Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cabrinha S-Quad vs. Naish Global?

Forum for kitesurfers
John Doe
Medium Poster
Gear: The cheap kind.

Cabrinha S-Quad vs. Naish Global?

Postby John Doe » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:26 pm

I'm in the market for a new board. I want to make the right decision as I tend to use the hell outta my gear. I have had several Cabrinha directional boards, including what I consider to be the holy grail of directionals - The Cabrinha Trigger. Since my Triggers demise I've been riding an S-Quad & I like it a lot. It's quick, it turns super tight & it is ridiculously fun with a 6 meter. Only shortcoming is, for me, in large surf. It doesn't seem to have the stability & speed that the Trigger did when the surf gets over 10 feet. If it's less than that the S-Quad is super fun.

My question is for anyone that had ridden both of these boards - what do you think? I have Naish Pivot kites which I absolutely love so I'm wondering if I should just go all Naish?!?!?!? Which would you choose S-Quad or Global??? I'm 5'8" & 150 lbs (68 kilos).

jonysan
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Saunton, Weston S Mare, Bournemouth
Favorite Beaches: La Morne Mauritius, anywhere warm
Style: Wave , hopefully smooth,
Gear: Naish Pivots and Slash, F-One Mitu 5'4, F-One Mitu 5'8, old Naish 5'4 Quad (like a guided missile!),
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Cabrinha S-Quad vs. Naish Global????

Postby jonysan » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:53 pm

Global in the bigger (faster) waves.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Cabrinha S-Quad vs. Naish Global?

Postby tautologies » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:51 am

Global is the one board i can't get away from. It does change from year to year, and this year it is a fair wider.

Global had a killer tail rocker and so narrow it is easy to hold and keep in control at almost any speed.

Return to “Kitesurfing”