All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 12:34 pm 
Rare Poster

Hi,

In some postings I see people refering to
"invert" the kite like in message: http://www.kiteforum.com/phpBB/viewtopi ... 27&forum=1

What does this mean and how do you do that?

Thanks,

Ramon...

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 12:43 pm 
I wrote question about invert kite but nobody answer me. The subject was "invert relaunch". I try ask again: somethimes in light wind when i try relaunch when kite flip he direct fly in flip position from powerzone. It is same position like when you hold kite on beach and walking leading edge in figure "U" It is possible in air rotate kite from this position "U" to normal position? Please answer me somebody Tomas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 1:10 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Tomas - if anyone can understand what you want from that post - I will give them a medal! Damn dude - if you can't say it in English, write it in your language (German?) so someone can understand, and maybe translate...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 1:55 pm 
Rare Poster

If you are refering to the kite flipping inside out, then theoreically you can turn it back the other way. However, I would be amazed to see it done. Once it goes inside out - you are swimming. It has happened to me once - I was rescued after much swimming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 2:26 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I have seen the X2 14 go inside out, and relaunch like this!! The kiter then proceeded to dump it into the water again, and by some luck it fliped again, and righted itself. He then got it up and cruised off...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 2:31 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

My high aspect Airblasts have done this on occassion upon water relaunch. Low leading edge pressure seems to help this occur. Normally the kite just flies up and then crashes. I have had it happen a few times where the kite dives back down to the water, reinverts and flies up right side out. Normally though it is a problem and should be avoided in my experience.

Rick Iossi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 2:45 pm 
Thanks Rick i will try lower pressure in LE
Tomas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 2:58 pm 
But im stil not sure that you are right understand me. The kite was not flip inside out - just fly up without moving to side and hi flying upside-down. I can fly kite in this position "U" long time but kite has not any drag it is like when you relase kite on leash and kite fly on leash. Only thing what i may do is dive kite into water and try relaunch again. My question: It is some solution to turn kite upside down in air without relaunching? When you are not undestanding me i can send picture on your mail.

Thanks

Tomas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 3:08 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Hello Tomas,

I meant that lower leading edge pressure contributed to the kite relaunching inverted. The solution, at least in my case, was to patch the slow leak and to keep the leading edge properly inflated and NOT underinflated to AVOID inverted relaunching.

Rick Iossi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 4:25 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Thomas,
I get it. When your kite finally rols onto its back there is still loosness in your lines. Once it rolls over swim away from the kite untilo the lines are tight then steer it in one direction or the other. A good way to avoid that happening is to not drop your kite...ha just kidding. Next time you are relaunching try to turn your bar and point one end at the kite while you are in the chicken loop and then swim towards it. As soon as the kite rolls over swim away from it until the liunes are tight then wait in the chicken loop steering the kite in the direction you want it to relaunch. All that is happening is that you have slack in your lines after the kite rolls over.
Good luck.
Aloha Royce.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Royce on 2002-09-23 17:27 ]</font>

[ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next