Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

under a 9m better a 6 or a 7m for twintip riding?

Forum for kitesurfers
plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: under a 9m better a 6 or a 7m for twintip riding?

Postby plummet » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:30 pm

Easy. Your next size down should be a 7. 9-6 is gap is too big and you will be overpowered/underpowered around 28-30 knots.
get a 7 find the top end of that. Then decide if you need a smaller kite.
Depending on your style and skill you can probably hold a 7m into 40 knot gusts. But solid 35 plus should probably be on a 6 or 5m unless your a maniac punching high powered mega loops at those wind speeds.

badgb21
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: High Pines - Duxbury
Chapin/Mayflower Cape Cod
Langebaan
Cape Verde
Gear: None
Brand Affiliation: None. - The words of the prophets are written on the forum “walls”-

Postby badgb21 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:04 pm

Matteo you’ve been holding out on me!
Irie John found some snaps! You cheeky monkey.
Anyway they are now part of my collection, I can gaze at them at leisure.

Me on a rail, why would I go anywhere near something hard when kiting?
It doesn’t sound very sensible to me.
Mind you if I kited with you, you’d be able to get my mind out of its box I’m sure!

Now do you have anymore little secrets johns going to find?
You cheeky boy!

Matteo V wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:05 pm
badgb21 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:37 pm
The world does not need any more TT riders and they should be informed of the thrills that lay ahead with surfboards and foils.
Pretty much opposite of my advice. I typically say that the rider really decides on what feeling they want to enjoy/pursue. To put it bluntly, I have witnessed more visually pleasing wave riding from a guy on a TT than I have seen from directional riders (in person). The key to kiting happiness and development is to make sure YOU decide what you like. Don't buy into the hype of "do it this way or YOU ARE WRONG AND BEING A KOOK" or "this is better than that for every kiter". YOU need to get out there and actually experience the different board types and approaches to kiting. And YOU should do this throughout your skill development. Sometimes even I miss being on a TT, but not enough to make me go back.......well maybe not for now. Though, who knows about the future? But let me know if you want me to explain the feeling I get from TT vs strapless surfboard vs kitesurfboard vs Kitefish vs hydrofoil. Or if you really want to get detailed, what is the difference between fin configurations on kitesurfboards and my take on what they are good for. That information could help you with understanding why you would want to broaden your horizons. And also ask others, but keep to your own path and don't let anyone tell you have to do it this way, or that.

And as a side note, I really have not kept up my interest in hydrofoils. I have not used mine for maybe 6months now. So, even though I dumped lots of money and (some) time into it, it is just not for me at this point. If you try something, and you give it some time but it does not make you feel good about pursuing it, move on for now. That is how you home in on what you really do like.

badgb21 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:37 pm
Do you have any more photos of you that I can add to my collection?
Sorry, I do not. So how about you put up some pics of you riding a rail?

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:33 pm

badgb21 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:04 pm
Funny! Lil' Johnny seems to know more about me than I do. Creepy too, even though I have some respect for him as he is a valuable contributor here. But I guess everybody's got a stalker. I hope he never finds my facebook or snapchat pages. But those pics are the same one's from before. So you got no new "erotic art".

badgb21 wrote:
Mind you if I kited with you, you’d be able to get my mind out of its box I’m sure!
I do not have the power to get your mind out of the gutter. Only you can do that as it is a conscious choice. And I guess I thought you were riding sliders and rails since you had so much to say about those pics. So what was your issue with those stills again if you don't do that stuff? Are you Jelly? Because if so, you should not be. Just because you are at a certain point in YOUR kiteboarding skill development, does not mean you will not acquire more skill somewhere further down your path. The main point is to have fun with what you are doing.

Heck, maybe I will even ditch the "improper attire", "wrong equipment", and "distasteful kite handling" to one day become a true and "in fashion" wakestyle park rider. Though I do feel even more attachment to my style of "black sheep kooky surfboard rail rider" due to the fanfare I have cultivated here. So thanks!

May I even say that you too are a valuable contributor here. You know how I love to be challenged to go waaaaayyyyy off topic. And you were the catalyst for that in this thread. So thanks again!

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:44 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:33 pm
Funny! Lil' Johnny seems to know more about me than I do. Creepy too ... bla bla bla
Nah, all you do (assuming you're using a touch sensitive device) is press on an image and from the pop-up menu select:

"Search Google for this image"

Rocket science I know but hey, trust me, I'm a rocket scientist. :lol:

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:59 pm

You guys, STOP this please!!!

Nobody cares what you write now, we are just sick of this quarrel...

And you all want to have the last word, as you feel it is a personal attack displayed to everyone around the world :angryfire:

So now you are nitpicking biting and citing words back and fourth, and really NOBODY cares now, nor read the content of your posts :wink:

I've encountered similar situations myself, and the urge to continue answering to posts you feel is mud slinging and a personal attack, is huge, that is the weakness of how we as humans often work :(
"Last word" as you feel the whole world is reading and following - but trust me, nobody cares anymore.

So please step back and see it from above, what would you think if a few others destroyed good threads with spam like this?

My point is, please let it be, by not replying to each other from now on here.

That would be a very attractive gesture everyone would respect :D

8) Peter

badgb21
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: High Pines - Duxbury
Chapin/Mayflower Cape Cod
Langebaan
Cape Verde
Gear: None
Brand Affiliation: None. - The words of the prophets are written on the forum “walls”-

Postby badgb21 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:31 pm

Ill stop if you stop with the emojis.
Bagsy last say though.

Now just stop it!

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:11 pm

Thanks for your intervention Peter, much appreciated. It's very reassuring to know that we can rely upon you to intervene as the voice of reason when similar posts to the one following your below post are made in the future.

So thanks again Peter. 8)
Peter_Frank wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:59 pm
You guys, STOP this please!!!

Nobody cares what you write now, we are just sick of this quarrel...

And you all want to have the last word, as you feel it is a personal attack displayed to everyone around the world :angryfire:

So now you are nitpicking biting and citing words back and fourth, and really NOBODY cares now, nor read the content of your posts :wink:

I've encountered similar situations myself, and the urge to continue answering to posts you feel is mud slinging and a personal attack, is huge, that is the weakness of how we as humans often work :(
"Last word" as you feel the whole world is reading and following - but trust me, nobody cares anymore.

So please step back and see it from above, what would you think if a few others destroyed good threads with spam like this?

My point is, please let it be, by not replying to each other from now on here.

That would be a very attractive gesture everyone would respect :D

8) Peter
Matteo V wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:33 pm
badgb21 wrote:
Funny! Lil' Johnny seems to know more about me than I do. Creepy too, even though I have some respect for him as he is a valuable contributor here. But I guess everybody's got a stalker. I hope he never finds my facebook or snapchat pages. But those pics are the same one's from before. So you got no new "erotic art".

badgb21 wrote:
I do not have the power to get your mind out of the gutter. Only you can do that as it is a conscious choice. And I guess I thought you were riding sliders and rails since you had so much to say about those pics. So what was your issue with those stills again if you don't do that stuff? Are you Jelly? Because if so, you should not be. Just because you are at a certain point in YOUR kiteboarding skill development, does not mean you will not acquire more skill somewhere further down your path. The main point is to have fun with what you are doing.

Heck, maybe I will even ditch the "improper attire", "wrong equipment", and "distasteful kite handling" to one day become a true and "in fashion" wakestyle park rider. Though I do feel even more attachment to my style of "black sheep kooky surfboard rail rider" due to the fanfare I have cultivated here. So thanks!

May I even say that you too are a valuable contributor here. You know how I love to be challenged to go waaaaayyyyy off topic. And you were the catalyst for that in this thread. So thanks again!

Return to “Kitesurfing”