Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Don't buy a Core kite before you read this!

Forum for kitesurfers
PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards

Re: Don't buy a Core kite before you read this!

Postby PullStrings » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:52 pm

ulukaya wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:07 pm
PullStrings wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:55 am
ulukaya wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:16 pm
12 had problem
I bought it brand new from a dealer at the end of 2017.
That dealer treated you very very good....saved you lots of cash...yet you complain about waiting a bit and what you had to spend to get it fixed....wow !!!!
I didn’t buy it for $1200, I just didn’t remember when I wrote the post to clear it up. I got like 10% from a dealer. Not from distributor.
Well too late ...you already said it...wrote it...you paid $1200 ...brain muscle memory problems ??.......it was just 9 months ago !!!
I'm surprised you said that because you don't sound like Medicare age complaining on the forum
10% means that you paid around $1658 !!.......big difference to forget !!!

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards

Postby PullStrings » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:41 pm

ulukaya wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:25 am
I bought the kite for $1700. I’m even ok for paying $12 for the lines, issue is the recurring $30 shipping cost every time you need a small fix.
Smooth editing....and now you're even OK to pay the $12 !!...........plus you like to round up ...you wrote $50 bucks for German shoelaces....12+ (30 "if that's true") = $42
Maybe if you had a good relation with Core USA.... like that post about Core Canada....the lines would have been free !!

ulukaya
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Oak Beach
Style: Big Air
Gear: Core XR5 9m,12m
Carved Imperator V 135x39cm
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby ulukaya » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:37 pm

As I replaced my bridles, I checked all others and pulleys, there was no issue with pulleys but bridles all got weak in the middle spot. It's really sad for a kite after only 15-20 sessions.
If there was too much pressure on lines, they would extend. My new bridle was actually half cm longer than the 9 month old one, so that's not the case either.

Thanks Core for Bs in your way into saying that other components may have corrosion and did this and also for Core USA for sneaky salesman tactics.

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:24 pm

Welcome to the world of Coreporate kiteboarding! You have lots more fun ahead of you. Then later, you start building your own stuff such as linesets, replacement bridal links, and sometimes even plastic parts. The 3 stages of kite issues - denial, anger, acceptance.

james
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: My own
Brand Affiliation: My own

Postby james » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:49 pm

“Building”your own lines? 😂😂You weave them your self do you? What from angels hair and fairy wings?

Or you buy a reel of mass produced kite line for a massive company like Liros or sk99 leader line dyneema and rig your own, on a bar that you undoubtedly designed built and tested yourself?

It isn’t a noble crusade, it’s just going kitesurfing

Dress it up that your bucking the trend and not paying money to the man but you are only kidding yourself.

james
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: My own
Brand Affiliation: My own

Postby james » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:51 pm

ulukaya wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:37 pm
As I replaced my bridles, I checked all others and pulleys, there was no issue with pulleys but bridles all got weak in the middle spot. It's really sad for a kite after only 15-20 sessions.
If there was too much pressure on lines, they would extend. My new bridle was actually half cm longer than the 9 month old one, so that's not the case either.

Thanks Core for Bs in your way into saying that other components may have corrosion and did this and also for Core USA for sneaky salesman tactics.
One the length thing.

Lines/bridles come pre stretched, they actually shrink over time so that difference is guess would be relatively normal on most/all brands

coupdevill
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Hood River
Favorite Beaches: Hood River, Hatteras, SPI
Style: Chaotic
Gear: Slingshot & Ride Engine

Postby coupdevill » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:54 am

Maybe it's time to close this thread...

coup

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.

Postby Foil » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:30 am

coupdevill wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:54 am
Maybe it's time to close this thread...

coup
no its not!
still some popcorn left in my box :lol:

Matteo V
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:10 am

james wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:49 pm
“Building”your own lines? 😂😂You weave them your self do you? What from angels hair and fairy wings?
Linesets, actually. I make them out of Jerry Brown 800lb Dyneema. Fortunately, it is already braided and ready to be spliced. I do have to "un-braid" some of the Jerry brown for use as serving on my sleeving. I have some colored (blue and gold) kite line for steering lines that is specifically marketed for kites. But the fronts (power lines) are Jerry Brown. I do a simple splice locked with stitching like many others use. The only thing I construct different than most is that I place an external Dacron sleeve around the loop part, but not past/over the splice (where there is one line contained in the other). Then I use the "un-braided" Jerry Brown individual braid groups as serving to seal the ends of the sleeving so that sand does not get inside of the sleeve. My stretching method for my front lines has evolved over the number of linesets I have made. I now have a routine that I have come to believe gives better results than most others methods of stretching, though it takes about an hour just to stretch a front line set.

I do not know where I can get angles hair, or fairy wings...... maybe in the pasta isle in the supermarket????

james wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:49 pm
Or you buy a reel of mass produced kite line for a massive company like Liros or sk99 leader line dyneema and rig your own, on a bar that you undoubtedly designed built and tested yourself?

It isn’t a noble crusade, it’s just going kitesurfing

Dress it up that your bucking the trend and not paying money to the man but you are only kidding yourself.
First, I never said I don't like things made with modern technology and available through the free market. The issue I focus on has more to do with "brands" that are supposedly "top of the line", and how you get nothing more from them than you would from a "less hyped" and more affordable brand. Honestly, I was a victim just like the OP. I purchased gear from one of the most expensive brands and found out customer service was no better when you pay more. Later, I confirmed that customer service was still lacking when you pay less. And, very early in my kiting experience, I began purchasing locally supplied materials to construct parts I could not count on kite companies to supply me with. Things liked bars (no, I do not use bars I make any more), CL releases, and cleats that I use are commercially available of either kite or sailing manufacture. I buy parts that are proven to work/last, and make what some would call "franken bars". I have lots of parts that are almost worthless, because they would not work reliably. Those parts sit in a tub at my storage locker or come with me as a demonstrator on why someone else's old gear should be replaced. My kites are stock, with only added (more reliable) pulleys, and increased diameter to the slider material for fixed or rolling sheaves. I prefer the 1/8th Amsteel over the stock 7/64th diameter where sliders and pulleys move across them.

Second, my experience is that about 1 in 100 kiters makes their own lines at popular destinations where I kite (lots of kiters for a large sample size). But at my home lakes, I am the only one (admittedly there is a sample size of less than 100kiters). How many of the kiters on your local or destination beach make their own lines???

ulukaya
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Oak Beach
Style: Big Air
Gear: Core XR5 9m,12m
Carved Imperator V 135x39cm

Postby ulukaya » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:52 pm

Long story short, if CORE is gonna charge $1700 to a kite but
- has bridle lines that goes off really quick
- has terrible service trying to blame customers
- CORE USA being unresponsive and just using sleazy salesman tactics to charge you more.
- CORE USA has no spare parts and you are depending to shipment from Germany in each issue.

I'm out of this brand, and you are WARNED. I rather stick to a brand that either charges low or better local service.

Return to “Kitesurfing”