Local Beach: 3rd Ave, Cotote Pt., Crissy
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach Maui
Gear: Slingshot for all!
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Woo3 and Xensr compared

Postby CaliRider » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:23 pm

Macster wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:41 am
This thread does explain a little... lately some intermediate kiting buddies armed with new Woos have been saying they jumped 15m and 16m at one of our local flatwater spots (no kickers). When I've been out with them, I havent seen them jump much more than 10-12m according to my naked eye and comparing to other rider's kitelines as they go past.

It's a shame if Woo have done this deliberately and it will only damage their sales and credibility in the long term.
to be sure the woozy guys i know all have the sense that it measures higher than actual and many of them have bought an apple watch instead of that new woo and run a bunch of apps when out riding. :naughty:

now i got a foil and my sesh all is showing me my track with my upwind and downwind angles with speed and distance and when i jump i see those to but i see me entire session and not just the jumps. have fun with your expensive jump toys which knowingly lie to you and the manufacture just milks you like a cow every year with a 'new" version! :bye: best part of that is my nerdy friends took broken woos apart and they're all the same on the inside LEO is screwing you all over with paying for a whole new unit just for some silly new feature. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

kiterocky
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: Wipika
Brand Affiliation: Wipika

Postby kiterocky » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:49 pm

Amen

Pemba
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Ozone C4, Brokite Hybrid

Postby Pemba » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:01 am

CaliRider wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:23 pm
Macster wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:41 am
This thread does explain a little... lately some intermediate kiting buddies armed with new Woos have been saying they jumped 15m and 16m at one of our local flatwater spots (no kickers). When I've been out with them, I havent seen them jump much more than 10-12m according to my naked eye and comparing to other rider's kitelines as they go past.

It's a shame if Woo have done this deliberately and it will only damage their sales and credibility in the long term.
to be sure the woozy guys i know all have the sense that it measures higher than actual and many of them have bought an apple watch instead of that new woo and run a bunch of apps when out riding. :naughty:

now i got a foil and my sesh all is showing me my track with my upwind and downwind angles with speed and distance and when i jump i see those to but i see me entire session and not just the jumps. have fun with your expensive jump toys which knowingly lie to you and the manufacture just milks you like a cow every year with a 'new" version! :bye: best part of that is my nerdy friends took broken woos apart and they're all the same on the inside LEO is screwing you all over with paying for a whole new unit just for some silly new feature. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Do you see a bunch of people claiming that WOO3 gives the correct height ? WOO gives a guarantee of 1 year and they appear to honor any claims. In my experience the life of a WOO isn't much more than a year so it makes sense to upgrade after about a year. There's a bit more to WOO than the jump hight. Are you suggesting that we're not actually having fun at all, we're all being ripped off in stead ? Or we're all stupid because our fun is based on an illusion ? Personally I'm quite aware of the lack of jump hight accuracy and the limited freestyle tricks it registers, but I'm having fun because it makes me try harder, stupid or not. When that stops, I might look into buying an expensive Apple watch like you and your buddies since that's obviously a lot of fun too. Until then, I'm good. hahahaha ??

wrogu
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1

Postby wrogu » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:26 am

Well, I had piq and have woo3 ... from my feeling the jumps are quite correct. Also from my mates viewpoint from beach. I jump usually 10-12,5m from flat with no funny leg swinging etc. Seems prety accurate to me.

But I would love to see a proper woo test with some sort of reference. I hope woo guys do it to show what device error is. And I would not expect super good accuracy from such a device +/- 1m would be good enough imho for 10-15m jumps.

kiterocky
Frequent Poster

Postby kiterocky » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:09 pm

No they Will never do a reality test...all of them woo piq xser ecc take more money with faith than reality( as usually)..and Yes u all are stupid if fun is based on an illusion..but its not forbidden to be stupid .enjoy

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:31 pm

kiterocky wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:09 pm
No they Will never do a reality test...all of them woo piq xser ecc take more money with faith than reality( as usually)..and Yes u all are stupid if fun is based on an illusion..but its not forbidden to be stupid .enjoy
LOL get a load of this guy :allbegood:

deniska
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: Ozone, Core

Postby deniska » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:04 pm

Kamikuza wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:31 pm
kiterocky wrote:
LOL get a load of this guy :allbegood:
he is a woo troll (maybe even a paid one :-) ), but I'll bite...
About those reality tests.. Have you ever seen KOTA? When they give riders these "toys" and then post a video of a jump with data layover?
Well anyone with a woo and gopro can do this..woovie editor will cut out all the jumps with a layover data.. super easy...

As to apple watch, that xensr app is total garbage.. I tried it a few times.. Awesome idea, but does not really work..
Using it as woo display also was a big pain.. I think they just rushed it to the market (I mean the woo app for the watch)
The only good use that I found was a GPS tracker.. It's nice to visualize long foiling cross winders..
but the watch did not last 2 months for me.. I put in on a rear bumper of my car while changing, the wind blew it off, it hit the pavement from 2 feet height and got thousands of mini cracks making it unusable.. Obviously my fault, but I was surprised how little it took.. Using $5 cheap watch now for time keeping.. that thing I can throw around and nothing happens to it..

Pemba
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Ozone C4, Brokite Hybrid

Postby Pemba » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:21 pm

kiterocky wrote:
You think its stupid then to enjoy watching a film then or enjoying a novel ? Pretty judgmental... Anyways, up to you. To me they are two things.

kiterocky
Frequent Poster

Postby kiterocky » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:23 pm

Until now no reality test or woovie editor...so Easy but nobody does...strane
Just to bè correct, all the Jump device are garbage ...piq woo xnser and others...

kiterocky
Frequent Poster

Postby kiterocky » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:27 pm

Pemba wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:21 pm
kiterocky wrote:
You think its stupid then to enjoy watching a film then or enjoying a novel ? Pretty judgmental... Anyways, up to you. To me they are two things.
If u Watch a movie or a novel and think its real..than Yes u are stupid...i mean star wars its not real...like the sensor Jump data..but u are free to enjoy ..but if u think they are real than maybe u are a bit stupid..until they prove It with reality test .so many people are asking than i ll buy One immediately

Return to “Kitesurfing”