forum for kitesurfers
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 5880
- Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:49 am
- Local Beach: Sabae Beach
- Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
- Gear: This, that, the other
Has anyone tried the Mystic Strappies on a waist harness?
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 138
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:20 pm
- Kiting since: 2016
- Local Beach: Ngati Toa, Plimmerton, Titahi Bay, Waikanae, Petone, Seatoun, Lyall Bay, Eastbourne, Lake Wairarapa
- Style: Wave, jump
- Gear: Old Flexfoil 9, Switch Element V4 11m, Ocean Rodeo Prodigy 7m 2014, Nitro14m v6, Nitro9m v6 12mSwitch Legacy2
DIY CAD ultra-concave wave twintips 1500 and 130mm with my own fin designs. Easy upwind, awesome carving.
I used to use a waist harness for wind surfing and even then it would ride up and annoy me. I used it kiting until I got a rib injury from it...RIDING UP and scrunching my ribs through cartilage. So then I got a second hand mystic seat harness. Worked OK for a few sessions until the stitching came undone and my kite did a jump with my harness but I didn't. Fixed it with a "Speedy Stitcher" and was as good as new again. I wanted a sliding harness though and as no one was stocking sliding bars in New Zealand I cut and smoothed the hook off my old wind surfing waist harness and fit a slider rope between the flat belt eyes. I cut two straps off an old kite bag and made it into a waist harness and that's what I've been using the last few months. Took a session to get used to it and now wouldn't want to go back. I use a snap shackle but you can use a slider ring like Ronstan make fitted over the rope and hook your chicken loop around it or buy similar products like is advertised on these sorts of forums.
both my board and the bar slider make a big difference to how I can ride waves. If you use one of those slippy waist harnesses and have a skinny torso and ride only waves under powered on floaty boards, then a waist harness is cool. For handling over power though, I wouldn't touch a waist harness now.
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 724
- Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:20 pm
- Kiting since: 2005
- Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
- Gear: Firewire/Tomo Surfboards
- Brand Affiliation: iKitesurf
- Location: Western USA
Here's another one to add to the list. RRD has introduced a new carbon harness for 2018 called the Shield.
http://www.robertoriccidesigns.com/equi ... esses-y23/
Return to “Kitesurfing”