Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: Reedin Supermodel V3 7,9,11m, Duotone Juice 13m
Saul Custom Wave Board 138cm
Nomad Superleggera LW 142cm
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Woo version comparison update?

Postby andylc » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:30 am

It's all very well saying relative accuracy is OK but if you're going to have a device telling you something in metres that's what it should be! You wouldn't get a tape measure and say 'well it says 1.5m and it's probably more like a metre or so, but it's accurate relative to itself so no problem'. If you make a device that measures something in metres then it should be actual metres not a complete guess! My two forays into measuring jumps were a Trace and the Sessions app for Apple watch. There is more than a 100% difference between the two!

kiterocky
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Montpellier
Gear: Wipika
Brand Affiliation: Wipika

Postby kiterocky » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:06 am

Still a toy with no reality test...

pj sofine
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: silly
Gear: naish pivots 9,11, rpm 7,8,10,12 cf raptor ltd 136,140

Postby pj sofine » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:48 pm

I've observed that those with the woo do actually jump higher. Also I'm seeing a lot of deadman type jumps ,inverted boards being stretched toward the sky.(Old school yeah!)They also seem to be happier when excitedly discussing their epic jumps.An added bonus is the yard sale crashes that take place when all the effort and attention is given to the height of jump. I've added the woosters with the newbie's,I stay upwind of them. :nervous: To each his own! What is reality after all

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core

Postby deniska » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:24 pm

haters will always hate and trolls will always troll ;-)
Talking about consistency.. this is friends session from 3 days ago.
Seems pretty consistent, if you jump consistently ;-)
Screenshot_20180618-183816_WOO Sports.jpg

kiterocky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kiterocky » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:53 pm

We dont care if 10 or 20m....we want reality test...or accuracy test...woo only make numbers not prove nothing with fact...the prove woo its wrong its by itself..woo 1 was right but the woo2 prove wasnt..woo 2 was more accuracy but woo3 prove wasnt ...and on and on..nobody know Who was right if woo 1 2 or 3....they always make different mesure...now this is the accuracy of a toy..its a scam...but its your money feel free to spend as u like

andylc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby andylc » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:20 pm

The fact that all those jumps are consistently massive makes it already not believable - a series of 10 or more jumps all of which would grace red bull KOTA....hmmmm....

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core

Postby deniska » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:37 pm

I love your troll's logic..
One guy claims that woo readings are random, so I post a session snapshot where a guy consistently posts high jumps with very small deviation, just to prove that it's not a random number generator...
Now the second guy complaints that the jumps are too consistent and thus fraudulent..
If you want reality test, PM flyingcamel on this forum and arrange a meeting.. he'll show you how it's done next time there is wind.

kiterocky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kiterocky » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:01 pm

We want prove ...reality test vs 5 euro chip...if u can prove u can sell more and more woo...but if u dont care i think is becouse reality maybe very bad

andylc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby andylc » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:18 pm

What does a load of similar sized jumps prove other than the device thinks they are similar (whether they are or not)? I have nothing against these devices, have owned one and would get another potentially. However I’ve compared two and found more than a 100% difference, and it seems the Woo is likely to be similarly inaccurate. If you’re going to use a metric measurement system then it should be measuring what it says, otherwise it might as well just tell you tiny, small, big or huge...

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:43 pm

deniska wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:37 pm
I love your troll's logic..
One guy claims that woo readings are random, so I post a session snapshot where a guy consistently posts high jumps with very small deviation, just to prove that it's not a random number generator...
Now the second guy complaints that the jumps are too consistent and thus fraudulent..
If you want reality test, PM flyingcamel on this forum and arrange a meeting.. he'll show you how it's done next time there is wind.
What is tolling about the responses? Is it just because they are different opinions from yours? The internal consistency issue was taken up before you posted about the consistency. I do not care either way, but I have seen people post jump measures taken by the woo same day as we were kiting together which I have never seen them be even remotely close to jumping. Obviously I have not seen all their jumps, but you'd expect to at least see something close right? Oh well. Its not really a huge issue. Its a fun little device.

Return to “Kitesurfing”