Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

What’s the best board you have ever tried?

forum for kitesurfers

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: West Sussex
Gear: this 'n that
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: What’s the best board you have ever tried?

Postby iriejohn » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:49 am

The best board I ever tried is what I have now. But if I ever try a better board then I'll replace what I have now with the better board.

kjorn
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kjorn » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:10 pm

Peter_Frank wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:58 pm

Still, just like the Wipika Airblast was a huge gamechanger in terms of speed and windrange and jumping ability and everything in 2001, the Wipika Olry was too IMO.

8) Peter
The airblast was the first kite that felt modern, you could ride it today. The Waroo 2 was the first bridled kite that felt 'right' ... we are spoilt today.

My fav board was the Naish Stubbie 115cm. Man, that thing was so much fun. Bit crap for jumping, but just so much fun to ride.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:21 pm

kjorn wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:10 pm
Peter_Frank wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:58 pm

Still, just like the Wipika Airblast was a huge gamechanger in terms of speed and windrange and jumping ability and everything in 2001, the Wipika Olry was too IMO.

8) Peter
The airblast was the first kite that felt modern, you could ride it today. The Waroo 2 was the first bridled kite that felt 'right' ... we are spoilt today.

My fav board was the Naish Stubbie 115cm. Man, that thing was so much fun. Bit crap for jumping, but just so much fun to ride.

So true - the Waroo was the very first bridled kite that really kicked ass bigtime, and was in full balance, it was a delight in every way :thumb:

Boards are more difficult, as a lot of personal liking...

I loved the small Brunotti Lord Of Hellfire when it came - you could ride with LOADS of power, and jump insanely high :naughty:

Completely opposite to the wide boards used today :wink:

8) Peter

D746
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: Freeride
Gear: Takoon

Postby D746 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:06 pm

Fanatic joyrider 118x38 bought it 2004, had a lot of boards since then but this is still my preferd one. Flat, and light, very fast and snappy because of the rounded outline. Found a survior in Denmark so now i have 2 :)

Return to “Kitesurfing”