Eye Protection Goggles that can be used with helmet

forum for kitesurfers

Slappysan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Eye Protection Goggles

Postby Slappysan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:05 pm

I tried out Spex as they are truly goggles http://a.co/jjHfzhE they aren't terrible but where I live with the water / air temp differential I still have fogging issues.

The make you look like a super dork too.

lindseym
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Tampa
Favorite Beaches: Islamorada
Style: airstyle, oldschool, freeride
Gear: Rebel 15, 12, 9

Postby lindseym » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:45 am

Yes, after trying so many different kinds of eye protection including various types of goggles I decided on the Lips https://www.lip-sunglasses.com/ ... specifically the Surge model since they are a bit cheaper and are extremely comfortable. They are more expensive but they have not come off yet and I have had some mean crashes. The only way not to lose glasses when you have decent spills is to have a neck wrap which Lip and Kurtis both have. If you are just a cruiser and not really worried too much about crashing then the goggles that people have recommended should work fine. Dont use RainEx on lenses. I recall someone posting on here before a better alternative which I can't recall off hand but there are much better water repellents out there.

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby Dave_5280 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:48 am

I use SeaSpecs and no fog treatment bought in a scuba diving shop for dive or snorkel masks.

JustAGirl
Medium Poster
Gear: The British Armada

Postby JustAGirl » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:21 pm

For me C-line; I need a little sense of aesthetics... for utilitarians SeaSpecs are probably unbeatable, but I was traumatized by them, my self-image has seldom suffered greater defeat

pebbles
Frequent Poster

Re: Eye Protection Goggles that can be used with helmet

Postby pebbles » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:04 pm

I've been using Wiley-X for about ten years. My first ones were goggles that had detachable earpieces you could switch for a strap. My newer ones are sunglasses with removable gaskets. The strap has a neat system and I always get polarized.

Return to “Kitesurfing”