Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Beastmount breakage, your opinions?

Postby Bill C » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:47 pm

flying doctor wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:50 am
Bill C wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:15 am
I had the same issue with the Beastmount V1. Ditched it for the U.Go linemount and now I sell them. I place it at various locations on my center lines...no problem. Check out https://www.ugokiteboardingwest.com/
Interesting product; is it flexible? Hard to tell from the video. Also: when inserting the rods aren't there any issues with sand?
In the video it says to "install the support 85 to 135cm from the vertex" so that is the official maximum from the split point?
The U.Go linemount is made from ABS plastic. It flexes at the base of the mount around I/2 centimeter.

Keep sand out of the channels by rinsing. I kite 98% of the time off a beach with blowing sand and I sanded the sides of the insert rods slightly so they compensate for the sand. Made it simple for me so I don't have to be so thorough.

I often install my linemount greater than 300cm beyond the split point. I use Ozone and Switch C4X bars with the low 'V'. I have kited with the linemount pushed way up where the center lines are pinched together. There's a point where its simpler to mount the camera on the kite because you are filming seascape anyway.

I have a lot of confidence in the 'arc' design. I've had other linemounts which will go unnamed that have protruding connection points at the top of the mount and get hung up on steering lines. I've had to vigorously shake steering lines in order to free them from the linemount. Not so with U.Go. Nothing like throwing your kite into a loop because a steering line is hung up on the linemount.

flying doctor
Medium Poster

Postby flying doctor » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:12 pm

Bill C wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:47 pm
flying doctor wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:50 am
Bill C wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:15 am
I had the same issue with the Beastmount V1. Ditched it for the U.Go linemount and now I sell them. I place it at various locations on my center lines...no problem. Check out https://www.ugokiteboardingwest.com/
Interesting product; is it flexible? Hard to tell from the video. Also: when inserting the rods aren't there any issues with sand?
In the video it says to "install the support 85 to 135cm from the vertex" so that is the official maximum from the split point?
The U.Go linemount is made from ABS plastic. It flexes at the base of the mount around I/2 centimeter.

Keep sand out of the channels by rinsing. I kite 98% of the time off a beach with blowing sand and I sanded the sides of the insert rods slightly so they compensate for the sand. Made it simple for me so I don't have to be so thorough.

I often install my linemount greater than 300cm beyond the split point. I use Ozone and Switch C4X bars with the low 'V'. I have kited with the linemount pushed way up where the center lines are pinched together. There's a point where its simpler to mount the camera on the kite because you are filming seascape anyway.

I have a lot of confidence in the 'arc' design. I've had other linemounts which will go unnamed that have protruding connection points at the top of the mount and get hung up on steering lines. I've had to vigorously shake steering lines in order to free them from the linemount. Not so with U.Go. Nothing like throwing your kite into a loop because a steering line is hung up on the linemount.
Thanks for the info Bill!
Found a retailer in Germany so one is coming my way...

dylan*
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Gear:

Postby dylan* » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:51 pm

What's the setup time like with the u.go? This is the biggest reason I very rarely use my camrig (besides the kitemares I've had with it), it just takes too long to detach all the rubber pieces and stick them back in, kind of a pain in the ass when the adrenaline is pumping and you just want to get on the water. Shame because it's such a good perspective.

Bill C
Medium Poster

Postby Bill C » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:53 pm

dylan* wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:51 pm
What's the setup time like with the u.go? This is the biggest reason I very rarely use my camrig (besides the kitemares I've had with it), it just takes too long to detach all the rubber pieces and stick them back in, kind of a pain in the ass when the adrenaline is pumping and you just want to get on the water. Shame because it's such a good perspective.
Watch this video. https://youtu.be/Cq2ly4uGdpQ

dylan*
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Gear:

Postby dylan* » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:46 am

Bill C wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:53 pm
dylan* wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:51 pm
Watch this video. https://youtu.be/Cq2ly4uGdpQ
Thanks for the link. That looks pretty quick assuming it's as easy as the animation shows.

Return to “Kitesurfing”