Favorite Beaches: Okaloosa Island, FL
Gear: .
Has thanked: 0

Re: Core and German engineering meme

Postby Sandras » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:50 pm

ok, here's the original text:
CaptainCore wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:47 pm
... if he'd been around for any length of time he'd be grateful to still be able to get spare parts, you should try getting Slingshot spares or a warranty here in the UK these days...
CaptainCore wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:50 pm
... and seriously Core doesn't have the warranty issues that other brands I've dealt with, like that good ole USA brand Slingshot had, so the spare inventory isn't that great.
It seems impossible to not badmouth the other companies while defending core...

I thought that I would never buy core because of the crappy quick release, I now additionally see durability issues but the fact that core has chosen these people to represent it is really the worst.
Most of the company delegates that right here, at least behave and don't create bad impressions for the company, even if provoked!

By the way my buddy flies slingshot and last year he got his warranty replacement right at the beach! In front of me!
Moreover they managed to get rid of a really bad distributor in UK, one that was hurting the public image of the company!

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby iriejohn » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:17 pm

CaptainCore wrote:
unclebill wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:55 pm
I have been following these "Core" threads hoping for an answer to one question. Why Core US has no spare parts in the US? And finally the answer according to CaptainCore, they can't afford to.
Putting words in my mouth, nobody said they (Core) can't afford to, it's local dealers that would struggle to carry every bridle in every model kite they sell, so we use a central stock, personally after four years I'm beginning to get a profile of items that wear so carry stuff locally in the UK. But until you get even a rough idea you can't simply carry every single part of every kite made and would be stupid to and seriously Core doesn't have the warranty issues that other brands I've dealt with, like that good ole USA brand Slingshot had, so the spare inventory isn't that great.

As to these two, they're hate trolls and not actually representative of the market as a whole. If I recall, one of them the deniska one already had a similar thread, then withdrew it saying things had been resolved, then saw another gathering of pitchforks and piled back in, trolls like to feed off one another and much prefer to moan online than have the issue dealt with.
Good grief.

1. Core HQ must know the warranty claims/spares requirements for each kite range/size.

2. Core HQ must know how many of each kite range/size have been shipped to each distributor.

3. Core HQ must therefore know the range of expected demand for warranty claims/spares for each distributor.

4. Core HQ should ensure that each distributor carries enough spare parts for this expected demand for warranty claims/spares, and if the distributor is caught short should immediately replenish the distributor without penalising the consumer.

OK, there are local variations and randomness in demand, but is this really too difficult to implement? :roll:

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards

Postby PullStrings » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:47 pm

CaptainCore wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:47 pm
PullStrings wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:15 pm
Once i was about to give the OK to launch my 5m2 Waroo w/ 10m lines on slippery wet grass and decided it was too dangerous and wanted to live another day. The wind was very strong with total white out rain squalls.The windsurfers were getting hammered but having fun on 3.5m2. Best estimate was 40-55++++ knots wind.That was the one day i was jealous of my friends that never switched to kiting.I used to have a windsurf board speed needle 8'6"x 15" wide that i rode with a 3.0m2 Hot Sails for those kind of days.
This Gentlemen and lady, is a post by the poster Pullstrings back in 2015, so clearly not me nor any other of my alleged IDs since I hate Best kites with a vengeance and at that time I represented Core as did Brett the other guy being accused of using the Pullstrings ID. That's how you find out who's who, go back check their history. Now Ulukaya is now just a troll
Correct...i am not Captain or Brett
No one knows my password...i ride old Rebels and one old Riot xr3.... bought brand new the year they came out... pay retail for gear & parts..supporting brick & mortar store
Never been in kiteboarding business and don't want to either....when i get off work i just want to freeride...and ..go on KF and see how's whining about stupid shit

Hey ulu all the stuff i heard was :

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core

Postby deniska » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:22 am

CaptainCore wrote:

As to these two, they're hate trolls and not actually representative of the market as a whole. If I recall, one of them the deniska one already had a similar thread, then withdrew it saying things had been resolved, then saw another gathering of pitchforks and piled back in, trolls like to feed off one another and much prefer to moan online than have the issue dealt with.
yes.. very predictable, Captn using personal attacks and calling names.
Well, if you look up my earlier posts from 2-3 years ago, I was a fan of the brand.
Even after I snapped my first bar in two. The service was good and most stuff that broke was replaced on warranty w/o any problems.
For me it was worth it - you pay premium but get good service.
Recently the service became worse. The local reps charge you random amounts of money for things (thus my thread from last year: putting online order through core website and getting billed 20-30 bucks more). BTW, we had a long discussion with the distributor before I posted but he only saw it my way after it got some traction. Call me a troll for calling out on the guys who tried to rip me off.. Yes they did apologized for the "error"...
This thread was again a result of my frustration after the distributor did not see things my way.
Apparently it was my fault that half of the metal parts on the bar caught rust while the other half remained shiny (I was supposed to dry it up!)
Well could not they use the same metal for rusty parts that they used for the ones that did not get affected??? No, it's user's fault!!!
It was my fault that the line got chewed up in less than 3 months!
This is how this "TROLL" thread got started.
It would have probably went down the list by now, if not for Captn and 2-3 loud-mouthed "good Samaritans" who say they don't have any stake in this but somehow keep posting their "pro-CORE opinions" every second response and know some intricate details that only CORE people should have known..
I am going to refrain from future posting here as it steered away from normal discussion..
So good job Captn & friends!
Have fun with this thread.. you can call me names, etc I will not be provoked by this BS anymore.
Lesson learned!

foilonfoil
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Belmont Shore, CA / Hood River, OR
Favorite Beaches: Crissy Field, San Francisco, CA / Benicia, CA / Sail Bay, San Diego, CA / Hermosa Beach, CA
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic Race, Core Section V1's, MikesLab Foil, Camet Boards.

Postby foilonfoil » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:41 am

Every single kite brand has their issues. When I first started kiting, I expected brand support but quickly found that it was minimal especially for consumables like bars and lines. Thats when my focus changed from complaining about it to doing something. None of the gear I use today is standard manufacturer gear due to shortcomings and personal preferences. if I have an issue that cannot be resolved in a timely fashion, I fix it myself or move on.

Honda1
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Hood River
Favorite Beaches: Maui/gorge
Style: All
Gear: Core
Been thanked: 0

Postby Honda1 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:19 am

Seems like Core has taken a beating recently, and maybe rightfully so. I ride Everything Core but am not affiliated with the brand in anyway. Just had to put in my .02. Never had a single issue with any of my gear nor have I had any failures of any kind. I try to baby my gear and make it last. I kite more than once a week, typically in the gorge. If we as kiters have a problem with our gear it Is beneficial to go through your dealer. The Core dealer in the gorge is amazing and real willing to work with you. While I haven’t had any Core issues I have with some other brands and Dave has made it right. This all just my experience...

Matteo V
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:20 pm

Sandras wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:50 pm
.....but the fact that core has chosen these people to represent it is really the worst.
Makes me think Sandras has been hacked. I mean look at his avatar??? But his statement is spot on nonetheless.

iriejohn wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:17 pm
Good grief.
1. Core HQ must know the warranty claims/spares requirements for each kite range/size.
2. Core HQ must know how many of each kite range/size have been shipped to each distributor.
3. Core HQ must therefore know the range of expected demand for warranty claims/spares for each distributor.
4. Core HQ should ensure that each distributor carries enough spare parts for this expected demand for warranty claims/spares, and if the distributor is caught short should immediately replenish the distributor without penalising the consumer.

OK, there are local variations and randomness in demand, but is this really too difficult to implement? :roll:
You are not taking into account how kite COREporations work. "Design and prototype" are domestic of the of the former, and domestic or China of the latter. But where things really go wrong is that production is in China (or overseas somewhere else). With very few kite COREporations owning the means of production, QC is nearly impossible to assure to any level. Thus no kite COREporation has the ability to have any idea of the possible defects in a particular production run. So in the end, we are the test dummies. You can scream at the kite COREporation for a faulty design, but build and QC is not in their power to "get right". This is what happens when you have a $1800 (retail kite) that costs $150-$250 (average over a large production run) to make.

foilonfoil wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:41 am
Every single kite brand has their issues. When I first started kiting, I expected brand support but quickly found that it was minimal especially for consumables like bars and lines. Thats when my focus changed from complaining about it to doing something. None of the gear I use today is standard manufacturer gear due to shortcomings and personal preferences. if I have an issue that cannot be resolved in a timely fashion, I fix it myself or move on.
The guy with a "Mikes Lab" product gets it! But I bet he has not had to fix anything with "Mikes Lab" written on it.

Honda1 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:19 am
Seems like Core has taken a beating recently, and maybe rightfully so. I ride Everything Core but am not affiliated with the brand in anyway. Just had to put in my .02. Never had a single issue with any of my gear nor have I had any failures of any kind. I try to baby my gear and make it last. I kite more than once a week, typically in the gorge. If we as kiters have a problem with our gear it Is beneficial to go through your dealer. The Core dealer in the gorge is amazing and real willing to work with you. While I haven’t had any Core issues I have with some other brands and Dave has made it right. This all just my experience...
Honda - I bought that red Kitefish from you a few years back! Congrats on your first post here. There is much more info here than on the other forum you are used to. And I totally agree with your statement. The people you deal with make the experience. The foreign COREporation that is responsible for making the kite is not always the most friendly to the end user. Local stores, while still having an overall "send money or f--k you" attitude, can do much to make us feel better than that kite COREporation ever will.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:32 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:20 pm

You are not taking into account how kite COREporations work.
I was saying how they can and should work, not how they do work.

Carry on with your rant. :)

lewmt
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mtns

Postby lewmt » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:55 pm

foilonfoil wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:41 am
I agree - production runs can pop out some crappy results from chinese slave labor. Its the nature of our current beast that all kite companies use. The test comes in how any company deals with the results. Of course it costs them money to "make it right" but that's what makes enduring customer loyalty. I'm pretty sure no kite brand is so superior in performance that they can continue to treat their product buyers so poorly & expect to stay healthy - business wise. From everything I've read through these Core bashing threads there's no way I'd buy that brand of kite now. I have the same issue with Flysurfer due to the FS USA guy that is totally a useless tool even though their kites are incredibly engineered for performance. Luckily I have a brand that treats me right for performance & most importantly customer service......absolutely no reason to change

Return to “Kitesurfing”