Kiting since: 2009
Style: freeride. started foiling, not there yet
Gear: mostly custom made
Brand Affiliation: None currently

Re: Nick Jacobsen leaves Cabrinha team

Postby nixmatters » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:45 am

alunj wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:42 pm
He is still listed as a team Neil pryde rider on the brand new pryde website in the Eu
I've heard he's got a separate contract with Neilpryde (wetsuits & stuff) which is still running. His contract with Cabrinha expired this summer and wasn't (mutually) renewed.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:46 pm

NICK JACOBSEN JOINS NORTH KITEBOARDING AS TEAM MANAGER

North Technology Group (NTG) is extremely proud to announce that world-renowned kiteboarder Nick Jacobsen has joined North Kiteboarding.

Danish daredevil Jacobsen, who jumped off of one of the tallest hotels in the world on his kite will become Team Manager for the North brand. Nick will be scouting for riders with talent, as well as working closely with Chief Kite Designer Pat Goodman, in the development of the 2019 product range.

“Nick is an incredible rider with an adventurous spirit that the North Kiteboarding brand identifies with. With Nick’s love of pushing boundaries matched with our technology, it’s the perfect marriage that will take riders experience to the next level”, commented Mike Raper, North Kiteboarding’s Director of Product and Brand.

Since winning Red Bull’s King Of The Air competition in 2017, speculation has been mounting on the direction Nick will take next. His calm, expressive riding style along with years of experience has cemented his position as a true pioneer. He knows what it takes to be a professional athlete and is ready to share this with the next generation of riders.

Nick says, “Coming to North was about working with the best, people who I respect and who are my friends, all being aligned and sharing the same vision for where we want to go. This motivates me and I see this as a great opportunity moving forward. It’s going to be awesome finding talented young riders and seeing how far we can take them.”

Harnessing Nick’s restless energy and drive for innovation is exciting for the North Kiteboarding team. While Nick’s known for his air-raising abilities on a kiteboard, he’s truly passionate about the sport and has become a positive role model for riders young and old.

“It’s just not about performing the craziest stunts, it’s about enjoying the journey, the ride and being in the elements in a single moment of perfection and freedom”, continues Nick.

Nick’s addition is a further strength to an already talented North Kiteboarding leadership team, who each share a vision of making kiteboarding a more visible and accessible sport.

andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: Reedin Supermodel V3 7,9,11m, Duotone Juice 13m
Saul Custom Wave Board 138cm
Nomad Superleggera LW 142cm
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby andylc » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:29 pm

Sorry do we mean North or Duotone...???

Kitemenn
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Maasvlakte / Slufter
Gear: North Evo 11-7m / Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Kitemenn » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:38 pm

North...we saw that coming! North is attracking quite some big names! This could become interesting with Nick being the founding father of the Cab FX!

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:59 pm

andylc wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:29 pm
Duotone is Duotone

North is new North from NTG.

WindJunkieFL
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Weight: 165
Local Beach: Jacksonville Beach
Favorite Beaches: Caye Caulker Belize
Sunshine Skyway Bridge Florida
Style: Free rider
Gear: 13m Cabrinha Contra
11m Cabrinha Switchblade
11m Cabrinha AV8
9m Cabrinha Velocity
8m North Orbit
CrazyFly Raptor
CrazyFly Cruiser LW
Been thanked: 0

Postby WindJunkieFL » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:01 pm

Nice! Looking forward to seeing the new North brand and gear. I've been a dedicated Cabrinha rider for years but I think I'll definitely be scoping out Pat's designs and possibly making the switch

BernieTomic1
Frequent Poster
Gear: XR 5
Neo
Cabrinha Secret weapon
Cabrinha Spade
Epic Droid
F-ONE Trax HRD

Postby BernieTomic1 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:37 pm

What brands have Pat Goodman and Mike Raper been affiliated with before?
Which kites have they developed?
Are there other interesting design names in the new North team?

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:06 pm

Toby wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:59 pm
andylc wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:29 pm
Duotone is Duotone

North is new North from NTG.
If you have have had a day of experience in corporate land, you knew that the North name was worth money. And that is why Duotone is not North anymore. They would not pay up (agree to terms in corporate speak) to continue to use the name and hype associated with that name. Thus the owners of the "North" name are now looking to cash in on it's value (hype). And yes, I get some flak for pointing this out, but there will be lots of idiots that buy their new kites just for the old name. This does not make sense to me, but it is the way it is.

Sad that this is the mental state of a large portion of kiteboarders.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:17 pm

Toby wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:46 pm
NICK JACOBSEN JOINS NORTH KITEBOARDING AS TEAM MANAGER

North Technology Group (NTG) is extremely proud to announce that world-renowned kiteboarder Nick Jacobsen has joined North Kiteboarding.

Danish daredevil Jacobsen, who jumped off of one of the tallest hotels in the world on his kite will become Team Manager for the North brand. Nick will be scouting for riders with talent, as well as working closely with Chief Kite Designer Pat Goodman, in the development of the 2019 product range.

“Nick is an incredible rider with an adventurous spirit that the North Kiteboarding brand identifies with. With Nick’s love of pushing boundaries matched with our technology, it’s the perfect marriage that will take riders experience to the next level”, commented Mike Raper, North Kiteboarding’s Director of Product and Brand.

Since winning Red Bull’s King Of The Air competition in 2017, speculation has been mounting on the direction Nick will take next. His calm, expressive riding style along with years of experience has cemented his position as a true pioneer. He knows what it takes to be a professional athlete and is ready to share this with the next generation of riders.

Nick says, “Coming to North was about working with the best, people who I respect and who are my friends, all being aligned and sharing the same vision for where we want to go. This motivates me and I see this as a great opportunity moving forward. It’s going to be awesome finding talented young riders and seeing how far we can take them.”

Harnessing Nick’s restless energy and drive for innovation is exciting for the North Kiteboarding team. While Nick’s known for his air-raising abilities on a kiteboard, he’s truly passionate about the sport and has become a positive role model for riders young and old.

“It’s just not about performing the craziest stunts, it’s about enjoying the journey, the ride and being in the elements in a single moment of perfection and freedom”, continues Nick.

Nick’s addition is a further strength to an already talented North Kiteboarding leadership team, who each share a vision of making kiteboarding a more visible and accessible sport.
I am claiming this. CALLED IT!!!

...also good for him. Seems like a good career move.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:35 pm

BernieTomic1 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:37 pm
What brands have Pat Goodman and Mike Raper been affiliated with before?
Which kites have they developed?
Are there other interesting design names in the new North team?
Cabrinha

Return to “Kitesurfing”