Local Beach: Southern Ontario
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Moses, Flysurfer

Re: Woo3 and Xensr compared

Postby cwood » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:30 am

COOP wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:19 am
Well if you think it's fun and making you a better kiter, then good for you.
I myself over the years push myself to master tricks. So if I master the dark slide kiteloop, I then push to add a backroll in to it. If I master the front roll transition I then try to do a double front roll and so on and so on. If one of the crew starts to pull off an awesome new trick it then inspires me to push myself and master it. That for me is where the fun, adrenaline is and it brings me back to the water over the many years with more enthusiasm to go harder not a make believe gimmick!
I think you guys are missing out if you need this to improve or brag
Lawn mowers will be lawn mowers
Progression oriented risk takers will be always doing so even with Woo's on board. Its a fact, i see it every session.
I enjoy watching the progression of people learning the timing to get into the air, becoming comfortable in the air, learning the kite skills to land softly, down loop transitions etc etc....I love to see the look on peoples faces.
Woo has pushed some lawn mowers to start taking some risks and trying different things.
I'll say it again...its all about what you find fun.
For me its as much about the log book as well. Lots of sessions aren't about the boost...they are logged as the other things you accomplished in that session...what you worked on etc.
I guess you never come off the water wondering if anyone saw that sick slide...nor ever mention that you nailed it.

cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Southern Ontario
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Moses, Flysurfer

Postby cwood » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:40 am

kiterocky wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:37 am
COOP wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:19 am
Well if you think it's fun and making you a better kiter, then good for you.
I myself over the years push myself to master tricks. So if I master the dark slide kiteloop, I then push to add a backroll in to it. If I master the front roll transition I then try to do a double front roll and so on and so on. If one of the crew starts to pull off an awesome new trick it then inspires me to push myself and master it. That for me is where the fun, adrenaline is and it brings me back to the water over the many years with more enthusiasm to go harder not a make believe gimmick!
I think you guys are missing out if you need this to improve or brag
Exactly...
Jump higher its easier than perform tricks ..the Jump devices make this worst and now on my beachs only guys Jump ugly up and down..no more style no more nothing to Watch
When i finish my session i go home in the past i was Happy to stay and Watch tricks ...now so boring people..very sad
what a ridiculous assertion. People do what they enjoy and watch what they enjoy watching. Personally I don't find all the wake style stuff interesting in the slightest and I don't like watching it. I respect it and know it takes great skill but I have no interest. Seeing someone comfortably throwing a huge boost, doing it smoothly and throwing in some kite action I can watch all day. Just a preference. At our main beaches probably 20% are riding woo and most of them pursue risk taking and learning every session. The non woo'ers are largely numbing their minds going back and forth and back and forth.

COOP
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Everywhere
Favorite Beaches: All Australian beaches.
Style: Freeride
Gear: North
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby COOP » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:38 pm

Wakestyle??? Not me my friend, my knees couldn't handle it. Strictly hooked in.
I beg to differ in that the WOOers are the ones numbing their minds with the BS. I see it at my local with some of the crew that are using it. Damn good kiters but it's affecting their progression from going further as they spend 90% of their session jumping up and down up and down......no board offs, deadmans, all the good old school tricks as they are all trying to get the biggest WOO jump.....quite boring really. They are all doing this to get a ridiculous WOO height reading and then there's the banter after it. Just not enjoyable having a beer after the sesh listening to the BS.
But if you think your local is kick'n it with the WOO then all well and good at your local.
At my local it's making the crew go backwards because it's rubbish!

kiterocky
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Montpellier
Gear: Wipika
Brand Affiliation: Wipika

Postby kiterocky » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:30 pm

COOP wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:38 pm
Wakestyle??? Not me my friend, my knees couldn't handle it. Strictly hooked in.
I beg to differ in that the WOOers are the ones numbing their minds with the BS. I see it at my local with some of the crew that are using it. Damn good kiters but it's affecting their progression from going further as they spend 90% of their session jumping up and down up and down......no board offs, deadmans, all the good old school tricks as they are all trying to get the biggest WOO jump.....quite boring really. They are all doing this to get a ridiculous WOO height reading and then there's the banter after it. Just not enjoyable having a beer after the sesh listening to the BS.
But if you think your local is kick'n it with the WOO then all well and good at your local.
Same same all over the world..

Kitemenn
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Maasvlakte / Slufter
Gear: North Evo 11-7m / Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Kitemenn » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:45 pm

Haters will be haters...just because you think something is wrong doesnt make it bad! You can have your opinion but please let others have one too! To me the WOO isnt affecting how I do tricks and stuf...it does push me to take that extra risk and go that little overpowered to do that trick! That doesnt prevent me from doing any tricks up there or throwing a loop here and there! I do agree that bregging about your scores doesnt make much sense but you see the same thing about guys bragging about their tricks! Its just a nice review of your session and provides you with a log/time spent/where you kited...etc
If you dont like it...just dont use it or talk to the people who are enjoying it!

a99
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Gear: North, SabMoses, Flysurfer, Liquid Force, Blade, Xenon.

Postby a99 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:41 pm

i use piq and have number immediately, really cant understand woo users where is point to know all jumps only after session. Only few using of expensive watches sync with woo3. Without live result little bit ridiculous blind enjoy of woo. Piq also have nice social community and score and spins counters, i enjoy very much piq. Bought it used by the way. Dont change my piq to woo even if i get woo for free.

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, Moses, Nobile, North, Ozone

Postby joriws » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:57 pm

Hold on I've arranged Piq also to games so please expect woo3, xensr and piq -comparison.

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core

Postby deniska » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:28 am

COOP wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:38 pm

I beg to differ in that the WOOers are the ones numbing their minds with the BS. I see it at my local with some of the crew that are using it. Damn good kiters but it's affecting their progression from going further as they spend 90% of their session jumping up and down up and down......no board offs, deadmans, all the good old school tricks as they are all trying to get the biggest WOO jump.....quite boring really.
You are wrong, friend..
from what I have seen, most people who can do a decent woo score ( I mean higher teens) can do either ok oldskool or kiteloop tango
Hey, I am stuck at around 15m and I can do board offs, one footers, etc all day
my usual woo session would have boosting on foil, TT and doing all bunch of tricks... darkslides, front rolls , boardoffs, etc you name it..
the menu depends on a wind..
if it's 7-9kts I'll be doing one footers with hydrofoil (that was 2 days ago)
39217599_2134317176580748_7611626743748624384_o.jpg
at 13kts I can either do oldskool with TT or start doing ok airs with HF
35429678_2028807460465054_5159184285835460608_o.jpg
anything over that is pretty much a mix..
But none of that interferes with getting the biggest jump on a local beach...
Usually, when you send it you know if you going for the bigger ones or you can style it up with grabs, boardoff,etc

COOP
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Everywhere
Favorite Beaches: All Australian beaches.
Style: Freeride
Gear: North

Postby COOP » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:32 am

Well that's great. Keep up the good work.
Stuck at 15mts.....like I said I am a mere mortal compared to you WOOers.
I can honestly say that when I stand on the balcony of the 6th floor (15mts) of the apartment block and look down...never been there, then go down to the next floor (12mts) and again....never been there. Next floor (9mts) mmmmm yeah maybe a few times maybe. Obviously I have to work on my technique or just get a WOO.

kiterocky
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Montpellier
Gear: Wipika
Brand Affiliation: Wipika

Postby kiterocky » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:58 am

Just get a woo...😂😂u Will start from 10m easy

Return to “Kitesurfing”