Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kite Bag Transfer Fees Cayo Guillermo

Forum for kitesurfers
KiterDon
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Presqu'ile Provincial Park
Sandbanks Provincial Park
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras, Bahia Salinas, Acadian Islands, San Blas Islands, Punta Chame, Large Frozen Lakes (Snowkiting)
Style: Freestyle - HF, TT, SB +Snowkiting
Gear: Lot's - no particular brand. Depends on the condition...
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kite Bag Transfer Fees Cayo Guillermo

Postby KiterDon » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:25 am

Hi everyone

In a couple of weeks my partner and I are headed to Cayo Guillermo to kite. I have not kited there before but understand the plane lands at Cayo Coco and a bus transfers you to your resort at Cayo Guillermo. I also have heard that there is a fee for transferring kiteboarding gear. from the airport to the resort Does anyone know how much the fee currently is?

We will have two bags containing kiting gear - a "Golf" bag and a Nobile Splitboard bag. I fully expect to pay for the "Golf" bag but hopefully not for the splitboard bag because it conforms to airline baggage rules (same as any other checked bag). Last year at Cayo Santa Lucia they tried to charge me for the Nobile bag but I insisted that they did not charge since they were not charging for other tourists regular luggage. Does anyone have experience with Nobile bags going to Cayo Guillermo?

Any other advies would be welcome too. We are staying at the Sol Cayo Guillermo.

Thanks

Return to “Kitesurfing”