Weight: 75kg
Favorite Beaches: OBX
SPI
Style: Freeride
Gear: SlingShot, Switch.
Brand Affiliation: None

PASA Instructor Certification Program

Postby rtz » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:46 am

Who's been to one? Not necessarily this one; but any of them.

http://www.pasaschools.org/become-an-instructor/

$500 and 5, 8 hour days. I read through the list. But that is stuff I'm not interested in. What was the most important thing you gained or gleamed from the program? I'm more interested in maybe some super critical safety details?

I've had lessons in the past and shown a friend or two how to kite with no issues. But I always wonder about what I do not know. If I didn't feel it was safe; or the conditions weren't right or safe; I wouldn't have done it. Or if I didn't feel like they were able or capable; I would instead insist and refer them to an actual instructor. In my cases; these individuals were too cheap and would never travel out of state for lessons. And they didn't even know if they really, really wanted to get into the sport/hobby/activity or whatever you want to refer to it as considering the price of gear and how long it might or might not last. I think a lot of people take a lesson or kite a few times and don't stay with it for any possible reason on a potentially really long amount of reasons(more so than any other non wind reliant activity).

Return to “Kitesurfing”