Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Don't buy a Core kite before you read this!

Forum for kitesurfers
Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Don't buy a Core kite before you read this!

Postby Matteo V » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:10 pm

ulukaya wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:21 pm
2 years ago I was really into kiteboarding, they had the XR4 kites, I asked about their ambassador program. I talked to Brett on the phone, I was using Switchblades back then. He mentioned that first I need to buy XR4s full price (sneaky salesman tactics, he even sent me an invoice right away), then if they like what I'm doing, they may consider some discounts.
Let me simplify this one for you - "Send money or f--k you!"

It is not just COREporate kites that does this. Pretty much every corporate kiteboarding company has this attitude. Same for distributors, and retailers. There may be a facade of "caring" and "supporting the sport and rider" to sucker money out of people like you (and me), but the bottom line is what matters to them because it means their survival/new car or more expensive flat.

I learned this the hard way too. But to me, this reality seems obvious now. I guess we all have to learn sometime.

Jumpy laid it out how it is back second post up from the bottom on page 10. "SUPER FANS?" - NAILED IT! Graeme F is.....well he is Graeme F - known for being less than courteous to other posters, a COREporate hack, and doubling down without any hint of an apology every single time. And it's been a long time, so I don't thing that will change. But that is not for lack of him getting called out and being given a chance to "reel it back in".

ulukaya,

Welcome to kiteboarding! You have taken your first step into a bigger, and colder world. You need to get past this one and go out and have fun. Learning is expensive. Ditch your COREporate kite for another brand. Don't expect great customer service from the next corporation, brand, distributor, or fellow posters either. Learn to start making your own parts. And expect the "Send money or f--k you!" attitude the next time you have a problem.

ulukaya
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Oak Beach
Style: Big Air
Gear: Core XR5 9m,12m
Carved Imperator V 135x39cm
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby ulukaya » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:38 pm

Here's the summary. That's up to them if distributors are good or bad or anything.
But by law, those expensive kites with warranties have to survive longer, if not they should be serviced immediately.
Not everyone will try to act on it, but as a customer you need to know your rights and you do have a choice.

If CORE or another company won't even bring spares to your country, charge you international shipping, just don't use their kites anymore.
No need to follow "exclusive", "uber", "wonder", "extreme-high tech" kite. They'll either service or lose their market.

CaptainCore
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Seabrook Kent
Favorite Beaches: Nyali - Kenya
Style: Old School
Gear: Core Nexus. Fusion 4, Moses
Brand Affiliation: Gods own Core.

Postby CaptainCore » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:10 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:10 pm
Graeme F is.....well he is Graeme F - known for being less than courteous to other posters, a COREporate hack, and doubling down without any hint of an apology every single time.

Really, what's this then?
GraemeF wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:59 pm

If at some time or other my dubious wit has been misinterpreted, then accept my apology,

And if he'd known he was apologising to one of Trumps childlike climate change deniers in the face of fake news I'm fairly sure he wouldn't have bothered.

Are you a Flat Earther and Creationist as well?

Just checking who we have here these days, that carbon credits thread was very revealing.

I bet you think Dinosaurs are a scientific construct. [ur]lhttps://www.christiansagainstdinosaurs.com[/url

Only in America. :lol:
Last edited by CaptainCore on Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CaptainCore
Frequent Poster

Postby CaptainCore » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:12 pm

ulukaya wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:38 pm
Here's the summary. That's up to them if distributors are good or bad or anything.
But by law, those expensive kites with warranties have to survive longer, if not they should be serviced immediately.
Not everyone will try to act on it, but as a customer you need to know your rights and you do have a choice.

If CORE or another company won't even bring spares to your country, charge you international shipping, just don't use their kites anymore.
No need to follow "exclusive", "uber", "wonder", "extreme-high tech" kite. They'll either service or lose their market.
Dude (to use the vernacular) you're done, credibility zero without pictures.

recoprianto
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kitebeach, Maui
Favorite Beaches: Sherman Island, CA; La Ventana, Mexico; all of NE Brazil; Kite Beach, Maui
Style: Freeride
Gear: North Neo, North Dice, Custom Surf, North Team Series
Brand Affiliation: North USA team rider
Has thanked: 0

Postby recoprianto » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:23 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:10 pm

It is not just COREporate kites that does this. Pretty much every corporate kiteboarding company has this attitude. Same for distributors, and retailers. There may be a facade of "caring" and "supporting the sport and rider" to sucker money out of people like you (and me), but the bottom line is what matters to them because it means their survival/new car or more expensive flat.

I learned this the hard way too. But to me, this reality seems obvious now. I guess we all have to learn sometime.

Jumpy laid it out how it is back second post up from the bottom on page 10. "SUPER FANS?" - NAILED IT! Graeme F is.....well he is Graeme F - known for being less than courteous to other posters, a COREporate hack, and doubling down without any hint of an apology every single time. And it's been a long time, so I don't thing that will change. But that is not for lack of him getting called out and being given a chance to "reel it back in".
This sounds like someone that has never owned / run a business. The amount of stress, money, etc... it takes to create a product that works, find a way to get people to buy it, managing cashflow, keeping employees, production quality and timing right, etc..

Kudos to this guy for having the balls to start a business in a niche market like kiteboarding. I have never ridden a Core kite, but kiters that I respect like the kites, so he is doing something right. As a business owner myself, I highly respect anyone that gets a business off the ground and experiences even a modicum of success. He may love kiting and wants to help people, but I doubt his business plan includes giving away kites to everyone that likes them. That business plan has a very short timeline.

These industry people owe you nothing. They make products; if you like them, buy them. If no one buys their products, they will make different products or go into another business. If they like what you are doing on their products, they might give you incentive to do more on their products. Plain and simple.

ulukaya
Medium Poster

Postby ulukaya » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:30 pm

Here's some pictures, are you happy now?
Attachments
zzz.jpg
xxx.jpg

CaptainCore
Frequent Poster

Postby CaptainCore » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:40 pm

ulukaya wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:30 pm
Here's some pictures, are you happy now?
I am indeed.. Clearly an example of complete over stress. Whatever you did there it's not a manufacturing defect. I can't imagine how you did it, but it was most certainly NOT in normal flying circumstance.

ulukaya
Medium Poster

Postby ulukaya » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:56 pm

Well, whatever you do you can't over stress it. It was 15 knots day, I can send you meters graphic. People tow each other, throw loops, boosting 25m on this kite. If the bridle is giving up on 15 knots, it's not me over-stressing it, it's manufacturer who tuned/set it wrong for this kite. All my other bridles are mushy on the middle point. At least I have some evidence now and few other people having same issue, why don't you just own it instead of blaming the customer with zero evidence?

CaptainCore
Frequent Poster

Postby CaptainCore » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:20 pm

ulukaya wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:56 pm
Well, whatever you do you can't over stress it. It was 15 knots day, I can send you meters graphic. People tow each other, throw loops, boosting 25m on this kite. If the bridle is giving up on 15 knots, it's not me over-stressing it, it's manufacturer who tuned/set it wrong for this kite. All my other bridles are mushy on the middle point. At least I have some evidence now and few other people having same issue, why don't you just own it instead of blaming the customer with zero evidence?
Do you think we're completely stupid?
That we haven't had years of experience of line stress and damage, training as to what is and what isn't defect due to manufacturer fault, I'm not going to discuss this further.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:48 pm

What pulley is this kite using? I remember Cab. had some issues with some ronstan pulleys that cut the bridle a looong time ago. I think issues was that the bridle would get stuck between the wheel and the pulley body. I would see if there is a sharp edge on the pulley or if the wheel on the pulley has been sharpened up. It would definitely explain why the bridle got cut at low pressure. If this is the case, then it will then happen also on the new bridle.

Return to “Kitesurfing”