Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Piq, Xensr or Woo?

Postby maffhieu » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:12 pm

CaliRider wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:26 am
maffhieu wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:52 am

I'm actually on my 6th Woo 1.0
The last one is going strong for 1+year now... I have to admit everytime one of my woo died i was bumped but they kept replacing them for free even after the one year warranty

The actual device cost around 10$, when you buy a Woo you are actually buying the app. Developping software and updating it, is the expensive part...
6!?!?! what da heck dude! ?
their units cost way more than $10 form this amazing dude at intel. Said their units are like $70 bucks because someone else makes them for them and they don't even own the jump math thingy. algorithmems or something .. well, they don't know how their shit works he said. hmmm, ok, so you all now i suck at math but 6 times 70 is 420. Thats a lot more than 200 you paid for it. yeah, as my dad would says, "hell of a business model you got there!!)
the new woozy 3 does watch stuff. why cant the 2 or the 1 do it? i bet it can but those dudes anoint making nay money do you gotta buy the 3 if you want to see the datas.
my app is free and i bt they're making more moneys than woozies. hahahaha.

Hey man, we get it, you don't like Woo and WooSport :D

Save it... :D

ShaveTheWhales
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Gear: Naish, Epic, F-one, Shinn
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well and fun to fly

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:05 pm

If they can make it reliable and as waterproof as my $8 watch - then yeah I might buy the toy again..

But as I've said before - don't be blowing smoke up someones butt, if it wont last the same as equivalent priced watch at the least.

Here's a free hint at improving reliability, the Rocket scientists should have just asked their misses..

https://m.alibaba.com/product/607675288 ... p_showroom

CaliRider
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: 3rd Ave, Cotote Pt., Crissy
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach Maui
Gear: Slingshot for all!

Postby CaliRider » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:50 pm

maffhieu wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:12 pm

Hey man, we get it, you don't like Woo and WooSport :D

Save it... :D

i think its silly to buy something for $250 just for jumps measurements. i live in nerd valley and al the nerdlings i talk to think those devices are yesterdays news and apple and others are the future. it might have been state of the art a few years ago but now there are apps that do jumps and gps and speed and calories.but hey its your money baby! :thumb:

deniska
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: Ozone, Core

Postby deniska » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:47 pm

CaliRider wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:50 pm

i think its silly to buy something for $250 just for jumps measurements. i live in nerd valley and al the nerdlings i talk to think those devices are yesterdays news and apple and others are the future. it might have been state of the art a few years ago but now there are apps that do jumps and gps and speed and calories.but hey its your money baby! :thumb:
"Silly" says the dude who paid 300+ bucks for an electronic watch that can't compete with most 10 dollar watches in:
- water resistance (100m vs "don't get me too wet, please")
- battery life (years on one charge vs plug me in daily)
Has shitty resale value (basically 0 after 2 years).. not that it matters for the 10$ watch but you have to be a sucker to get the apple one ;-)
Now you mentioned GPS, height and calories..
If you run GPS for an hour it will drain your watch' battery dead..
The calories - did you set up your weight, body fat, etc? I mean they just slap some stupid number that no one can verify..
Same with height - I just don't see how it can have same precision as the on board sensors.. I hope someone can do a comparison test - put 2 watches on different wrists and run the numbers...
And also the same or better hardware has been available in smart phones for years.. so how come no one bothered to port it to iphone or Galaxy?
think about it..

About 2500 people used woo last month (per their leader board stats) and probably about the same for all other 3 trackers..
so we have a lot of silly people in kite community..
Looking at other threads, people gladly pay $40-50 for a piece of plastic that attaches gopro to the lines... Well I can make that mount in 10 minutes with a wire hanger and some tape and it will work EXACTLY the same.. Whether or not your shiny apple toy can replace on-board trackers still remains to be seen.. Would be nice if it could!
Also funny that I don't see kiterocky bashing the watch with "TOY!TOY!TOY!" posts..
I guess he only trolls the third party trackers :-D

kiterocky
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: Wipika
Brand Affiliation: Wipika

Postby kiterocky » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:13 pm

Until u verify the accuracy they all TOY....iwatch woo xser piq ecc ecc..they are all TOYS...just becouse u have 2 3 4 woo iwach ecc on the same board with same mesure (Never the same mesure by the way😀😀)..still a toy and hope the producer will use external sistem to prove the reality of their mesure...until that moment is a simple expensive toy...free to buy and belive ..its a free world..
Sorry i dont read forum all the time to answe but i have to do better things...😁😁

CaliRider
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: 3rd Ave, Cotote Pt., Crissy
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach Maui
Gear: Slingshot for all!

Postby CaliRider » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:01 pm

deniska wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:47 pm

"Silly" says the dude who paid 300+ bucks for an electronic watch that can't compete with most 10 dollar watches in:
- water resistance (100m vs "don't get me too wet, please")
- battery life (years on one charge vs plug me in daily)
Has shitty resale value (basically 0 after 2 years).. not that it matters for the 10$ watch but you have to be a sucker to get the apple one ;-)
Now you mentioned GPS, height and calories..
If you run GPS for an hour it will drain your watch' battery dead..
The calories - did you set up your weight, body fat, etc? I mean they just slap some stupid number that no one can verify..
Same with height - I just don't see how it can have same precision as the on board sensors.. I hope someone can do a comparison test - put 2 watches on different wrists and run the numbers...
And also the same or better hardware has been available in smart phones for years.. so how come no one bothered to port it to iphone or Galaxy?
think about it..

About 2500 people used woo last month (per their leader board stats) and probably about the same for all other 3 trackers..
so we have a lot of silly people in kite community..
Looking at other threads, people gladly pay $40-50 for a piece of plastic that attaches gopro to the lines... Well I can make that mount in 10 minutes with a wire hanger and some tape and it will work EXACTLY the same.. Whether or not your shiny apple toy can replace on-board trackers still remains to be seen.. Would be nice if it could!
Also funny that I don't see kiterocky bashing the watch with "TOY!TOY!TOY!" posts..
I guess he only trolls the third party trackers :-D
hahahaha, i use my watch every day. e v e r y d a y . wish i could kite every day but da wind says no mon. no kite for you and your woo collects dust. hahahahaha love that. dusty woos. obviously i must have a bionic watch as i can kite for hours and my watch is still working and stays working the whole day afterwards. someone said 5 hours with gps but hey, what do i know. it just works even though you said it doesnt. its ok man. i wear it kiting surfing in the shower hot tubbing with the ladies and it still works. but i don't wear it to bed. even cowboys take off their hat when in the bed with a beautify lady. no notifications when snuggling. hahaha but really man, i understand your angry. let it out. let it go. breathe. do some yoga. oh, and theres an app for that for the iwatch :jump:

2500 people use woo?! wow. heck of a market. man thats amazing. hahahahaha. has anyone verified the jump numbers from a woo? nope. didn't someone do a test with two woos on a board and they didn't even agree!? hahahahaha what a joke, someone said the error was like plus or minus a meter, and since my arm is less than a meter from my board, then the number is about the same. don't care anyways, i get more data. how fast does your woo tell you your going? how far did you kite? hows that gps map? What locations are your best jumps at? how long was that downwinder? where did i see that shark? what location did you even kite at? did you switch modes and track your waves? or switch apps and track your snowboarding, listen to music, answer a phone call, get a text message, get a wind report, shazam a song you hear, wake up alarm, calendar thingy, weather alerts, check your heart rate, maps, call an uber, pay for your beer, and on and on and on and on and on. Woo can't even tell you the time!hahahahaha 'your jump was 10 minutes into your session'. wtf that thing is stupid for $250. you can put anything in the woo app you want. it has no idea. you can jump on land with a slingshot or just throw the thing in the air and woo has no idea. ripe for fakery. hahaha, i should borrow one of the guys woos and get on the leaderboards while on land drinking a beer. woo app has no idea. dang i should have done that when they were giving monies away in those contests! more beer money!!! hahahahahaha. really. thats a good idea.

why didn't anyone make an app for a phone that does this? do you want to bring your phone with you on the water?!? hahahahaha dude you are killing me with this stuff, besides, i think someone did years ago and it failed. i bet it was because no way in heckers is anyone going to kite with their phone. think about it.
to each his own man. but really, you need some yoga.

Pemba
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Ozone C4, Brokite Hybrid

Postby Pemba » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:50 am

They're al toys no ? Woo's, smartphones (to most people anyway), even kites - all used mostly because it's fun. So what ? Why try to convince people that they are or aren't or that they are paying to much ?

kiterocky
Frequent Poster

Postby kiterocky » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:22 am

ciò-è-un-telefono-di-plastica-39171315.jpg
this phone is a toy...not smartphone..kite is not a toy..paraglider is not a toy be clear..this sports can kill u ..the woo iwatch xnsr ecc are toys becouse the producer cant demostrate the accuracy of mesure..and people play with them even if work with approximately ..thats why is toy..if u can have a real Nasa altimeter than its not a toy😁 and i ll will not say nothing on the height of your jump..😊😊

Sun
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Tybee Island
Favorite Beaches: Cape Town
Gear: 15m Chrono V2
12m Hyperlink
12m TS V5, 9m TS V6, 7m TS V6
10m Roca V2
6m Alana (2016)
CF Bulldozer
Nobile XTR
Nobile Zen Split Foil
Zeeko Spitfire, Normal & XLW

Postby Sun » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:44 pm

Pemba wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:50 am
They're al toys no ? Woo's, smartphones (to most people anyway), even kites - all used mostly because it's fun. So what ? Why try to convince people that they are or aren't or that they are paying to much ?
Feels like you and I are the only sane ones here. All my kitesurfing gear I consider to be toys. And it is all for the purpose of having fun. High five to you good sir.

kiterocky
Frequent Poster

Postby kiterocky » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:48 pm

Than all u have in your life is toys,? ? Just becouse they give u fun..?? Kite Car guns house and woman...😁😁 ok u 2 are the only sane...😀😀😊

Return to “Kitesurfing”