Medium Poster
Local Beach: Calshot
Favorite Beaches: Le Morne, Mauritius
Silver Sands Barbados
Nyali Kenya
Dougs the Gorge
Style: Lawn Mowing
Gear: North
Brand Affiliation: North, Maybe Core next...

Re: Core Nexus and Nexus LW

Postby PinkNorthPride » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:09 pm

jumptheshark wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:49 pm
Ahhh, a few years earlier was it?

Oh yeah, in those years, the bandit was 5 strut and the RPM 3.

Your super full of shit. Those two kites have never even remotely resembled one another. Even the basic planform is remarkably different to even the untrained eye.

As different as any two LEI's can be, but yeah, back to the comments at hand !
I'll just leave you to go find this report from Kite boarder on the Bandit 4 which was the sea change model.in the 2010 for 2011 model year.

THE KITEBOARDER REPORT:

Out of the Box: The F-One Bandit, the original Delta kite, is now in its fourth generation and it has undergone a major redesign for 2011. It is now a three-strut one pump kite with square wingtips. Which lead all their reps to go round saying how much it was now like the RPM bullshit that may have been but that's what happened. Just like our friend at the start of all this saying the Nexus was a copy of their latest copy of whatever they thought was hot last go round, something North like if you ask me.

You can leave your grovelling apology in the box below marked silly billy then you can go back to humping sharks or whatever it is that gets you off, it certainly isn't kite model history.

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jumptheshark » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:24 am

You forgot a key line

THE KITEBOARDER REPORT:

2011 Bandit 4

"Despite the changes, the Bandit retains its Delta shape. Once inflated, you can see that the leading edge comes to a subtle point in the middle."

The RPM is pretty much the quintessential opposite of a delta kite.

The pics speak for themselves, but more importantly, ANYONE who as EVER flown both will tell you they are completely different in almost every aspect of how they feel. The fact you can't get that right, outs you as nothing but a bullshit artist.

Windwarrior
Rare Poster

Postby Windwarrior » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:12 am

Can´t you two guys just p.ss off and fight somewhere else?

This is about the Nexus and if you actually would try it, you will notice it has very little in common with a Bandit or an RPM.

Bossstyle
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Portland
Style: Freeride
Gear: F-one bandit 11m 2018
F-one bandit 9m 2018
F-one Mitu pro surf board
Flyradical 5 twin tip
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Bossstyle » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:05 pm

Slingshot seem to have died a death down here. Once very popular when I started 10 years back until heir top rider left. Don’t see many now. Bandit still an awesome kite and has gotten really popular here. North/duo tone gave it kudos in their own history book and hence birth of the dice and similar copy.
Not much in the nexus anywhere on the net other than here. I’m thinking of switching to core for a year to try them from bandit just not sure on model. Probably gts if that is the better more advanced model?

CaptainCore
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Seabrook Kent
Favorite Beaches: Nyali - Kenya
Style: Old School
Gear: Core Nexus. Fusion 4, Moses
Brand Affiliation: Gods own Core.

Postby CaptainCore » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:36 pm

Bossstyle wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:05 pm
Slingshot seem to have died a death down here. Once very popular when I started 10 years back until heir top rider left. Don’t see many now. Bandit still an awesome kite and has gotten really popular here. North/duo tone gave it kudos in their own history book and hence birth of the dice and similar copy.
Not much in the nexus anywhere on the net other than here. I’m thinking of switching to core for a year to try them from bandit just not sure on model. Probably gts if that is the better more advanced model?
Seriously I'd try and give both a go, it's a big jump from a Bandit to a GTS5, it's a big enough jump to a Nexus which is about where the GTS3/4 were in terms of performance. The GTS5 is a very aggresive kite lots of power in loops, too much for some, if you're not on the water 24/7. Give the Nexus a go, it really is a super kite for folks with a job.

Return to “Kitesurfing”