Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: Switch Lineup

Postby Bletti » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:52 am

Kykeon wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:18 pm
Bletti wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:59 pm
I'm not a kite designer so I don't know exactly how flattening it out would affect turning amongst all the variables they've changed, but I think you get a more efficient kite for a given weight and potentially more power with less wasted fabric. BRM Clouds are flatter than most kites and they turn well, drift amazing, and are more powerful per area (1-2m greater power).
I agree with everything except that clouds are flat.
(haven't seen one live and I may be wrong)
This is the 8.0 Cloud and it looks flatter to me than most surf kites.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1524297009381.jpg

felixp
Frequent Poster
Gear: Switch
Brand Affiliation: Switch, Firewire
Has thanked: 0

Postby felixp » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:49 am

Having fun on mine.
Drift and lightness = fun for multiple disciplines.
Attachments
G0018524.jpg
DJI_0193 (1).jpg

topmick
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sunshine Coast
Favorite Beaches: Cotton Tree
Style: surf
Gear: Switch
FireWire

Postby topmick » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:12 am

Hey Felix, can you please explain what differences I may find between the H3 & E5 in the waves please.
Drift
Power
Bar pressure
Turning speed

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Oldschool
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: Make Kiting Great Again!

Postby marlboroughman » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:17 am

Element 6 is a mistake and it messed up the whole line up.
Basically it is a neutered Nitro, but it is not Element, but it retains it's name.... Basically you are saying the previous line up was wrong. Something was wrong with Nitro and Element5?
Who told you that?
I would prefer for the Element 5 to be more like 2015 Catalyst - lighter, smoother, juicier, jumpier but it was close enough and it worked in onshore.
You wanted something more exciting then Element5 and more accessible then Nitro for beginners - OK add it to the line up and find the name for it. But this is a mess.

GTC
Frequent Poster

Postby GTC » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:52 am

marlboroughman wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:17 am
I would prefer for the Element 5 to be more like 2015 Catalyst - lighter, smoother, juicier, jumpier but it was close enough and it worked in onshore.
You wanted something more exciting then Element5 and more accessible then Nitro for beginners - OK add it to the line up and find the name for it. But this is a mess.
I was also waiting for an improved version of the Element 5. if the new E6 looked like the E5 I'd have already bought it...
I am sure its a great kite but still have my doubts (and can't try it!). And to make it more complicated the new Helium3 has just been released and it is available in smaller and medium sizes :-?
Last edited by GTC on Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:59 am

I think the E6 is more suited to the avarage joe than the E5 and Nitro.

galewarning
Frequent Poster
Weight: 168
Local Beach: Any slowly draining lake in the Desert Southwest & Land of Detachment.
Gear: Kite & foil kit: 15.5m Switch H2, 12m SS RPX, 7/10m RPM ('19), 8m SS UFO V2.0, 5/6[V5]/8m[V6] SS SST, SS Phantasm 633, SS Dwarfcraft 110, SS 5'4 Convert [my directional], SS 159 Glide; SS 138 Vision, 136 Nobile Split, SS 133 Luna
Wing kit: SS Wingcraft 90 / SS G900 / 4.4 & 5.4 Vayu wings
Brand Affiliation: None directly, but I do have friends in the snow and wind sports industries.

Postby galewarning » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:16 pm

Felix,

A request, as outlined on the Forum Guidelines [link and quoted below]... Please list you affiliation with Switch [and FireWire?] in your signature. This not only provides insight into potential conflict of interest in posts, but can also adds weight and credibility to your postings.

-M. Barry Ritchey

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2327565

11. You have to list in your profile if you have any affiliation to a kite business, retailer, school etc in your profile. You can use the "Location" field to add a short info like "teamrider" or "Distributor" or such as.

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:39 pm

galewarning wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:16 pm
Felix,

A request, as outlined on the Forum Guidelines [link and quoted below]... Please list you affiliation with Switch [and FireWire?] in your signature. This not only provides insight into potential conflict of interest in posts, but can also adds weight and credibility to your postings.

-M. Barry Ritchey

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2327565

11. You have to list in your profile if you have any affiliation to a kite business, retailer, school etc in your profile. You can use the "Location" field to add a short info like "teamrider" or "Distributor" or such as.

All this time reading this forum, I kind of took that one for granted. Every time I saw "Felix", I read that as "Switch". I guess someone here, new to kiting, would not associate Felix with Switch. So I agree.

lewmt
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mtns

Postby lewmt » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:22 am

marlboroughman wrote: Element 6 is a mistake and it messed up the whole line up.
Basically it is a neutered Nitro, but it is not Element, but it retains it's name.... Basically you are saying the previous line up was wrong. Something was wrong with Nitro and Element5?
Who told you that?
Why not just go buy a different brand. You are really hell-bent on hating on Switch now without trying any of their new stuff. Maybe they aren't for you any more but I'm sure Felix/Switch have no interest in designing a kite for exactly 1 user. Better yet go design your own kite since you are so brilliant

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Oldschool
Brand Affiliation: Make Kiting Great Again!

Postby marlboroughman » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:11 am

lewmt wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:22 am
Switch have no interest in designing a kite for exactly 1 user.
So up to now they were designing kites just for me. I am flattered. :rollgrin:

Return to “Kitesurfing”