Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Race Control System - much better depower trim!

Forum for kitesurfers
andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: Reedin Supermodel V3 7,9,11m, Duotone Juice 13m
Saul Custom Wave Board 138cm
Nomad Superleggera LW 142cm
Brand Affiliation: None

Race Control System - much better depower trim!

Postby andylc » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:25 pm

I ended up getting an Ozone Race control bar and lines to partner my new Flysurfer Soul (didn't like the FS bar) - surprised to find that the double pulley depower trim works way better (smoother,, less force required, more accurate adjustment) than a standard depower trim - why this isn't just used for standard bar depower trim I do not know.
That is all...

gmb13
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: Flag Beach, Fuerteventura
Style: Everything
Gear: Indiana, Sailmon
Brand Affiliation: Indiana, Sailmon

Re: Race Control System - much better depower trim!

Postby gmb13 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:47 pm

andylc wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:25 pm
I ended up getting an Ozone Race control bar and lines to partner my new Flysurfer Soul (didn't like the FS bar) - surprised to find that the double pulley depower trim works way better (smoother,, less force required, more accurate adjustment) than a standard depower trim - why this isn't just used for standard bar depower trim I do not know.
That is all...
Because you end up with a lot of loose trim line dangling around. If you pull the trimmer fully, you shorten the Front lines by about 25cm, but pull a meter of trimm line though. That 1m of line then dangles everywhere. It is already a PITA for racing, but even more so for jumping and wave riding.

--
Gunnar

andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: Reedin Supermodel V3 7,9,11m, Duotone Juice 13m
Saul Custom Wave Board 138cm
Nomad Superleggera LW 142cm

Postby andylc » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:03 pm

Yes but that wouldn’t be the case for a standard amount of depower trim though. My standard Ozone bar has 12cm of depower trim, with the double pulley this takes through about 20cm of rope (doesn’t seem to be exactly double for some reason!) 25cm of trim is way more than any normal riding would require. We shall see - maybe it will really annoy me given time!

gbrungra
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Stinky's, San Diego, CA, USA, and Nantucket, MA, USA
Gear: Griffin 17m TRX 2014, Cabrihna 12m Vector 2014, TTs, Camet 160 and SS Hoverglide

Postby gbrungra » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:48 am

I thought all the racers were building themselves custom bars w 2:1 pully depower AND the "Click" bar system?

Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Ozone R1V2 15m

Postby Mossy 757 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:21 pm

gbrungra wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:48 am
I thought all the racers were building themselves custom bars w 2:1 pully depower AND the "Click" bar system?
I think the click bar system died as soon as Olly Bridge jumped off his North sponsorship. Most racers I know are either using stock race control bars from companies that sell them, or something like this: https://www.skshapes.com/products/kitebars/

Return to “Kitesurfing”