JustAGirl
Medium Poster
Gear: The British Armada
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Core Nexus and Nexus LW

Postby JustAGirl » Fri May 04, 2018 9:30 am

The XR isn’t a beginner kite either, it’s just a pure hangtime kite, so it’s more stable, but loop it 100 times & you‘ll bust a tube. It’s built for insane hangtime, not for loops! The GTS on the other hand you can loop 1000 times & it will stay intact. No Core kite is beginner friendly, they are very precise & powerful for their specified discipline. It’s what I love about Core, every kite is new & does something new, explores new territory. Captain Core isn’t an insider, just a reluctant dealer who doesn’t understand Core products very well... he lacks the passion... maybe bc he doesn’t speak German... kidding ... sometimes I feel I speak an alien language here... so many misunderstandings

I liked the free bc it was temperate, light, take it to the wave, take it for 1000 loops it just goes with the flow. The Nexus covers an even greater range & is supposed to push your game. Will see!

SaltWaterDog
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Copenhagen, most of Denmark and northern Germany.
Style: Biting off more than I can usually chew.
Gear: XR5, Fusion 3.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby SaltWaterDog » Fri May 04, 2018 10:38 am

I think you take the “performance” thing a bit too literally. Core’s quality is top but this “it’s only for the hardcore/pro/“true riders” crowd!” that I hear from some fanatics is nonsense. Like all brands Core caters to different riders but with the right approach and patience you could learn on the XR, GTS and Section no problem. Just like you could learn on the RPM, FX, EVO, Rebel etc. Its just a steeper learning curve and beginners (if they’ve discovered a passion for kiting) should plan their quiver so they can progress on a kite that doesn’t just cater to beginners.

I learned on the XR and it’s the only kite I’ve ever had in my quiver. And I get to try lots of different kits on a regular basis. It’s not at all a problem for a beginner to learn on the XR and in a few years my son will be learning on the older XR4’s that I have sitting in the basement.

Agree to disagree I guess.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Fri May 04, 2018 2:47 pm

SaltWaterDog wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 12:11 am
CaptainCore sounds like he has insider knowledge. Maybe he can fill in the blanks??? Thanks for the info by the way!
CaptainCore

hth

CaptainCore
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Seabrook Kent
Favorite Beaches: Nyali - Kenya
Style: Old School
Gear: Core Nexus. Fusion 4, Moses
Brand Affiliation: Gods own Core.

Postby CaptainCore » Fri May 04, 2018 7:56 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 2:47 pm
SaltWaterDog wrote:
CaptainCore sounds like he has insider knowledge. Maybe he can fill in the blanks??? Thanks for the info by the way!
CaptainCore

hth
Actually CaptainCore does have a degree of insider knowledge, better than that Captain Core has insider knowledge of Slingshot, North and Naish even, dating back to 1999 if you want..

As to the Free, we think it's a great kite, sadly our US cousins in the shape of REAL, slated it in one of their reviews, now wether this was a 'sacrificial' slating in order to make their other reviews look good, or not, we don't know, they said it doesn't jump, but there's a school/shop in Scotland owner that boosts like you've not seen so that's BS.

So, whatever, it's done, no use crying over spilt milk, the Nexus is the new game in town and so it is, and genuinely it is more versatile than the Free, has a wider range of appeal and already we've sold more on the outset than ever we did with the Free when it launched. No one that's tried it has gone ugh don't like that. It hasn't stopped sales of the XR5, they are still strong, it also is a super easy rip you off the water and send you skywards wether you know how to jump or not free ride weapon that is as forgiving as it boosts. Everyone who goes up loves the fact they feel super safe when they're up there and come down real slow...

All Core kites are easy, if you've had a history of selling raw brute Slingshot stuff (Rally excepting) you can't help but appreciate the silky smooth finesse of Core, think US muscle cars v German Porsche, Audi & Merc power refinement. There is no contest, once you fly them, you can't help but love them...

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Fri May 04, 2018 9:23 pm

CaptainCore wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 7:56 pm
iriejohn wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 2:47 pm
SaltWaterDog wrote:
CaptainCore

hth
Actually CaptainCore does have a degree of insider knowledge, better than that Captain Core has insider knowledge of Slingshot, North and Naish even, dating back to 1999 if you want..

As to the Free, we think it's a great kite, sadly our US cousins in the shape of REAL, slated it in one of their reviews, now wether this was a 'sacrificial' slating in order to make their other reviews look good, or not, we don't know, they said it doesn't jump, but there's a school/shop in Scotland owner that boosts like you've not seen so that's BS.

So, whatever, it's done, no use crying over spilt milk, the Nexus is the new game in town and so it is, and genuinely it is more versatile than the Free, has a wider range of appeal and already we've sold more on the outset than ever we did with the Free when it launched. No one that's tried it has gone ugh don't like that. It hasn't stopped sales of the XR5, they are still strong, it also is a super easy rip you off the water and send you skywards wether you know how to jump or not free ride weapon that is as forgiving as it boosts. Everyone who goes up loves the fact they feel super safe when they're up there and come down real slow...

All Core kites are easy, if you've had a history of selling raw brute Slingshot stuff (Rally excepting) you can't help but appreciate the silky smooth finesse of Core, think US muscle cars v German Porsche, Audi & Merc power refinement. There is no contest, once you fly them, you can't help but love them...
Ah yes, Audi and Mercedes-Benz. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep digging! :thumb:

CaptainCore
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Seabrook Kent
Favorite Beaches: Nyali - Kenya
Style: Old School
Gear: Core Nexus. Fusion 4, Moses
Brand Affiliation: Gods own Core.

Postby CaptainCore » Fri May 04, 2018 9:37 pm

Got to love sad fanboys of some lass ass brand or other following every post about Core and being pathetic, probably never having flown one even.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Fri May 04, 2018 9:50 pm

CaptainCore wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 9:37 pm
Got to love sad fanboys of some lass ass brand or other following every post about Core and being pathetic, never having flown one even.
Meh

daspi
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Lynn - Nahant Long Beach, Revere Beach, Dog Beach
Favorite Beaches: The beach I can get to within 10-15 minutes
Gear: Neo 9/7m, Eleveight FS 12m, 9m and Core XR5 7m, Core Section 8,10,12m
and lots of other junk kites in the shed
Cabrinha Custom, Duotone Jamie Textreme
Surfboards: F-ONE Mitu 5'6", Tomo Vader, Kiteloose Nirvana, Cabrinha Skillit
Foil: F-ONE Pocket with Cloud 9 mast and wing

Postby daspi » Fri May 11, 2018 5:34 pm

No reviews yet? I know there are demos around the US now but I did not have a chance to fly one. Happy with my XR5's but in my largest size (12m) I would be glad to entertain a quicker more agile kite. I could do with a little less grunt. At 165lbs the 12m is lately my light wind kite. Wonder how much low end I would loose XR5 vs Nexus. How much jumping potential I would give up.... etc. Anyone some insight yet?

jorg
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Toronto, ON
Style: Big Air
Gear: Ten Velox, XR, Ozone Edge

Postby jorg » Fri May 11, 2018 9:18 pm

he uses it w standard bar on 20m lines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haLTRuVcilo

eenzwemvijver
Rare Poster
Weight: 80
Local Beach: Oesterdam - The Netherlands
Favorite Beaches: El Gouna - Egypt
Kappalady lagoon - Sri Lanka
Mauritius - le Morne
Style: old school
Gear: North Orbit 12 m2 2023
Core XR7. 9 and 7 m2

DSD intel stallion 5,2
Boardschmiede 135 x 40 , Duotone Jaime textreme 133 x 40 , S6 Boards 134 x 40
Groove foil board and Fab foil

Postby eenzwemvijver » Sat May 12, 2018 10:18 am

Had the chance to test a nexus 13,5 two days ago and i never did ride a core kite ( except once in Italy a XR4 15 m witch i did not like )
I am riding a 12 m north evo 2018 and 11 , 9 and 8 m2 2018 Rebel for the moment .
In Brouwersdam last sunday there was a core testday but no wind .
Not enough for my 12 m so ask to try the 13,5 m nexus .
I rode for 1 hour in wind between 13 til 19 knots ( i was lucky the wind just picked up ) and was really impressed by this kite .
It was fast ( maybe even faster than my 12 Evo ) and stable , it jumpt wel ( not like the rebel haha ) , a lot off feeling and control in this kite .
I was able to do everything right on the first try ( dark slide backroll , double backroll ,frontrol , kite loop enz... ) and it felt like i was riding this kite for years !
I sold my 14 m kite because not fun enough but this kite make's me consider to try the nexus 15m as a fun to ride light wind kite .
I think core has got a winner with this nexus for sure .

Return to “Kitesurfing”