Dreaming About Kiteboarding

forum for kitesurfers

ThickAir
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Dreaming About Kiteboarding

Postby ThickAir » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:04 pm

I've been kiting for 12 years now and can honestly say that some of the best moments of my life have been on the water. So many sessions where everything is flowing, conditions are perfect and I'm riding very well.

Why is it, then, that whenever I have a dream about kiting, it's never about actually riding? It's always about not being able to get to the beach because of some weird diversion or getting there and I'm missing some gear or people keep interrupting me when I'm trying to rig up. Does anyone else have this problem? It's honestly a little bizarre and super frustrating.

BOEMIX
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: Sant Pere Pescador (Spain)
Favorite Beaches: Etang de l'Eole, La Franqui (France)
Style: Freeriding
Gear: Kites: ozone: chrono v2 15m, Hyperlink 9m, Catalyst 7m, enduro 10m, edge 13m, access 6m
Flysurfer Soul 15m.
Boards: Naish Bullet 5,4, Shinn Ronson 138x42, King Gee 150x50, Ketos Foil freeride2 and Transformer TT

Re: Dreaming About Kiteboarding

Postby BOEMIX » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:26 pm

Hahaha

So I'm not the only one having that kiteboarding illnes :lol:

Sometimes I also have a nightmares like that.

Kite and board in hands ready to hit the water, and the water just goes away and the more you want to hit it the more it goes away, and only a dry and salty desert was left when there was the sea just seconds before!

ThickAir
Medium Poster

Postby ThickAir » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:00 pm

Kite and board in hands ready to hit the water, and the water just goes away and the more you want to hit it the more it goes away, and only a dry and salty desert was left when there was the sea just seconds before!

Haha, that's a good one. Glad to know it's not only me having frustrating dreams. It's weird because I'm not a pessimistic person at all.

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:08 pm

That’s just the small back part of your brain that wants you to be a well rounded Healthy person telling you to go find something else worthwhile to do. ignore it, it’s just the price of addiction.

ThickAir
Medium Poster

Postby ThickAir » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:31 pm

Return to “Kitesurfing”