Ocean Rodeo: The Next Gen Bars Are Here

Forum for kitesurfers
alford
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: all brands
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ocean Rodeo: The Next Gen Bars Are Here

Postby alford » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:54 pm

What is standard line length (no extensions) on the new version Shift bar? Can't seem to get an answer.

Digdawg
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Snowkite:
Lemon Reservoir, Durango
Rito Hondo, Creede
Favorite Beaches: Key West
Outer Banks
CorpUs Christi
Style: Freeride
Gear: Ocean Rodeo
- Aluula Flite 17m
- Flite 12m, 14.5m & 17m
- Crave 12m
- Mako 150 & 160
Ozone
- 14m
Epic
- Renegade 7m
Slingshot
- Crisis 140
Crazyfly
- LW 154
Ride Engine Harness

Postby Digdawg » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:30 pm

SolarSet wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:22 am
How much money you have to spend to develop and then produce bar? They should cost $100-200. There is no rocket science when it comes to bar. They either take a piss or they expect to magically give 50-60% discounts on their bars.
The pilot bar is an updated version of the standard setup, but the stick shift took some time and new technology to put together. The open channel in the bar to allow flushing, which I think is pretty important. The development of a reliable means for tensioning the backlines so they will play out when you wish to trim out while not under load.

I'm riding the pilot bar and am very happy with it. I think OR put plenty of time, money and thought into developing the stick shift bar. I would be great if all kite gear was cheaper, but considering the price point of other bars the market, the stick shift warrants a slightly higher price tag imho.

EastCC
Medium Poster
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Roam
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo - Australia

Postby EastCC » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:14 pm

I’ll check but I think the lines total are 23m

EastCC
Medium Poster

Postby EastCC » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:44 pm

SolarSet wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:22 am
How much money you have to spend to develop and then produce bar? They should cost $100-200. There is no rocket science when it comes to bar. They either take a piss or they expect to magically give 50-60% discounts on their bars.
No guess on manufacturing costs sorry.

I do know that continued R&D, marketing, paying your employees, taxes, import / export duties and taxes, freight and distribution to a worldwide localised dealer network costs $.

Anyways it is what it is, not keen on arguing over RRP$, but Ocean Rodeo kites are compatible with most control bars on the market.

The Pilot bar is neat, well designed, works great and has top quality lines.
Shift bar I’ll get to see this week 👌

Do-it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: North and Ocean Rodeo

Postby Do-it » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:47 am

Sorry to call you out OR....you honestly are my favorite. I just can’t afford your product anymore.... hopefully you will attract the rich kids.....which is probably 20percent of the market. Good luck staying in business.

Do-it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: North and Ocean Rodeo

Postby Do-it » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:02 am

EastCC wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:51 am
Do-it wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:50 am
Wtf ocean rodeo?? 700 bucks for a bar?
Haha, I used to get feedback about the older versions of OR bars being "behind the market leaders" and "unrefined", even though they were priced appropriately & functioned very well.
Now OR have two neat and refined bars with high quality line sets, it's a surprise they are priced accordingly.

btw $700 is the Shift bar complete,
Pilot is $525 complete.

No calls of game changing I've seen, but the Shift bar is pretty nice in waves and foiling.
If you pay 700 bucks for a bar.... you are a fucking complete idiot.if I see someone riding with a 700 dollar bar I will assume they are a fucktard.

OzBungy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby OzBungy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:48 am

I've got cheap bars, and I've got expensive bars. The more expensive bars are much better than the cheap ones.

I did buy the expensive ones at end of model sales so they weren't much more expensive than the cheap ones. Certainly not US$700. But it remains that the quality of the finish and fittings is far superior.

Given that the bar is the direct user interface to the kite it has a great impact on the feel and pleasure of kiting. I would quite happily pay a price premium for a superior product. Life is too short to kite on crap gear.

EastCC
Medium Poster

Postby EastCC » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:15 pm

If you pay 700 bucks for a bar.... you are a fucking complete idiot.if I see someone riding with a 700 dollar bar I will assume they are a fucktard.
A lot of peeps here with a north/duotone kite are on the Click Bar - RRP $720USD. Majority are not 'fucktards'
Sorry to call you out OR....you honestly are my favorite. I just can’t afford your product anymore.... hopefully you will attract the rich kids.....which is probably 20percent of the market. Good luck staying in business.

Ocean Rodeo - $525
Liquid Force - $525
Cabrinha - $510
Slingshot - $525
FOne - $539
Core - $599
Ozone - $580
Naish -$529
Airush - $550
Duotone - $540
Epic - $499
Zeeko - $475
Flysurfer - $509
Best - $499
Nobile - $505
CrazyFly - $540
Eleveight - $499

Rear Line Trim:
Ocean Rodeo Shift - $699
Duotone Click Bar - $720
BWS Blue Chip - $689

Seems pretty close across the board.
Last edited by EastCC on Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:44 pm

Keep the price high, give you a nice deal...

BrunoC
Medium Poster
Local Beach: OBX
Style: Freeride
Gear: various
Has thanked: 0

Postby BrunoC » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:11 pm

$700 or $500; what’s the difference? $200 difference.

Consider the cost of a full kiteboarding setup: 3-4 kites, 2-3 boards, harness, wetsuits, etc. The price difference to get into a premium bar as a % of the overall cost is peanuts.

Buy the best you can afford and enjoy it.
Do-it wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:02 am
EastCC wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:51 am
Do-it wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:50 am
Wtf ocean rodeo?? 700 bucks for a bar?
Haha, I used to get feedback about the older versions of OR bars being "behind the market leaders" and "unrefined", even though they were priced appropriately & functioned very well.
Now OR have two neat and refined bars with high quality line sets, it's a surprise they are priced accordingly.

btw $700 is the Shift bar complete,
Pilot is $525 complete.

No calls of game changing I've seen, but the Shift bar is pretty nice in waves and foiling.

Return to “Kitesurfing”