Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Core Nexus and Nexus LW

Postby Toby » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:50 pm

Core News:

Core Nexus and Nexus LW

core 1.png
core 1.png (403.25 KiB) Viewed 9251 times

CORE’s multi-talented, Universal+ Series kite with fully customizable handling is in stores now!
WAVE+ | FREESTYLE | FREERIDE

https://vimeo.com/262954231

https://vimeo.com/262954231

All new. All encompassing. Every bit a CORE.

core 2.jpg
core 2.jpg (30.58 KiB) Viewed 9251 times

Fly CORE’s newest wave-freestyle fun machine, and you’ll find out why we are so excited about our Nexus and Nexus LW. Ride one in waves, and you’ll love its linear depower and confidence inspiring turns in tricky troughs. Or try one at the lagoon and you’ll notice the kite’s power, stability and ease of use as you paint the sky with your favorite twintip. Nexus with CIT: It’s like having two kites in one.

https://vimeo.com/262953454

https://vimeo.com/262953454

https://vimeo.com/262953866

https://vimeo.com/262953866

Drifts like the Section. Loops like the GTS.

core 3.jpg
core 3.jpg (27.25 KiB) Viewed 9251 times

Our latest design is a product of the phenomenal Section, the indomitable GTS, and fourteen years of intensive kite development. It inherits many of CORE’s best innovations including its three-strut frame, Radical Reaction Tips, and famous linear power from the GTS. It also acquires its top-notch handling, huge wind range, and surf profile from our dedicated wave kite, the Section. The Nexus is CORE's new Universal+ Series kite between the hugely popular XR5 freerider and the megaloop champ GTS.

CIT Modes: Our secret sauce.

core 4.jpg
core 4.jpg (29.42 KiB) Viewed 9251 times

CIT is our fancy acronym behind the Nexus’ adjustable handling modes. It lets you finetune the Nexus’s power and turn radius. The wave mode makes the kite turn faster, and increases depower so it doesn’t pull you off your strapless board. The freestyle mode increases your turn radius, stabilizes the kite for easier freestyle moves, and adds extra grunt. The kite comes out of the bag in allround mode which balances the two settings and is perfect for newer kiters or anyone who prefers a more relaxed riding style.

A bright future for our Future-C shape.

One reason why everyone loves our Section and GTS kites are the canopies’ unique shape. Our engineers have lots of experience squeezing every bit of performance out of our Future-C shape to bring super fast, and now, fully adjustable handling to the Nexus. Adding a Surf Profile (modified wing camber) from the Section further improves drift and stability. You could say we are dang excited about our new Nexus.

Calm power.

core 5.jpg
core 5.jpg (81.25 KiB) Viewed 9251 times

The brand with the widest selection of lightwind kites also releases the Nexus LW edition for those sunny mid-afternoon breezes. Its three strut, CoreTex Light construction, and fully customizable handling will have you grinning sillily in marginal conditions. Yes, it’s possible to make lines on your favorite break while others watch. And yes, it’s possible to practice new tricks on the Nexus LW in less than perfect conditions. So, get out there and go for a rip.

Find out more about our brand new Nexus LW here: https://corekites.com/us/kites/nexus-lw

Key Features

CIT Modes / Wave-Allround-Freestyle
Fully adjustable kite handling characteristics

3 Strut Frame
Super light yet amazingly rigid and durable

Future-C Shape
True C-kite feel. For snappy turns with a controlled and consistent pull

Radical Reaction Tips
C-style shaped wingtips for faster bar response

CORE ExoTex
Zero stretch airframes

CoreTex Triple Ripstop
Extreme durability and UV protection

Surf Profile
Modified camber for improved drifting and balance

Sizes

4.0 | 5.0 | 6.0 | 7.0 | 8.0 | 9.0 | 10.0 | 11.0 | 12.0 | 13.5 | LW 15.0 | LW 17.0

Find out more about our brand new Nexus here: https://corekites.com/us/kites/nexus

Available now!
If you'd like to test the new Nexus / Nexus LW please contact marketing@corekites.com.

Wishing you a long and windy season!

Burn45
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Baie de Beauport
Favorite Beaches: Îles de la Madeleine, Québec, Canada
Cape Hatteras, USA
Naish beach, Maui, USA
Cabarete, DR
Style: Freeride freestyle wave
Gear: North Neo 5-7-9-11
North Mono 15
North Speedster
North X-ride
North Pro Whip CSC , Wam and Nugget
Slingshot T-Rex
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Core Nexus and Nexus LW

Postby Burn45 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:21 pm

The shape really looks like a North Neo... which I like very much. It could be interesting to compare these two kites.
Has anyone ever did?

Bruno

CaptainCore
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Seabrook Kent
Favorite Beaches: Nyali - Kenya
Style: Old School
Gear: Core Nexus. Fusion 4, Moses
Brand Affiliation: Gods own Core.

Postby CaptainCore » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:13 pm

First review here

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Postby Da Yoda » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:25 pm

Burn45 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:21 pm
The shape really looks like a North Neo... which I like very much. It could be interesting to compare these two kites.
To me it looks like it's in between a Dice and a Neo. Marketing-wise it's going up against the Dice. It also looks a lot like the new RRD Religion MK8.
Luckily we got some Core riders locally, so maybe I can try this new Nexus kite out.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Faxie » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:35 pm

White and black are nice colours to dump in the waves...

Burn45
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Baie de Beauport
Favorite Beaches: Îles de la Madeleine, Québec, Canada
Cape Hatteras, USA
Naish beach, Maui, USA
Cabarete, DR
Style: Freeride freestyle wave
Gear: North Neo 5-7-9-11
North Mono 15
North Speedster
North X-ride
North Pro Whip CSC , Wam and Nugget
Slingshot T-Rex

Postby Burn45 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:38 am

Da Yoda wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:25 pm
Burn45 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:21 pm
To me it looks like it's in between a Dice and a Neo. Marketing-wise it's going up against the Dice. It also looks a lot like the new RRD Religion MK8.
Luckily we got some Core riders locally, so maybe I can try this new Nexus kite out.
I agree. Having a second look, it looks more high aspect ratio than the Neo. The pull must be less than the Neo... but testers will tell...
Chears!!

SaltWaterDog
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Copenhagen, most of Denmark and northern Germany.
Style: Biting off more than I can usually chew.
Gear: XR5, Fusion 3.

Postby SaltWaterDog » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:21 pm

Does anyone know if the Free is being phased out? It’s no longer listed as part of the kite selection but is still available for purchase. Guessing they’re trying to clear out what they’ve got left of Free stock..

CaptainCore
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Seabrook Kent
Favorite Beaches: Nyali - Kenya
Style: Old School
Gear: Core Nexus. Fusion 4, Moses
Brand Affiliation: Gods own Core.

Postby CaptainCore » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:01 am

Yes the Free will be phased out although a few of us here in the UK would like it to continue in its role as an entry level school/package type kite. Although the new Nexus is not a difficult kite, indeed it could be considered flattering, it's still needs a degree of skill to get the best from it, it is what they say it is, a Freestyle Wave kite, with some bonus features that make foiling and free riding more pleasant and exciting.

We are however still selling Free kites to folk earlier in their learning curves.

JustAGirl
Medium Poster
Gear: The British Armada

Postby JustAGirl » Thu May 03, 2018 10:32 pm

CaptainCore wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:01 am
Yes the Free will be phased out although a few of us here in the UK would like it to continue in its role as an entry level school/package type kite. Although the new Nexus is not a difficult kite, indeed it could be considered flattering, it's still needs a degree of skill to get the best from it, it is what they say it is, a Freestyle Wave kite, with some bonus features that make foiling and free riding more pleasant and exciting.

We are however still selling Free kites to folk earlier in their learning curves.
From what I see the main difference betw the Free & the Nexus is the latter is Future-C with a bigger front tube. Not sure how that makes the Free more beginner-friendly — still a capable Allrounder ! — but it does make the Nexus more radical. The Free is still a great choice for advanced riders. Sad it’s been discontinued, but Core is known for extreme hardcore material, so the Free didn’t fit the profile. I loved it! Oh well, tough world 😔

SaltWaterDog
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Copenhagen, most of Denmark and northern Germany.
Style: Biting off more than I can usually chew.
Gear: XR5, Fusion 3.

Postby SaltWaterDog » Fri May 04, 2018 12:11 am

JustAGirl wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 10:32 pm
CaptainCore wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:01 am

From what I see the main difference betw the Free & the Nexus is the latter is Future-C with a bigger front tube. Not sure how that makes the Free more beginner-friendly — still a capable Allrounder ! — but it does make the Nexus more radical. The Free is still a great choice for advanced riders. Sad it’s been discontinued, but Core is known for extreme hardcore material, so the Free didn’t fit the profile. I loved it! Oh well, tough world 😔
Free is a great beginner kite but I can see why they might drop it. Very stabile and you always know where it is but there’s a lot of overlap with the XR and it can’t beat the Section for wave riding. I may be way off but I don’t know many who want a freeride/wave kite but the Nexus looks interesting as a replacement. Definelty caters to a different segment. I’ve always used the XR and I think it’s just as good of a beginner option as the Free and great for progression into hooked-in and jumps later on. Really good at the top end as well so it sits big in that Freeride/Freestyle segment.

CaptainCore sounds like he has insider knowledge. Maybe he can fill in the blanks??? Thanks for the info by the way!

Return to “Kitesurfing”