Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Stem Cell Treatment for Shoulder?

forum for kitesurfers


galewarning
Medium Poster
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:48 pm
Gear: 15.5m Switch Helium2, 11m Switch Element5, 10m Switch Nitro4, 9m Slingshot '17 Rally, 7m Switch Element4, 6m Slingshot Z
Slingshot: Alien Air/Hoverslide H5, 5'4" Convert, 159 Glide; Switch 135 MJ Comp1
Brand Affiliation: None directly, but I do have friends in the industry and I'm guilty of having strong opinions.

Stem Cell Treatment for Shoulder?

Postby galewarning » Mon May 14, 2018 2:20 pm

Anyone out there have any experience with stem cell treatment of the shoulder?

TIA,

-Barry

SaltWaterDog
Medium Poster
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:01 pm
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: Copenhagen, most of Denmark and northern Germany.
Style: Biting off more than I can usually chew.
Gear: XR5, Fusion 3.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Stem Cell Treatment for Shoulder?

Postby SaltWaterDog » Mon May 14, 2018 2:33 pm

Stem cell looks like it could be a holy grail of medicine along with things like immunotherapy. If you’re in the US your options are probably limited thanks to the pro-life crowd preventing much needed research. Here’s a talk with Joe Rogan and Mel Gibson..

phpBB [video]

User avatar
jkrug
Frequent Poster
Posts: 445
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:17 pm

Re: Stem Cell Treatment for Shoulder?

Postby jkrug » Mon May 14, 2018 2:53 pm

i had stem cell therapy on my shoulder, it was a complete waste of $6000 which insurance didn't cover and came with quite a bit of pain (during the procedure) too. but some others had some success with it. the key is to find a doctor willing to tell you the truth. the doctor i saw wanted my money, end of story. when i finally saw some other better doctors, they told me my shoulder was beyond the point where stem cell therapy would help. i had almost no cartilage left in the area, so stem cell couldn't help me. i ended up getting a complete shoulder replacement, and though my shoulder will never be strong again, i can do just about everything i want.

User avatar
JustAGirl
Medium Poster
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:01 pm
Kiting since: 0
Gear: The British Armada
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Stem Cell Treatment for Shoulder?

Postby JustAGirl » Mon May 14, 2018 3:30 pm

🙄the “pro-life crowd” has ABSOLUTELY NO say in research; you sound like a fake news-infected zombie ready to kill on demand🙄
Currently ALL medical, technological & ethical research — we need the latter badly to deal with unscrupulous governments who may get their hands on AI technology — is controlled by five, yes five, publishers worldwide who work for the global bankers. So no, research isn’t stymied by the powerless pro-life crowd, but by the globalists in power who control the multi-billion dollar global medical industry. You have no idea how much med tech & meds are waiting for the bureaucracy to let them thru to the free market.
Stem-cell can be done in ethical ways in full conformity with Biblical principles, but the five bank-funded scientific publishers will never allow that research to be published bc it’s against their ideology & threatens their power.

SaltWaterDog
Medium Poster
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:01 pm
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: Copenhagen, most of Denmark and northern Germany.
Style: Biting off more than I can usually chew.
Gear: XR5, Fusion 3.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Stem Cell Treatment for Shoulder?

Postby SaltWaterDog » Mon May 14, 2018 3:55 pm

JustAGirl wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 3:30 pm
🙄the “pro-life crowd” has ABSOLUTELY NO say in research; you sound like a fake news-infected zombie ready to kill on demand🙄
Currently ALL medical, technological & ethical research — we need the latter badly to deal with unscrupulous governments who may get their hands on AI technology — is controlled by five, yes five, publishers worldwide who work for the global bankers. So no, research isn’t stymied by the powerless pro-life crowd, but by the globalists in power who control the multi-billion dollar global medical industry. You have no idea how much med tech & meds are waiting for the bureaucracy to let them thru to the free market.
Stem-cell can be done in ethical ways in full conformity with Biblical principles, but the five bank-funded scientific publishers will never allow that research to be published bc it’s against their ideology & threatens their power.
Controlling funding = controlling research. You don’t have a clue what you’re talking about and won’t even get into the rest of your rant. Please do yourself a favour and try not to sound like a raving lunatic when disagreeing with someone. Have a nice day.

User avatar
JustAGirl
Medium Poster
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:01 pm
Kiting since: 0
Gear: The British Armada
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Stem Cell Treatment for Shoulder?

Postby JustAGirl » Mon May 14, 2018 7:47 pm

SaltWaterDog wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 3:55 pm
JustAGirl wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 3:30 pm
🙄the “pro-life crowd” has ABSOLUTELY NO say in research; you sound like a fake news-infected zombie ready to kill on demand🙄
Currently ALL medical, technological & ethical research — we need the latter badly to deal with unscrupulous governments who may get their hands on AI technology — is controlled by five, yes five, publishers worldwide who work for the global bankers. So no, research isn’t stymied by the powerless pro-life crowd, but by the globalists in power who control the multi-billion dollar global medical industry. You have no idea how much med tech & meds are waiting for the bureaucracy to let them thru to the free market.
Stem-cell can be done in ethical ways in full conformity with Biblical principles, but the five bank-funded scientific publishers will never allow that research to be published bc it’s against their ideology & threatens their power.
Controlling funding = controlling research. You don’t have a clue what you’re talking about and won’t even get into the rest of your rant. Please do yourself a favour and try not to sound like a raving lunatic when disagreeing with someone. Have a nice day.
and you have neither money nor research, that much is clear from your rabid rant...

User avatar
jakemoore
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1464
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:59 am
Kiting since: 2004
Gear: Foil and 1strut kites.
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Oleander
Contact:

Re: Stem Cell Treatment for Shoulder?

Postby jakemoore » Mon May 14, 2018 8:17 pm

JustAGirl wrote:global bankers
Hey! LetsFlyAKite
http://time.com/4920259/fda-crackdown-stem-cell-clinics/ wrote:According to the FDA, there are currently only a limited number of stem cell therapies approved by the agency
Looks like global bankers are willing to sell stem cells too! LOL
jkrug wrote:it was a complete waste of $6000

Not a bad outcome considering all possibilities. Do you believe the people running these stem-cell clinics would recognize a stem-cell if it walked up and and offered to launch their kite for them? https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/15/heal ... tions.html
SaltWaterDog wrote: Stem cell looks like it could be a holy grail of medicine along with things like immunotherapy.
It could be. I think the real debate is making sure we in the USA are not passed by other nations that will do the research and also making sure that claims of treatment efficacy and safety are based in truth and outcomes are monitored as they are for other treatments in the USA.
galewarning wrote: Anyone out there have any experience with stem cell treatment of the shoulder
Get well soon!

BWD
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3393
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:37 am

Re: Stem Cell Treatment for Shoulder?

Postby BWD » Tue May 15, 2018 12:52 am

...and there are lots of technologies now that are better and not so relevant to the 1990s-2000s fetal stem cell issues and political dramas. The approaches that use the patients’ own stem cells instead of some others are more appealing for many reasons. But applications are still somewhat limited, for all stem cell therapies...

SalmonSlayer
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 563
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:48 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Stem Cell Treatment for Shoulder?

Postby SalmonSlayer » Tue May 15, 2018 1:22 am

Yep, the fetal stem cell argument and blaming Prolife folks is no longer relevant. You would have to be hiding under a rock to hang onto that point. Stem cell therapy is the future. I am just hoping they SOON figure out a way to replace cartilage and meniscus instead of knees.

SaltWaterDog
Medium Poster
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:01 pm
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: Copenhagen, most of Denmark and northern Germany.
Style: Biting off more than I can usually chew.
Gear: XR5, Fusion 3.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Stem Cell Treatment for Shoulder?

Postby SaltWaterDog » Tue May 15, 2018 1:38 am

This is the last I’ll post on here since the thread has zero to do with kitesurfing.

Pro-lifers are the single most influential reason why research has lagged behind in the US and why (if you want to full plethora of stem treatments made available) you have to look elsewhere. Go compare legislation from different countries.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Kaito, ShaveTheWhales, tomtom and 22 guests

cron