Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Who makes the best kite boards straps?

forum for kitesurfers

kitejunky1
Rare Poster

Who makes the best kite boards straps?

Postby kitejunky1 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:27 pm

I've been using lightwave lace up foot straps for years now.
And I love them I like how they hold your whole foot and you really feel like you're part of the board.
It's been years since I've even tried to find a different pair so I'm just wondering what everybody else is using out there.
I really want a pair with the same feel as light waves where it holds your whole foot and you can adjust it from top to bottom of your foot arch.
Thanks for your time reading this post and your opinion because it does matter to me.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Who makes the best kite boards straps?

Postby Peter_Frank » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:50 pm

Which type is that, a photo ?

For some reason googling does not show much on that name...
Too old maybe ?

For directionals, or twintips ?

Got nothing in common, so quite important :naughty:

8) Peter

andylc
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: Ozone Enduro V2 8m, 11m
Flysurfer Soul 12m
Lieuwe Shotgun 132

Postby andylc » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:14 pm

If we’re talking TT’s then having tried many my faves are North Entity. Adjustable from barefoot to thick boots and the latest version has a great closure system. Only downside is you either need a North board for them to fit, be lucky with screw spacings on another board, or get a custom board made to fit them.
Last edited by andylc on Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: North, Firewire, Loyd, Shinn, Exile

Postby Da Yoda » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:30 pm

kitejunky1 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:27 pm
I really want a pair with the same feel as light waves where it holds your whole foot and you can adjust it from top to bottom of your foot arch.
Thanks for your time reading this post and your opinion because it does matter to me.
There's not much out there like the LW Sandal bindings. Cabrinha used to have one called the Sync and their H2 also had a lot of foot coverage.
Moving forward, I'd recommend looking for bindings that have two independent straps (instep & toe) for full foot adjustment like the LWs. Here are some examples...
Naish Apex
North Entity
Slingshot Dually
Airush Element
Crazyfly Hexa

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17, Flite 12, Prodigy 9.5, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing, Mako 150
Brand Affiliation: XL Kites

Postby SENDIT! » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:37 pm

kitejunky1 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:27 pm
I've been using lightwave lace up foot straps for years now.
And I love them I like how they hold your whole foot and you really feel like you're part of the board.
It's been years since I've even tried to find a different pair so I'm just wondering what everybody else is using out there.
*Disclaimer-I sell these and lots of others...

I'm with you on the Litewave Sandal Bindings. I put them on just about every board that I own, regardless of brand. I sell mostly on the boards, but also just the stand alone bindings. You couldn't have put it any better than you did. They just grip your foot better than anything else that I've tried. I was just chatting with Litewave Dave yesterday and we were talking about those very bindings. I told him he's not allowed to stop making them b/c they're my favorite. :wink:

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: North, Firewire, Loyd, Shinn, Exile

Postby Da Yoda » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:24 am

Liquid Force may also have some good options for ya. They have a dual velcro strap binding and a lace-up binding. Their lace-up binding isn't as foot enveloping as the LW Sandal, but it offers similar adjustability.
LF Fusion X2
LF Solo (lace-up)

Hugh2
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Central Illinois
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras, Cape Town, Mokuleia
Style: allsorts
Gear: Best Cabo 6, Naish Pivot 7 and 9, Cabrinha Vector 12, Best Bularoo 16m
Long Ocean 136 and 140, Cyclone 150, Cape Doctor "hybrid", Fone Surf 5'11", Naish Global 6'0"

Postby Hugh2 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:25 am

I'd like to hear about straps for directional boards. The cheap DaKine ones I have are too stiff and uncomfortable. I picked up some used RRD ones in Cape Town that were soft and flexible, and broader at one end than the other, which allows them to be fitted such that they are most comfortable on ones favorite stance, but they were too used and started falling apart. I don't know what specific model they were. Any suggestions?

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby Peter_Frank » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:59 am

Hugh2 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:25 am
I'd like to hear about straps for directional boards. The cheap DaKine ones I have are too stiff and uncomfortable. I picked up some used RRD ones in Cape Town that were soft and flexible, and broader at one end than the other, which allows them to be fitted such that they are most comfortable on ones favorite stance, but they were too used and started falling apart. I don't know what specific model they were. Any suggestions?

Loads of experience and suggestions, and still trying straps ha haa :D

Maybe a new thread should be started first, as this was about TT straps/bindings I can understand now :roll:

8) PF

rynhardt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Leeupan
Favorite Beaches: Langebaan
Style: Freeride
Gear: GK vSonic 6 & 11
Cloud C2 17
Progeni Mutare
Xelerator door
Hoff DD140

Postby rynhardt » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:08 pm

Yeah we should get Toby to rename the "Kitesurfing" forum to "Non-hydrofoil", so that all the Hydrofoil stuff can go in its own forum :rollgrin:

dylan*
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Gear:

Postby dylan* » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:02 pm

I just got a set of 2016 Slingshot Duallys on my new board and really like how they are set up, super adjustable and easy to make the adjustments and lock them in place. The newer one looks even nicer as far as the shape goes.

Return to “Kitesurfing”