask our customers and Likers to support JAY by a buy-produce-ship offer of 100 JAY XTC FTC2.0 harnesses before the end of this month.

You order and pay the harness with 25% discount, we produce it and ship worldwide to you for free. We produce in Italy and the waiting time is 3-4 weeks.

Don't wait and support JAY, it will be a benefit for you and for the innovation in kitesurfing equipment.

news.png
news.png (140.84 KiB) Viewed 1131 times

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Your support to kitesurfing innovations

Postby plummet » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:19 pm

I've been using the Jay XTC harness Since march last year, Its really good for foiling and wave riding. I added a low friction ring which made it smoooooooth. After a year and many sessions the rope has very little wear. As good as the harness is for foil and wave riding (particularly toeside) its fantastic when stupid powered. I've done multiple 30-40 knot sessions and some 40-50 knot sessions. The harness gives great support and does not give you the torso squeeze a soft shell harness gives in those conditions.

I say buy one.

SLiiCK
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Pembrey South Wales
Favorite Beaches: Exmouth
Pembrey
Fuerteventura
Cape Verde Ponta Preta
Hayle
Style: All
Gear: Naish/F One/Slingshot/Airush/Eclipse
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby SLiiCK » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:37 pm

plummet wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:19 pm
I've been using the Jay XTC harness Since march last year, Its really good for foiling and wave riding. I added a low friction ring which made it smoooooooth. After a year and many sessions the rope has very little wear. As good as the harness is for foil and wave riding (particularly toeside) its fantastic when stupid powered. I've done multiple 30-40 knot sessions and some 40-50 knot sessions. The harness gives great support and does not give you the torso squeeze a soft shell harness gives in those conditions.

I say buy one.
Same here had my one for over 4 years now excellent for wave riding and use it for TT and the landboard and not to mention foiling ,thats with the older style harness and sliding spreader, use my one with the pulley wheel and the rope lasts for ages. Time for me to upgrade to the new XTC flextech 2.0 if it’s anywhere as good as the last I shan’t be disappointed.Great designing and innovation on the spreader bar.

jaystore
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Rome
Brand Affiliation: JAY
Has thanked: 0

Postby jaystore » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:31 am

Thanks to everyone for the support, we will continue to innovate this sport :thumb:
We would like to remind the contribution we and some of our testers gave to kitesurfing, please watch the video.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:08 pm