Local Beach: Sooke, BC, Canada
Style: Canada's Kai Lenny (in my mind)
Gear: Ocean Rodeo wings&kites / GoFoil
Brand Affiliation: Open to offers

Re: Ocean Rodeo Roam feedback wanted

Postby juandesooka » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:06 am

matth wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:53 am
How is the turning speed of the 12m ROAM ?.. I am thinking of getting a 12m for light wind wave riding and skimming.....I have a 12m flite and Prodigy and love them both, but they still feel like 12s....is the Roam noticeably faster turning??
Roam 12 turns like a 12. I borrowed a friend's Prodigy 12 briefly on a light wind day...seemed to turn a lot faster to me, wanted to loop, but also noticeably worse drift. I back stalled it riding down the line.....never done that on Roam or bws, just not used to different flying style. Prodigy also more bar pressure.

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby matth » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:49 pm

randycasburn wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:36 am
Matt - have you locked the bridles out on your 12 Flite yet? If not you should…it is more direct. You should like it.

I can't find any info on that, do you have a link??

adamj2281
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Charleston, SC - Folly Beach
Favorite Beaches: Folly Beach, Wrightsville Beach, Playa Avellanas, Barker's, GC, East End, St. Croix,VI
Style: Surf mostly, some freeride
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Roam 7,12
Ocean Rodeo Crave 9
5'2" North Whip CSC
5'4" Tomo Hydroshort
Nobile 2HD
Slingshot H4 Batwing foil
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo

Postby adamj2281 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:06 am

juandesooka wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:06 am
matth wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:53 am
How is the turning speed of the 12m ROAM ?.. I am thinking of getting a 12m for light wind wave riding and skimming.....I have a 12m flite and Prodigy and love them both, but they still feel like 12s....is the Roam noticeably faster turning??
Roam 12 turns like a 12. I borrowed a friend's Prodigy 12 briefly on a light wind day...seemed to turn a lot faster to me, wanted to loop, but also noticeably worse drift. I back stalled it riding down the line.....never done that on Roam or bws, just not used to different flying style. Prodigy also more bar pressure.
i disagree with this, the Roam loops/turns faster than the Prodigy. I would say it's not as fast as the Razor, not as slow as the Prodigy. I've owned both the Prodigy and the Roam, same size, same generation, and the Roam is faster turning than the Prodigy. The Prodigy is better at boosting, and maybe has a bit more low end.

Return to “Kitesurfing”