Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

If you can get rid of any style of kiteboarding, what style would you possibly get rid of and why?

Forum for kitesurfers
Sandras
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Favorite Beaches: Okaloosa Island, FL
Gear: .
Has thanked: 0

Re: If you can get rid of any style of kiteboarding, what style would you possibly get rid of and why?

Postby Sandras » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:13 am

HellYeah wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:56 pm
Doing this for a school project article I am writing, would like to know your opinions thanks
Well, the style I do not like is wearing trousers so big that they are definitely stolen from a bigger guy!

Welcome back LetsFlyakite , LiquidXtacy in your 3rd incarnation :bye:
Curtis Nelson Stolen Trousers.jpg
Curtis Nelson Stolen Trousers.jpg (35.82 KiB) Viewed 1504 times

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Re: If you can get rid of any style of kiteboarding, what style would you possibly get rid of and why?

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:47 am

They should ban all traveller kiteboarding styles where the kooks do dumb ass stuff at our locals for Facebook that justifies banning of all kiteboarding.

But agree with first post - troll post, school project - idiot seems to be a subject these days :thumb:

Eduardo
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Favorite Beaches: Anywhere with a left break
Style: waves and foiling (X big-air junkie)
Gear: Ocean Rodeo and Cabrinha kites. North and Slingshot boards. Lift foils.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Eduardo » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:36 am

FLandOBX wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:45 pm
HellYeah wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:56 pm
LOL no, this is for a college assignment. I am writing a report about kitesurfing and some of the challeges we face like bans, danger, and problems within our own community. Trying to give a real life demonstration of the situations we encounter.
Okay, HellYeah, you get the benefit of the doubt. But Hatteras is in NC, "Padri" is spelled "Padre", and Cape Town is in SOUTH Africa. Call me a stickler for details, if you want. You'll gain more credibility in life with more attention to detail. :thumb:
" Local Beach: Hatteras SC.
Favorite Beaches: South Padri Island, Aruba, Maui, Cape Town Africa"

There is no way anyone can not know what state their "local beach" is in! Is the project for the University of California at Las Vegas?

HellYeah
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Hatteras SC.
Favorite Beaches: South Padri Island, Aruba, Maui, Cape Town Africa
Style: Freeriding
Gear: Cabrinha
Slingshot
Naish
Brand Affiliation: Starbucks
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby HellYeah » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:16 am

Thank you everyone for the quick responses. I now have enough info to write my report. Hopefully my speech will encourage people to start kiting, and when they hear our struggles, they will realize that it's just an easy thing to overcome.

Have a good day everyone, and as always, Fly high!

Return to “Kitesurfing”