tenerific
Rare Poster
Gear: Naish Skater
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Nobile NHP Carbon VS Carved Imperator?

Postby tenerific » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:12 pm

I'm fairly new to the game (but have been wakeboarding for, like, my whole life lol) and am looking to pick up a twin tip that'll last me for a while.

Wish I could demo various boards but, alas, I cannot.

Both the Nobile NHP Carbon and the Carved Imperator are ROUGHLY in the same price bracket. The build quality on the Nobile looks amazing, whereas the Carved looks a little more home made, but people raved about the Carved.

Has anyone used both who can chime in?

JustAGirl
Medium Poster
Gear: The British Armada

Re: Nobile NHP Carbon VS Carved Imperator?

Postby JustAGirl » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:24 pm

You mean one is machine-made, the other hand-made? I don’t get the question

tenerific
Rare Poster

Postby tenerific » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:36 pm

Yeah obviously the question is comparison between the two when riding. I'm not going to hang them on the wall and look at them. Superficially the Nobile looks more polished but that doesn't mean anything.

rynhardt
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Langebaan
Favorite Beaches: Langebaan
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cloud C2 17
Hoff Twinwave

Postby rynhardt » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:09 pm

If you ignore everything else, the nobile's hydrodynamic rocker line is magic.

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: ¤°

Postby POACHER » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:45 pm

I've owned a 2014 Nobile NHP Carbon 134x42 and currently have an Imperator 6 139x42.5. Both boards are great, but very different rides in my opinion. For some reason my Nobile Carbon NHP felt very slow and didn't go upwind as well as the 2013 NHP I had the year before. The flex felt similar but the Carbon version just felt a lot like my old Shinn Monk that really needed power to come alive. It was great in the chop and fun, super light board overall but unfortunately I don't live in a great place for reliable wind. So I sold it.

My Carved board is nice. It's not this magical unicorn that I think people paint it to be because of the price tag. It is fast, goes upwind great, the keeled bottom works well in chop and overall is a great freeride board. Overall I'm pretty happy with it.

Are either board worth the primo tag?..........I don't think so to be completely honest. I've been just as happy on some Axis Limited boards that were half the price.

I'm not sure if this was helpful or not.

tenerific
Rare Poster

Postby tenerific » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:59 pm

That's super helpful ... and a good reason for me to look at Axis

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Hood River; La Ventana; Ocean Park, PR; SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9/13m, SST 4/5m, UFO 3/5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Flysurfer 2cool 6m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses/RDB 70/90/101cm masts with 1200/860/800/730/600 kitefoil or 2200/1700/1400 wingfoil wings and 310/230/425 stabilizers, Naish MicroChip 80cm, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 100, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot Turbine 9/13m, 20” Guardian bar, 1700 sq.cm wing/fuselage/stabilizer fitting Moses mast

Postby grigorib » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:24 pm

Check out CrazyFly Raptor Limited, CrazyFly Elite and the Slingshot Widowmaker if you're looking at expensive ones.
I've been extremely/owerwhelmingly happy with Spleene RIP 137x42 personally.

I like how Carved save on top of the board laminate weight but dams stickers on it are beyond shameful. $350 pads is unreasonable for what they are and these are two cents telling me it's mostly a "I'm rich" item.

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: ¤°

Postby POACHER » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:42 pm

Yeah if you're open to suggestions,(didn't want to hijack your thread) the North (Duotone) Jaime Textreme carbon is a great board too. I just bought one this spring in 139x42 for more of a freestyle board. It's fast like the Limited, probably the lightest board I've had, upwind is fine and really can boost without much input. Not much to the base design either other than the quad channels, but it is right up there with the Axis Limited, which has a pretty defined base and keel.

Coincidentally the Axis Limited and North Jaime are used for twin tip racing......so they're not slugs anyway.

Someone on Fleabay is selling a blem Jaime Textreme for a decent price too. Might save some $.

tenerific
Rare Poster

Postby tenerific » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:09 pm

I am totally open to suggestions - this is already more helpful than I anticipated!

JustAGirl
Medium Poster
Gear: The British Armada

Postby JustAGirl » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:37 pm

Helpful thread, yes.... I have to admit I know ppl who ride expensive boards just to show off... it’s inevitable & I do realize expensive isn’t always best...

I have to try the Nobile & the Jimmy, thx

Return to “Kitesurfing”