Favorite Beaches: la manga
Style: freeride
Gear: airush, evo,
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Ozone adjustable stopper bar

Postby petato2 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:01 pm

Hi all,

I want to add an adjustable stopper ball to my Ozone Contact Water bar, so that I can adjust while sailing and get some relief to my harms when tired.

The thing is Ozone does not sell this short of piece.

Perhaps it is not possible due to the fact that the depower rope is covered by a plastic tube ?

So the question is, does anyone have installed a piece into his Ozone bar that works as an adjustable stopper bar ? If so, can you show it?

Thanks

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Re: Ozone adjustable stopper bar

Postby knotwindy » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:14 pm

See if you can get the Ocean Rodeo stopper from the Shift bar. Should work on the tube?

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:28 pm

Perhaps a North/Duotone Click bar stopper would work?

(I use the Ozone water bar with bare rope (ie without the PU cover) and set the cleat where I like it).

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:01 am

I think the North/Duotone stopper is on a square plastic line so don’t think it will work on the usual round one.

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Postby Da Yoda » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:39 am

petato2 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:01 pm
Perhaps it is not possible due to the fact that the depower rope is covered by a plastic tube ?
You answered your own question. The plastic sheaths (without a stopper ball) are now common on 90% of the controls bars these days. Only the folks at Ocean Rodeo were smart enough to address this issue and invented their innovative G Stop stopper for their new Shift control bar. https://oceanrodeo.com/product/shift/
Unfortunately it doesn't look like they sell it separately, but I'd give them a call and see what they can do. At this point it's your only option! :thumb:

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:58 pm

knotwindy wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:14 pm
See if you can get the Ocean Rodeo stopper from the Shift bar. Should work on the tube?
I got one G-stopper from them , on the custom bar I made from their shift bar; it works even without cover ( but rope shall be large : in my case it is a 4 or 5 mm dyneema rope spliced in itself to increase the diameter (and limit wear) ;

but I must say that after some hours of use, a soft plastic-like-neoprene glued inside the G-stopper has parted away during a wring operation on the beach , so now it is out-of-order; so it works without cover but maybe less robust in time. I think they would agree to sell one;

Presently, I use another home-made tip (now that I love adjustable stopper to ride handless on hydrofoil) : a cylindrical piece of EVA foam (from a bar floater cut at 10 cm or a hair-curler cover) that I tight with Rislan plastic circles (3 generally) at the right pressure for the good sliding load; it works quite well, even if not so strong as a G-stopper , and has the other good advantage of easing the passage of the safety line in case of release with bar fully out under pressure.

Return to “Kitesurfing”