Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Ocean Rodeo OBX 2018 the after movie

Postby Toby » Fri May 25, 2018 8:01 pm

Ocean Rodeo News:

OBX 2018 the after movie

or 1.jpg

Recap: OBX 2018

Our Annual crew trip to Hatteras was an amazing to say the least! Another sold out week at Kitty Hawk resort followed up by a great meeting of several Ocean Rodeo crews in the area. Brand new Ocean Rodeo gear and unreleased equipment were on in full display.

https://vimeo.com/269969827

https://vimeo.com/269969827

"It's a Great Sign of what's to come."
The OBX trip is so amazing, because it brings a group of people together from all different works of life, scattered throughout the continent, based on one common passion. Kitty Hawk on the Outer Banks of North Carolina is the perfect setting for such an event, for so many reasons. The best sessions of peoples lives are likely to take place there throughout the span of a week, because you can have epic conditions for every possible discipline of the sport, whether it be the flat water through Planet of the Apes, or perfect side shore overhead peelers on the outside.
And the resort… each room having its own large balcony with a hot tub facing west towards the sunsets, lets you experience the action up close and personal. We were lucky enough this year to have 10m sunset sessions almost every night, where you could easily kite into the night lit by the shine of the full moon rising in the east, and the brilliant smoothy orange hues of the sun setting over the west.
- Graham Harney Ocean Rodeo Team Rider

"The only issue we had over the weekend was that we didn't have enough demo gear to keep up with the demand!"
- Adrian Splinter, Ocean Rodeo Sales Team

or 2.jpg

"By our second sunset session in as many days, people had shaken the rust off, and were really pushing one another on the water. Doesn't hurt to have a professional photographer on site to help motivate.
Having this many days in a row of time on the water and that comradery of of other kiters there created a motivating environment for everyone to learn.
Some highlights for me and others was seeing Scott way, way, way upwind. Chris "trying anything once" and throwing his first kite loop... which unfortunately didn't go as well as his first backrolls, frontrolls, and strapless surfboard attempts. And having Stephanie learning with Beth that sounded like it had been a lot of fun because there always laughter.
As someone who has worked at Ocean Rodeo, I was very thankful that the demo gear was in constant use providing those smiles and memories as we designed them to do.
- Todd Horne, Ocean Rodeo Sales Team

In the Spotlight: The Pilot Bar

or 3.jpg

One of the most popular demos we ran at OBX were of our newly released pilot bar! The Bar has received great praise and a great step forward from our past iterations of control bar systems.

For more on our bar click HERE

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Re: Ocean Rodeo OBX 2018 the after movie

Postby Laughingman » Fri May 25, 2018 8:21 pm

Thanks to OR for a fun filled week. Beth and I had a great time, Todd and crew were fantastic hosts. I would highly recommend to anyone looking to try out new gear to go down and stay with them. Or if you are in the area next year to visit the crew and let them know you want to test some gear. They will get it set up for you, launch you and send you on your way and then take pictures of your ear to ear smiles on the water.
Pete

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ocean Rodeo OBX 2018 the after movie

Postby matth » Sat May 26, 2018 12:34 pm

I just received my new Pilot bar yesterday. Very impressed and love seeing that OR is dedicated too bringing top quality products to the kite market. Their last bar was good and certainly got the job done, but this new one really takes it up a notch. The quick release and reset are easily as good as North or Cab and even resets with less effort. Looks like they sealed off the PU tubing also which is a good idea...great goob guys..

Return to “Kitesurfing”