Re: two board quiver

Postby Matteo V » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:59 am

Peter_Frank wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:51 am
Matteo V wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:32 am
keegster17 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:32 pm
I am trying to keep my board quiver to two.
A hydrofoil is 2 boards in itself, with regards to how much space it takes up. So don't think you are getting away with space savings and simplicity by making a hydrofoil your second board.

And technically, I only have the Liquid Force "Kitefish" which I ride in all conditions (3.5m to 13.5m), and a hydrofoil to go on that board when it is just a little light for me on the 13.5m.

Yes, but IMO no...

The "second" board as a derivate from the hydrofoil, is IMO a huge compromise, that will not suit most kitesurfers.

So they will want either a full on TT to jump with max power, or a full on waveboard with no compromises, instead.

That is what I see around here, and also prefer myself.

But agree, go with the "best" TT you can ever think of for windy conditions, and then a hydrofoil for the rest (and you got that now you wrote), and you dont need anything else.

Sell your 18 m2 keegster17, if you are average weight, does not make any sense with a hydrofoil.

8) PF
Absolutely correct (highlited in red)!!! But as we all know, everything in kitesurfing is a compromise. And what I believe you are saying is, ' if you want to express your kitsurfing style (or lack thereof, like me) a hydrofoil/kitesurf combo board may not do it for your personal taste. But it does for me. So just my personal taste and opinion. Tough to call it a "style" when I get so much flack for it.

Hugh2
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 180lb/82kg
Local Beach: Clinton Lake in East-Central Illinois
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras and Cape Town (also sailing around the world, this season crossed the South Pacific)
Style: freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Nomad 5.5, Naish Pivot 6, 7, 9, 10 and 11, Duotone Dice 12
Long Ocean 136, Eleveight Master C+ 136, Naish Global 6'0", RB Sixty 3 Matador 5' 8", Slingshot Hoverglide H5 foil and Alien Air 4' 6" and Converter boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: two board quiver

Postby Hugh2 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:01 am

How about one board. A slingshot Converter board with foil, remove foil for waves, and then put straps on it for jumping in high winds. Compromise for all disciplines, but good enough at each to have some fun no matter the conditions. Three-kite quiver of 7, 9, and 12m should cover 10-30 knots. Not quite ready to buy the Converter as it is expensive, but thinking about it.

Return to “Kitesurfing”