Favorite Beaches: Tarifa, Kalpitya, Brazil,
Style: Freeride, Allround
Gear: Rrd Obsession
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ozone edge V9 vs North Rebel vs Eleveight RS

Postby Hawaii81 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:38 am

Has anyone tried all theese kites 2018-2019 models, or some of them and can describe me the differences, and help me decide which one to get..

Thank you for all replies!

SaltWaterDog
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Copenhagen, most of Denmark and northern Germany.
Style: Biting off more than I can usually chew.
Gear: XR5, Fusion 3.

Re: Ozone edge V9 vs North Rebel vs Eleveight RS

Postby SaltWaterDog » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:28 am

In order of most to least accessible for a beginner: RS, Rebel, Edge.

RS and Rebel are great progression kites while the Edge is a more demanding ride. But all three kites can be used by beginners to progress. If i were to recommend just one for a beginner/early-intermediate rider it would be the 3-strut RS. To my knowledge not much has changed for either of the three models in the last couple years (Rebel did lose its 5th line recently and RS is only in its second iteration) but the RS is more versatile than the other two and really does live up to the “cross-over” badge. I think Ozone’s Enduro is more appropriate kite to compare to the RS than the Edge. If I were to pick a “do anything” kite right here and now it would probably be the Enduro.

Hawaii81
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Hanko Finland

Postby Hawaii81 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:42 pm

SaltWaterDog wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:28 am
In order of most to least accessible for a beginner: RS, Rebel, Edge.

RS and Rebel are great progression kites while the Edge is a more demanding ride. But all three kites can be used by beginners to progress. If i were to recommend just one for a beginner/early-intermediate rider it would be the 3-strut RS. To my knowledge not much has changed for either of the three models in the last couple years (Rebel did lose its 5th line recently and RS is only in its second iteration) but the RS is more versatile than the other two and really does live up to the “cross-over” badge. I think Ozone’s Enduro is more appropriate kite to compare to the RS than the Edge. If I were to pick a “do anything” kite right here and now it would probably be the Enduro.
Thank you for some opinions. These kites were my options because of easy boost and soft landing abilities. I've tried an Edge once and it was really powerful. I know the RS can jump high but will it have as much wind range and power like the Edge.. I don't think Enduro won't be an option for me..Rebel maybe not eighter.

RS or EDGE :)

jyka
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 85
Local Beach: laru
Style: freestyle
Gear: mixed set

Postby jyka » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:18 pm

Haven't tried edge, but depends on what you like. If you want maximum hangtime, wind range and upwind performance, I bet edge is better.
And RS is faster turning, if it's important

edit: forgot to mention, I have flown (older) rebels and they were great, hangtime, upwind performance, smooth power. My kind of kites. I would choose rebel over RS.
But again, depends on what you like, try to get a test drive
Last edited by jyka on Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hawaii81
Rare Poster

Postby Hawaii81 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:06 pm

jyka wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:18 pm
Haven't tried edge, but depends on what you like. If you want maximum hangtime, wind range and upwind performance, I bet edge is better.
And RS is faster turning, if it's important
thanks, hope to get more opinions from someone who has tested both kites...I now tested the Rs and its great but when the wind dropped it did not really have so much power and I had to get back to the beach and pump a bigger kite...thinking maybe if I had the edge I would maybe not have been in that situation...

Bladesurfer
Medium Poster
Local Beach: HagaPark Öland Sweden
Style: Old school Boosting and looping.
Gear: Ozone Chrono V3 13m
Ozone Edge V9 8m
Noblie 2HD 134*42.5
Brand Affiliation: Ozone local teamrider.

Postby Bladesurfer » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:57 pm

Hawaii81
Rare Poster

Postby Hawaii81 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:31 am

Bladesurfer wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:57 pm
Cant go wrong with Ozone Edge V9 .

https://youtu.be/VUwMvojJnMw

https://youtu.be/GMaI95LUPnQ
Maybe it will be my choose..abit more expensive but might last forever

rogue_kiteboarder
Frequent Poster
Gear: Crazy Fly Bulldozer/Crazyfly Raptor LTD, Naish Pivot, Duotone Rebel, Crazyfly Hyper, Mystic Majestic X
Brand Affiliation: Kiteboarding.com

Postby rogue_kiteboarder » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:36 pm

I have ridden all three but would not even think about all of them in the same category and trying to compare them.

The Edge and the Rebel are marginally similar but not so much that I would put them into the same category. The Eleveight RS is a completely different kite and has no place being mentioned with the other two, in my opinion, having ridden all three.

The Edge and Rebel are big boosters that fly a bit more forward in the window. They like to move fast, not turning speed, but forward momentum through the window. They both maintain their shape very well, even when really loaded up and they both get you way up in the air and let you down gently.

The RS is a fun kite that I did enjoy flying. It turns faster than the Edge and Rebel but does not go a big and requires more input for the soft and gentle landings. I do feel that this is a good kite for beginners as well as intermediate riders and is a strong addition to the Freeride category of kites.

In the end, It depends on what you want to do on the kite, if you want big air, go Edge or Rebel, if you want all around freeride, go RS.

This is of course my opinions only and I restricted my answers to the kites you mentioned and not the kites I think are best in general.

Hawaii81
Rare Poster

Postby Hawaii81 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:09 pm

rogue_kiteboarder wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:36 pm
I have ridden all three but would not even think about all of them in the same category and trying to compare them.

The Edge and the Rebel are marginally similar but not so much that I would put them into the same category. The Eleveight RS is a completely different kite and has no place being mentioned with the other two, in my opinion, having ridden all three.

The Edge and Rebel are big boosters that fly a bit more forward in the window. They like to move fast, not turning speed, but forward momentum through the window. They both maintain their shape very well, even when really loaded up and they both get you way up in the air and let you down gently.

The RS is a fun kite that I did enjoy flying. It turns faster than the Edge and Rebel but does not go a big and requires more input for the soft and gentle landings. I do feel that this is a good kite for beginners as well as intermediate riders and is a strong addition to the Freeride category of kites.

In the end, It depends on what you want to do on the kite, if you want big air, go Edge or Rebel, if you want all around freeride, go RS.

This is of course my opinions only and I restricted my answers to the kites you mentioned and not the kites I think are best in general.
Hey thanks rogue_kiteboarder for commenting! I guess it's very different type of kites yup. It just happened to be brands in my country that is easily available, and lots of people on the beach has recommended me the Edge, and lots of people has recommend the RS and also Rebel so it was great to find a person who has tested both.:) Hope my choice will be a kite I can use for a longer period to progress with and easy to boost and soft landings interest me...I'd get the edge 9m so I think it will turn quite quick anyways..Wich kite would you choose of these and why? Feel free to mention other brands too!

rogue_kiteboarder
Frequent Poster
Gear: Crazy Fly Bulldozer/Crazyfly Raptor LTD, Naish Pivot, Duotone Rebel, Crazyfly Hyper, Mystic Majestic X
Brand Affiliation: Kiteboarding.com

Postby rogue_kiteboarder » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:38 pm

Of the kites you listed, I would go with the Rebel, it is a little more all around compared to the Edge in my experience. It still has the big boost and easy landing that the Edge has, but turns and responds to input better for my riding style.

Return to “Kitesurfing”