Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

I draw a kitesurf comics...

forum for kitesurfers


bataleon
Rare Poster
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:32 pm
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Freeride
Gear: Liquid Force Solo 9 and 15,5
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: I draw a kitesurf comics...

Postby bataleon » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:21 am

tilmann wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:16 am
joriws wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:11 am
Tilman, would you establish your own topic and keep this one on OP's own comics.

No. Because it´s very important not to close the eyes concerning the reality: We are threatened by possible kite bans all over the world. This MUST be a topic in comics, too !
Just stop posting pictures in this thread Tilman, please! They are just dull and looks like crap.

nikolaj4ik
Rare Poster
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:52 am
Kiting since: 2012
Favorite Beaches: Boracay, Tarifa,
Style: oldschool
Gear: f-one
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: I draw a kitesurf comics...

Postby nikolaj4ik » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:02 am

TomW wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:49 pm
Hej OP, keep it up. You have really nice style, compositions.
Some constructive thought: you need some edge to your stories, a twist, or characterization that is somewhat lacking.
Thanks for comment and constructive tips. Appreciate!
Will keep in mind...

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2338
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:43 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Habo Ljung, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards 5-0
TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 135
Moses Fluente 548/550/590/330/325
North Mono 7, 9, 12
Ozone Reo 5
Ozone Hyperlink 9UL
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Sweden

Re: I draw a kitesurf comics...

Postby TomW » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:22 am

nikolaj4ik wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:02 am
TomW wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:49 pm
Hej OP, keep it up. You have really nice style, compositions.
Some constructive thought: you need some edge to your stories, a twist, or characterization that is somewhat lacking.
Thanks for comment and constructive tips. Appreciate!
Will keep in mind...
A few ideas for you: create some characters like: rasta kite instructor with party lifestyle( too much party), old bastard ( like me and many others) that think they are still 30 years old, the 15 year old kid who can learn any trick in about 5 minutes, bird watchers who hate all humanity except birdwatchers, beach / dog watchers and all their inane questions.
You've covered some already.
Can be a long list of twisted personalities....

User avatar
chemosavi
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1544
Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 12:07 pm
Kiting since: 2002
Style: If Ghengis Kan, I kan too!
Gear: Grass fed Carbon Fiber
Brand Affiliation: Peace in the Middle East
Location: NW Pacific

Re: I draw a kitesurf comics...

Postby chemosavi » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:30 pm

bataleon wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:21 am
tilmann wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:16 am
joriws wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:11 am
Tilman, would you establish your own topic and keep this one on OP's own comics.

No. Because it´s very important not to close the eyes concerning the reality: We are threatened by possible kite bans all over the world. This MUST be a topic in comics, too !
Just stop posting pictures in this thread Tilman, please! They are just dull and looks like crap.
..
Totally disagree. Quite the opposite, in fact. Variety makes the salad, not just the lettuce.
.
Tillman is actually an extremely skilled painter who is one the best I have ever seen, even though he would not like this description at all. Too modest. Likes to kite more.

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:03 am
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, LF, Nobile, North, Ozone
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: I draw a kitesurf comics...

Postby joriws » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:45 pm

I am not against Tilmann's art. I am against him *hijacking* the thread with shooting videos and some photo content.

That's why I suggested creating his own thread like "Tilmann's dark art". So Chemosavi could still follow Tilmann and rest of us could enjoy OP's comics.

It is simple as that. He'll find his subscribers..

User avatar
tilmann
Frequent Poster
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:02 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Kiel, Germany

Re: I draw a kitesurf comics...

Postby tilmann » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:50 pm

Ok., but the problem is: it lasts too long until Nick publishes his next comic. Boring ! So in the meantime we have to make his job.

Today safety-comic: Ugly girl scares a dangerous wave to protect the kiter from it. The wave gets afraid of the ugly girl and loses it´s power. So the kiter is safe.

Image

bataleon
Rare Poster
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:32 pm
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Freeride
Gear: Liquid Force Solo 9 and 15,5
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: I draw a kitesurf comics...

Postby bataleon » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:28 pm

joriws wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:45 pm
I am not against Tilmann's art. I am against him *hijacking* the thread with shooting videos and some photo content.

That's why I suggested creating his own thread like "Tilmann's dark art". So Chemosavi could still follow Tilmann and rest of us could enjoy OP's comics.

It is simple as that. He'll find his subscribers..
The only problem is that mr. Tilman and Chemoavi obviously like trolling more than showing respect for the OP.

User avatar
tilmann
Frequent Poster
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:02 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Kiel, Germany

Re: I draw a kitesurf comics...

Postby tilmann » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:27 pm

That´s not true.
By the way I find the eyes of the ugly girl are definitely a step in the right direction. Not as big as Nick´s yet - but I´m working on it :cool2:

H2Oaltitude
Rare Poster
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:09 pm
Kiting since: 2011
Style: freeride, waves and some foiling
Gear: whatever's on sale...
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: I draw a kitesurf comics...

Postby H2Oaltitude » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:02 pm

I find this very rude and offensive..... she is not ugly. I think I love her!?!?

mercakite
Rare Poster
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:03 pm
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Rpm 9 meters 2014
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: I draw a kitesurf comics...

Postby mercakite » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:21 pm

nikolaj4ik wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:51 am
Hey fellas
I draw kitesurf comics and want to share them with you... just to get motivation to continue this art
So I list here some of them.
Any comments and ideas are welcome :)

Image
Image
Image

If you like it. You can find more comics on my instagram account https://www.instagram.com/kitecomix/

Cheers
Nick
really good :)


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], slim_charles and 25 guests

cron