Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Dynamic stretching - recommended for person engaged in extreme sports

Postby Toby » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:08 pm

Dynamic stretching - recommended for person engaged in extreme sports

We always care about our riders. That’s why we started Human Concept philosophy. The point is, to understand it is the human who is the most important part of the system, because even the best equipment is not able to function alone. It is the rider who connects all elements of kitesurfing. It means, to develop the best equipment, we have to analyze and understand natural advantages and limitations of human body and mind, and built the gear around them. But the most importing is to be fit. Nobile Kiteboarding presents trending with Darek Garko: Dynamic stretching - recommended for person engaged in extreme sports. Enjoy and always do that before kite session.

fluidity
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Weight: 115kg
Local Beach: Ngati Toa, Plimmerton, Titahi Bay, Waikanae, Petone, Seatoun, Lyall Bay, Eastbourne, Lake Wairarapa
Favorite Beaches: Plimmerton
Style: Wave, jump
Gear: Transitioned from Kiting to Wingsurfing late 2019. Building my own foils from my CAD designs and 3D prints, CNC machine.
Brand Affiliation: Designer of hydrofoils and many other things.

Re: Dynamic stretching - recommended for person engaged in extreme sports

Postby fluidity » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:00 am

And if there's still time before the sun goes down for an evening session after work there are a few more exercises that might just warm up those problem tendons:

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:58 am

fluidity wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:00 am
And if there's still time before the sun goes down for an evening session after work there are a few more exercises that might just warm up those problem tendons:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf-lsQqL2qo

:lol: :lol:

TBH I would do more stretches, if I was not a lazy SOB. Maybe some day.

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:10 am

A very comprehensive stretch video that lends itself to our most unceremonious angles by choice or other..

Most as above will find it too much and not bother, a good recommendation is to think about your 'particular' body part area that plays up occasionally or gets sore after a normal kite session.
Watch the Video and perhaps choose 1 stretch that may be relevant to you and spend a minute or 2 doing it before heading out...
Something is better than nothing.

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:26 am

Also need to take into account basic human physiology.
Stretching cold does almost zero, you have to warm up first for 7-8 minutes.
Once you get into a ‘stretch’ it takes 20-40 seconds (depends upon person, which muscle, overall Health, circulation, etc) for the “motion sensor” stretch receptor to shut off. This is basic protection. So, until that happens you really have not stretched anything. It’s why bouncing a muscle does no good. You can’t make a muscle stretch as much as you let it stretch for max benefit. Get into the stretch and relax for about 30 seconds until you feel the muscle relax, then if you move slowly you can stretch it safely and easily. YMMV

Seawolf
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Wolfbeach
Gear: Elements 5

Postby Seawolf » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:51 pm

ShaveTheWhales wrote: Most as above will find it too much and not bother, a good recommendation is to think about your 'particular' body part area that plays up occasionally or gets sore after a normal kite session.
This is true. But i think its better to do dynamic warmup to stretching. But with the whole yoga craze sweeping the kitecomunnity these days it seems like everybody does bridges and splits before entering the water...
Some windmills, lunges etc... you will be fine
Also dont stretch your muscles to long before a a tough kite session or workout because this can lead to injuries. Stretched muscles gets weaker when stretched and more prone to injuries. Its better to do this after the session.

Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Ozone R1V2 15m

Postby Mossy 757 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:41 pm

This video includes an irresponsible amount of forward spinal flexion. Not trying to open up a can of worms about the validity of yoga, but if I tried to replicate this regimen I'd end up flat on my back for 2 weeks.

SaltWaterDog
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Copenhagen, most of Denmark and northern Germany.
Style: Biting off more than I can usually chew.
Gear: XR5, Fusion 3.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby SaltWaterDog » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:00 pm

Hi Mossy757, I recommend you do some Pilates if you don’t have any medical reasons preventing you from improving your range of motion, of course.

To the Nobile clip: It is a common misconception that stretching (dynamic or not) is a good way to *prevent* injury. It is not. The best way to prevent injury to muscles and tendons is to warm up with a form of light cardio that also incorporates stretching. For example: leg ups with short bursts of speed. Just stretching is only beneficial *after* your workout while your body temperature is raised but it does nothing for you if you’re body is cold before you’re about to do whatever exercise you’ve got planned. This goes for all forms of sport.

That being said, for water sports like kitesurfing you’re really only in need of decent core strength and a good range of motion. Something like Pilates, regular swimming or similar low impact is more than enough to remain ‘kite fit’.

Exal
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Weight: 85
Local Beach: Still looking
Favorite Beaches: WA & Cape Town
Style: Wave & Oldschool
Gear: all the gear and no idea

Postby Exal » Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:17 pm

Does someone have the nobile stretching video? It is no longer online on vimeo.

Vivo3d
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2022
Weight: ~71
Style: Freeride
Gear: Duotone EVO SLS 2023
Duotone Click Bar
Duotone Select SLS 2023
Mystic Stealth Gen2
O'neill Psycho One 5/4

Postby Vivo3d » Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:55 pm

I don't know the video made by nobile, but I'm sure that 45 minutes of stretching for surfers might have a couple of stretches you can do in your daily routine

Or Sam Light

Return to “Kitesurfing”