Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Need Slingshot CSS Bungee, what year is my control bar

Forum for kitesurfers
SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Re: Need Slingshot CSS Bungee, what year is my control bar

Postby SENDIT! » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:17 pm

norcom wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:48 pm
The original idea was to hook the leash right into point A. When you release the QR the kite flags to the center line. You can't loop or unhook like with newer bars but the safety's better than the velcro strap connected to the arm idea before it.

If you put a bungee on that bar and eject, the O ring at (A) will not go through the bar hole. If you put a bungee on that bar you have to run it on the outside of the bar, not where the depower lines are. Slingshot also has a different bar with the bungee that looks very similar to your model.

Here's a manual for that bar. Not sure why they say to connect it to the QR though.
https://system.na3.netsuite.com/core/me ... 20%3Cbr%3E

Get a new bar.
You beat me to it, norcom! Nice work!

mikec_9999
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Plum Beach, Brooklyn
Gear: Slingshot
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby mikec_9999 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:31 pm

Thanks for all the help!!! It's an 11M kite. I'm doing it on the cheap (as I always do when I first get into something), I got a whole setup: kite, bar, board, pump, harness shorts, float vest, pump and helmet for $500.

mikec_9999
Rare Poster

Postby mikec_9999 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:33 pm

Thanks for all the help!!! It's an 11M kite. I'm doing it on the cheap (as I always do when I first get into something), I got a whole setup: kite, bar, board, pump, harness shorts, float vest, pump and helmet for $500.

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Postby Da Yoda » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:42 pm

SENDIT! wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:15 pm
I'm honestly not sure, but I think yours is maybe the 2007 Full Stroke Bar? I found a link to an old manual here with some bar diagrams you can look at if you want.
:thumb:
I forgot about the Turbo still incorporating that bar in 2007. My 1st Slingshot kite was a 2008 Rev w/ the 4-line DirectDrive bar, so that's my true reference point for Slingshot's bars.

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: all brands

Postby alford » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:18 pm

norcom wrote:
The original idea was to hook the leash right into point A. When you release the QR the kite flags to the center line. You can't loop or unhook like with newer bars but the safety's better than the velcro strap connected to the arm idea before it.

If you put a bungee on that bar and eject, the O ring at (A) will not go through the bar hole. If you put a bungee on that bar you have to run it on the outside of the bar, not where the depower lines are. Slingshot also has a different bar with the bungee that looks very similar to your model.

Here's a manual for that bar. Not sure why they say to connect it to the QR though.

Get a new bar.
Other than the limitations you note how did it work with leash running up over the bar? Was it a PITA or not? It's actually a very simple front-line flagging system, at least on paper.

mikec_9999
Rare Poster

Postby mikec_9999 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:09 pm

SENDIT! wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:15 pm
BTW, what are you going to fly with this bar, anyway...or maybe we don't want to know. :lol:
SENDIT!
It's an 11m kite. I got all the gear really cheap (as I always do when trying out a new sport). $500 for full setup: the kite, control bar with all the lines, board, harness, pump, float vest, helmet, back pack and roller case. More to the story, I'm a pretty decent windsurfer: I learned how to waterstart this season, and do proper plaining. But with windsurfing i'm limited to how far I can drive from my house as gear is very bulky. A kite seems like something I can easily bring with me on a plane, or fit in a small rental car.

norcom
Very Frequent Poster
Style: waves
Gear: Too much to list these days. Currently mostly a v3 Cabo's and Spleene Zone fan

Postby norcom » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:51 am

alford wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:18 pm
norcom wrote:

Get a new bar.
Other than the limitations you note how did it work with leash running up over the bar? Was it a PITA or not? It's actually a very simple front-line flagging system, at least on paper.
I used one when I was just starting out and it didn't seem that bad but I didn't loop in my transions then. It's still a single line safety, which is nice. Just the chances of the leash wrapping around the bar are huge. Few years ago I saw someone using a Liquid Force bar with a similar design, so it's not just Slingshot who were doing this.

I wouldn't use that type of bar now, even if I had to miss a session. The leash wrap could power the kite up and even if you eject on the chicken loop you'll be still attached and powered up to the kite with the leash. That bar could be modified with a stopper ball and a bungee to be somewhate usable but that gear sucks for safety and ease of learning in comparison to what's been out for the last 6 years.

wardr77
Medium Poster
Local Beach: UK Camber , Whitstable. Southcoast in general
Style: Freeride
Gear: Nobile / Slingshot

Postby wardr77 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:57 pm

That bar is for Slingy Turbo Diesel circa 2007. No bungee. Leash attaches to the ring (A) in your diag. I've got the same bar for my Slingshot link 15m (minus the bar pullies), was out on it yesterday. The leash goes over your bar and up to the ring, a bit messy but its ok. The only issue with the bar is its too thin! Makes your fecking hands cramp up.

Return to “Kitesurfing”